in Pima Community College that teach Computer Information Systems Edit
at Pima Community College, Tucson, AZ
are you Odile Wolf?
B-

10/23/2014
cIS129 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Get ready to read" "Tests are tough" "Tough Grader"

Very unforgiving when its grading time. She expects proficiency in java in an INTRODUTORY COURSE!! You WILL spend every waking hour of your life if you hope to pass. YOUVE BEEN WARNED

09/02/2014
good
CIS 129 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Some assignments were not very clear on how she wanted them done. There was more than enough extra credit to raise your grade by at least .5 - 1. This was my first attempt at a computer programming course with no previous experience and I thought it was easy if you put the work into it.

01/21/2014
CIS 129 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B

I had been working as a developer for years before taking her entry level class that I needed to complete a degree. She introduced us to all sorts of "industry standards" that simply did not exist. Homework assignments were unclear and took months to get grades on. Class materials were largely taught in pseudo-pseudocode which she makes up. Avoid!

01/19/2014
CIS 129 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B+

No Java experience when I started and had to teach myself Java for the labs. The Java book was near useless but regular assignments were from the psuedocode book. She suggested the use of methods that are not included in Java (have to download from open=source site) and gave NO instructions on how to use them. AWFUL TEACHER for a new programmer.

01/05/2014
CIS129 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

One of the worst teachers I've ever had. My class was supposed to be an intro course with no experience required. However, all of the 4 lab assignments were supposed to be coded and debugged in Java. She had scarce office hours and wasn't helpful online at all, sometimes insulting students. Maybe okay if you have experience but otherwise STAY AWAY!

12/23/2013
CIS129 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: C

This instructor is tough, I would not recommend this instructor if you don't already have a background in programming. She is a tough grader, sometimes inconsistent and confusing, it was not a pleasant experience for me. One of the best things about her tho is she gives a lot of opportunities for extra credit and I needed all of them... =/

12/18/2013
good
CSA110 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B

Very tough class but instructor is quick to answer questions and help where she can. increases desire to learn with leniency and understanding. understand that she can't give answers but helps where she can, i learned much more than i though i would! i will be attending more of her classes.

10/30/2013

This is the worst instructor I have even had in my life. Stay away. The grading is inconsistent with worthless feedback, she won't answer questions or give examples, and worst of all teaches pseudocode, but tests on Java which she doesn't even teach nor does she want to even give examples.

08/28/2013
CIS 129 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This teacher is very sweet on a personal level. However, her class is very much the opposite. She does not do handouts, that would be nice, especially if you are struggling with coding. She uses Java in the class. Though the syllabus says that you don't need experience, she expects that you do, or can pic it up from her quick talks. YIKES! WARNING!

08/12/2013
CSA110 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I would not recommend this teacher. Very unorganized in the ruberics and mods have no inclination as to what chapter to work on. Like pulling teeth to get any response for help on the discussions. Slow to grade assignments. Some of the instructions in the homework do not even work in Excel, does not help and will not alter grade due to it.

07/24/2013
CIS 129 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Ms. Wolf is not a teacher I recommend, but she isn't one I will try to turn you away from. I had no prior programming experience and she made it very difficult, being unclear in what she wanted for the homework, inconsistent grading, and gave very vague answers to emails.

05/23/2013
good
CIS129 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher. Comes off as harsh at first but she wants you to succeed. Very helpful in choosing classes to continue my programming major.

05/15/2013
good
CIS 129IP Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Ms.Wolf's class is a tough. She explains concepts very well. Wolf is exacting, but very understanding. She made sure that I learned the subject material, which is why I took the class. I highly recommend Ms. Wolf's CIS 129 class to anyone wanting to learn the basics of computer programming. It was an excellent class.

05/14/2013
good
CIS 129 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Wolf is one of the best instructors I've had. She responded promptly to e-mails and was knew the material. She created additional resources that could be used if the text wasn't clear enough. Even though I already had a little programming experience I learned a lot from this class and enjoyed taking it.

01/08/2013
good
CIS129 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is clear with the information, the book is informative, and as a beginner in the field, these are the things you really look for when selecting your first step. The projects were interesting, and not too difficult. The only problem was that she was given bad AV equipment to teach with. Overall, she is an an awesome professor. Highly Recommend!

12/15/2012
good
CSA110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

It was a great class and I learned a lot.

07/24/2012
good

I find Ms. Wolf to be a great teacher, but responses are often slow. Online class with about 2 assignments per week, rather slow and easily doable. The class is hard only if you procrastinate. While a bit harsh on grading, I almost asked for it because I know a lot in this field already; I like this though, it helps develop my minor skills.

06/26/2012
good
CSA110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Helpful teacher, sho wants you to learn the material. Wont give you the answer, but will lead you right to it. All emails sent to her were responded to, one even on a Sunday. Enjoyable class, learned alot of new information.

04/30/2012
CIS131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Worst teacher I've ever had; virtually non-existent. Rude, doesn't answer questions, and VERY unorganized. There were assignments she expected us to turn in even though she'd NEVER mentioned them and they weren't on the syllabus. I got an A despite having this "teacher," but I would never recommend anyone take her class.

03/25/2012
CSA110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

In all my years of being a student, I have perhaps never have considered such awful comments on the teacher. Ms. Wolf, although seems helpful at first. Later, she doesn't answer a lot of your questions. I took her online class CSA110 and I practically have never been so confused and so helpless when doing the assignments. I am really disappointed.