Odile Wolf at Pima Community College

Odile Wolf

Number of ratings 23 / Average Grade:  B- Submit a correction

9/2/14

CIS 129

Some assignments were not very clear on how she wanted them done. There was more than enough extra credit to raise your grade by at least .5 - 1. This was my first attempt at a computer programming course with no previous experience and I thought it was easy if you put the work into it.

1/21/14

Grade ReceivedB

I had been working as a developer for years before taking her entry level class that I needed to complete a degree. She introduced us to all sorts of "industry standards" that simply did not exist. Homework assignments were unclear and took months to get grades on. Class materials were largely taught in pseudo-pseudocode which she makes up. Avoid!

1/19/14

Grade ReceivedB+

No Java experience when I started and had to teach myself Java for the labs. The Java book was near useless but regular assignments were from the psuedocode book. She suggested the use of methods that are not included in Java (have to download from open=source site) and gave NO instructions on how to use them. AWFUL TEACHER for a new programmer.

1/5/14

CIS129

One of the worst teachers I've ever had. My class was supposed to be an intro course with no experience required. However, all of the 4 lab assignments were supposed to be coded and debugged in Java. She had scarce office hours and wasn't helpful online at all, sometimes insulting students. Maybe okay if you have experience but otherwise STAY AWAY!

12/23/13

Grade ReceivedC

This instructor is tough, I would not recommend this instructor if you don't already have a background in programming. She is a tough grader, sometimes inconsistent and confusing, it was not a pleasant experience for me. One of the best things about her tho is she gives a lot of opportunities for extra credit and I needed all of them... =/

12/18/13

Grade ReceivedB

Very tough class but instructor is quick to answer questions and help where she can. increases desire to learn with leniency and understanding. understand that she can't give answers but helps where she can, i learned much more than i though i would! i will be attending more of her classes.

10/30/13

CIS129

This is the worst instructor I have even had in my life. Stay away. The grading is inconsistent with worthless feedback, she won't answer questions or give examples, and worst of all teaches pseudocode, but tests on Java which she doesn't even teach nor does she want to even give examples.

8/28/13

CIS 129

This teacher is very sweet on a personal level. However, her class is very much the opposite. She does not do handouts, that would be nice, especially if you are struggling with coding. She uses Java in the class. Though the syllabus says that you don't need experience, she expects that you do, or can pic it up from her quick talks. YIKES! WARNING!

8/12/13

CSA110

I would not recommend this teacher. Very unorganized in the ruberics and mods have no inclination as to what chapter to work on. Like pulling teeth to get any response for help on the discussions. Slow to grade assignments. Some of the instructions in the homework do not even work in Excel, does not help and will not alter grade due to it.

7/24/13

CIS 129

Ms. Wolf is not a teacher I recommend, but she isn't one I will try to turn you away from. I had no prior programming experience and she made it very difficult, being unclear in what she wanted for the homework, inconsistent grading, and gave very vague answers to emails.

5/23/13

CIS129

Great teacher. Comes off as harsh at first but she wants you to succeed. Very helpful in choosing classes to continue my programming major.

5/15/13

CIS 129IP

Ms.Wolf's class is a tough. She explains concepts very well. Wolf is exacting, but very understanding. She made sure that I learned the subject material, which is why I took the class. I highly recommend Ms. Wolf's CIS 129 class to anyone wanting to learn the basics of computer programming. It was an excellent class.

5/14/13

CIS 129

Professor Wolf is one of the best instructors I've had. She responded promptly to e-mails and was knew the material. She created additional resources that could be used if the text wasn't clear enough. Even though I already had a little programming experience I learned a lot from this class and enjoyed taking it.

1/8/13

CIS129

She is clear with the information, the book is informative, and as a beginner in the field, these are the things you really look for when selecting your first step. The projects were interesting, and not too difficult. The only problem was that she was given bad AV equipment to teach with. Overall, she is an an awesome professor. Highly Recommend!

12/15/12

CSA110

It was a great class and I learned a lot.

7/24/12

CIS129

I find Ms. Wolf to be a great teacher, but responses are often slow. Online class with about 2 assignments per week, rather slow and easily doable. The class is hard only if you procrastinate. While a bit harsh on grading, I almost asked for it because I know a lot in this field already; I like this though, it helps develop my minor skills.

6/26/12

CSA110

Helpful teacher, sho wants you to learn the material. Wont give you the answer, but will lead you right to it. All emails sent to her were responded to, one even on a Sunday. Enjoyable class, learned alot of new information.

4/30/12

CIS131

Worst teacher I've ever had; virtually non-existent. Rude, doesn't answer questions, and VERY unorganized. There were assignments she expected us to turn in even though she'd NEVER mentioned them and they weren't on the syllabus. I got an A despite having this "teacher," but I would never recommend anyone take her class.

3/25/12

CSA110

In all my years of being a student, I have perhaps never have considered such awful comments on the teacher. Ms. Wolf, although seems helpful at first. Later, she doesn't answer a lot of your questions. I took her online class CSA110 and I practically have never been so confused and so helpless when doing the assignments. I am really disappointed.

1/17/12

CIS131

Be careful in her class, she will move the goal posts on you.

More Computer Information Systems professors at Pima Community College