in Wayne State University that teach English Edit
at Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
are you Margaret Jordan?

01/02/2014
good
ENG2390 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Jordan is one of THE best profs I've had. She really knows her stuff. The class requires reading, but its very simple and even interesting. Dr Jordan is so sweet and helpful. Def recommend her!

12/11/2013
good
ENG2390 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

By far the best professor I've had in my whole 2 years of attendance at Wayne State. Dr. Jordan is very sweet and caring. She truly wants you to succeed and she is confident in all of her students. Prior to this class I had no interest in African American Literature, but she made it enjoyable for me.

10/28/2013
good
ENG2390 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

This professor was recognized as the 21 of the 50 "Highest Rated Professors 2012-2013" on this website (ratemyprofessors.com). This is out of ALL teachers at ALL universities. Obviously, if you have the option to study under this professor (for required or elective courses),,, then do it.

12/23/2012
good
Eng2390 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I absolutely love Dr. Jordan! She is higly intelligent, sweet, and very helpful. Her class is super easy! Make sure to read the novels that are required because group discussions are mandatory. She may talk for a very long time but she keeps your interest. She's one of the best professors at WSU. If I could take her class again I definitely would!

12/19/2012
good
ENG2390 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Jordan is the sweetest professor ever. All you do in class is have group discussions on the books assigned to read. The quizzes are super easy. Everything is easy. I don't see how you can struggle with her. I DEF. recommend her esp if you have to fulfill your intermediate req. HURRY UP AND REGISTER TO HER CLASS!!!! EASY A

12/15/2012
good
ENG2390 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

TAKE THIS WOMAN! SHE MAKES THIS CLASS SO MUCH FUN AND I HATE ENGLISH! I would take another class with her just to have her again. Excellent. Read to make her happy, don't buy the course pack, look texts up online Also, buy the books because you use them everyday. A lot of presentations.. very easy!!!

10/11/2012
good
ENG3140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Jordan was an amazing professor. She was great at giving complete information. The class discussions always made class enjoyable. She just did not lecture but rather we all as a class were involved in teaching.

05/07/2012
good

I loved this professor. She was amazing and she was so helpful. If you can, TAKE THIS PROFESSOR!!!!!

05/04/2012
good
ENG2390 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She was amazing professor. Very nice and approachable. Very well versed in the literature. If you dread English take her she will make your college life easier.

05/04/2012
good

She is well versed. Has a lot of experience teaching the subject. Pop quizzes are annoying but overall I couldn't have asked for a better professor for this class. Absolutely inspiring and amazing! Take Her You'll be glad you did

12/09/2011
good
ENG2390 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Best class decision I ever made. Dr. Jordan is amazing. She is so sweet and was extremely thorough. She has life experience with this class and this helps a lot. I did a lot of my assignments at the very last minute and received all the points for everything. Random pop quizzes, but super easy if you read the books. TAKE THIS CLASS! :)

08/02/2011
good

She was an amazing professor!! I would to take her for all my eng classes. Very helpful and understanding No regrets at all :)

05/18/2011
good
Eng5030 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

An absolute gem of an instructor. Great class discussions. Very knowledgeable and insightful. I liked her class so much I'm taking her Native American Lit. class in the fall.

07/02/2010
good
Eng2390 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is amazing! Take her! Don't let her syllabus scare you!! She is so nice, and such a great professor! I thought I was going to fail but I ended up with an A!

02/24/2010
good

Wonderful instructor! Knows her stuff and will do anything to help a student achieve the level of success in her class. Great class.

12/10/2009
good
ENG5030 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Jordan is a great teacher. She is really passionate about the subject matter and makes every class interesting, I had her for a 3 hour block and time just flew by. Her reading load was heavy, but if you have a basic understanding of the text then you'll do fine.

02/10/2009
good

Dr. Jordan is the only professor I know who can not only introduce you to a text but can also take you within it and make you feel like you are experiencing exactly what the author intended for you to feel. It's okay to be wrong, because in her room no one is wrong. She welcomes dialouge and puts everyone at ease. This is my second class with her.

08/30/2008
good

Professor Jordan is really really nice but had to do lots of reading in that class. We had 6 novels to read plus weekly readings. But I ended up getting A in the class which I wasn't expecting at all. Ohh yeah, we had quizes of after each reading and had 5 essay assingment and 1 ten pages journal assignment.

04/28/2008
good
eng2530 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I would take her for every class if I could. I have never had such an understanding professor in my college life. She makes you want to be there and get your best work done.

04/15/2008
good

She's not all that she's cracked up to be here. She's a nice, thorough professor, but she doesn't understand that students have other classes and can't read two books in a week. The reading workload is insane; basically don't take the class unless you love to read... a lot.