Margaret Jordan at Wayne State University

Margaret Jordan

Number of ratings 50 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

1/2/14

ENG2390

Dr. Jordan is one of THE best profs I've had. She really knows her stuff. The class requires reading, but its very simple and even interesting. Dr Jordan is so sweet and helpful. Def recommend her!

12/11/13

ENG2390

By far the best professor I've had in my whole 2 years of attendance at Wayne State. Dr. Jordan is very sweet and caring. She truly wants you to succeed and she is confident in all of her students. Prior to this class I had no interest in African American Literature, but she made it enjoyable for me.

10/28/13

Grade ReceivedA+

This professor was recognized as the 21 of the 50 "Highest Rated Professors 2012-2013" on this website (ratemyprofessors.com). This is out of ALL teachers at ALL universities. Obviously, if you have the option to study under this professor (for required or elective courses),,, then do it.

12/23/12

Eng2390

I absolutely love Dr. Jordan! She is higly intelligent, sweet, and very helpful. Her class is super easy! Make sure to read the novels that are required because group discussions are mandatory. She may talk for a very long time but she keeps your interest. She's one of the best professors at WSU. If I could take her class again I definitely would!

12/19/12

ENG2390

Dr. Jordan is the sweetest professor ever. All you do in class is have group discussions on the books assigned to read. The quizzes are super easy. Everything is easy. I don't see how you can struggle with her. I DEF. recommend her esp if you have to fulfill your intermediate req. HURRY UP AND REGISTER TO HER CLASS!!!! EASY A

12/15/12

ENG2390

TAKE THIS WOMAN! SHE MAKES THIS CLASS SO MUCH FUN AND I HATE ENGLISH! I would take another class with her just to have her again. Excellent. Read to make her happy, don't buy the course pack, look texts up online Also, buy the books because you use them everyday. A lot of presentations.. very easy!!!

10/11/12

ENG3140

Professor Jordan was an amazing professor. She was great at giving complete information. The class discussions always made class enjoyable. She just did not lecture but rather we all as a class were involved in teaching.

5/7/12

ENG2390

I loved this professor. She was amazing and she was so helpful. If you can, TAKE THIS PROFESSOR!!!!!

5/4/12

ENG2390

She was amazing professor. Very nice and approachable. Very well versed in the literature. If you dread English take her she will make your college life easier.

5/4/12

ENG2390

She is well versed. Has a lot of experience teaching the subject. Pop quizzes are annoying but overall I couldn't have asked for a better professor for this class. Absolutely inspiring and amazing! Take Her You'll be glad you did

12/9/11

ENG2390

Best class decision I ever made. Dr. Jordan is amazing. She is so sweet and was extremely thorough. She has life experience with this class and this helps a lot. I did a lot of my assignments at the very last minute and received all the points for everything. Random pop quizzes, but super easy if you read the books. TAKE THIS CLASS! :)

8/2/11

ENG2390

She was an amazing professor!! I would to take her for all my eng classes. Very helpful and understanding No regrets at all :)

5/18/11

Eng5030

An absolute gem of an instructor. Great class discussions. Very knowledgeable and insightful. I liked her class so much I'm taking her Native American Lit. class in the fall.

7/2/10

Eng2390

She is amazing! Take her! Don't let her syllabus scare you!! She is so nice, and such a great professor! I thought I was going to fail but I ended up with an A!

2/24/10

ENG2390

Wonderful instructor! Knows her stuff and will do anything to help a student achieve the level of success in her class. Great class.

12/10/09

ENG5030

Dr. Jordan is a great teacher. She is really passionate about the subject matter and makes every class interesting, I had her for a 3 hour block and time just flew by. Her reading load was heavy, but if you have a basic understanding of the text then you'll do fine.

2/10/09

ENG2390

Dr. Jordan is the only professor I know who can not only introduce you to a text but can also take you within it and make you feel like you are experiencing exactly what the author intended for you to feel. It's okay to be wrong, because in her room no one is wrong. She welcomes dialouge and puts everyone at ease. This is my second class with her.

8/30/08

Eng2390

Professor Jordan is really really nice but had to do lots of reading in that class. We had 6 novels to read plus weekly readings. But I ended up getting A in the class which I wasn't expecting at all. Ohh yeah, we had quizes of after each reading and had 5 essay assingment and 1 ten pages journal assignment.

4/28/08

eng2530

I would take her for every class if I could. I have never had such an understanding professor in my college life. She makes you want to be there and get your best work done.

4/15/08

ENG2390

She's not all that she's cracked up to be here. She's a nice, thorough professor, but she doesn't understand that students have other classes and can't read two books in a week. The reading workload is insane; basically don't take the class unless you love to read... a lot.

More English professors at Wayne State University