Rankin Sherling at Queen's University at Kingston

Rankin Sherling

Number of ratings 8 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/26/12

Hist290

Gorgeous so I sometimes find it hard to concentrate in his class, but he is so funny and engaging so his class is one you will not want to miss, the topics are exciting and he is genuinely interested in what he is speaking about. The only downside is that participation for speaking about the readings is mandatory and Ms.Shy me hates that.

11/17/12

HIST290

He's a very nice person, but I really dislike his teaching style. he tried to teach a class of 100 like a seminar. We went over the most obscure details from the readings every class, and every person had to participate. Not my cup of tea. He'd ask follow up questions and it was just an unpleasant and inaccessible type of class.

11/8/12

Hist121

Had him last year as a TA and this year as a prof and I would take another class by him if I could! He is engaging and funny but also incredibly knowledgable. He really cares about students and was always available and approachable for help. Participation is key in his classes.

11/1/12

HIST290

A truely fantastic individual and by far the best prof I've had. He really cares about his students and their learning. He's fair in his marking. He's also just a really nice guy. He remembers what it is like to be a student. And he held class in a pub once. He's a champ. Oh, and did I mention he might be the most attractive man on the planet?

7/14/12

HIST121

Definitely my favourite TA for my first year at Queen's. He is down to earth, very intelligent and great in seminar discussions. He keeps discussion balanced and is great at presenting alternative viewpoints fairly. I would recommend taking a class with him if you get the chance.

7/11/12

HIST121

My Favorite TA at Queen's. Whether he is teaching Gaelic to students after class at the Grad Club or in Seminar with students for class Rankin was always helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, respectful and always willing to engage with students in debate and discussion, or answer any questions. If you can i strongly sugguest taking a course with him.

2/10/12

HIST121

Wonderful TA for History 121! He was knowledgeable and clearly cared about his students. He was approachable and I really learned a lot from his class. The best!

12/3/11

HIST484

One of the best courses I've taken while here. Thought-provoking and unbiased, he clearly knows what he's talking about. Also he's hilarious, engaging, can actually SPEAK GAELIC, and is absolutely smokin' hot on top of it. Quite frankly, a perfect man. Love the Southern accent too. My new favourite prof.

More History professors at Queen's University at Kingston