in Queen's University at Kingston that teach History Edit
at Queen's University at Kingston, Kingston, ON
are you Rankin Sherling?

11/26/2012
good
Hist290 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Gorgeous so I sometimes find it hard to concentrate in his class, but he is so funny and engaging so his class is one you will not want to miss, the topics are exciting and he is genuinely interested in what he is speaking about. The only downside is that participation for speaking about the readings is mandatory and Ms.Shy me hates that.

11/17/2012
HIST290 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He's a very nice person, but I really dislike his teaching style. he tried to teach a class of 100 like a seminar. We went over the most obscure details from the readings every class, and every person had to participate. Not my cup of tea. He'd ask follow up questions and it was just an unpleasant and inaccessible type of class.

11/08/2012
good
Hist121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Had him last year as a TA and this year as a prof and I would take another class by him if I could! He is engaging and funny but also incredibly knowledgable. He really cares about students and was always available and approachable for help. Participation is key in his classes.

11/01/2012
good
HIST290 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A truely fantastic individual and by far the best prof I've had. He really cares about his students and their learning. He's fair in his marking. He's also just a really nice guy. He remembers what it is like to be a student. And he held class in a pub once. He's a champ. Oh, and did I mention he might be the most attractive man on the planet?

07/14/2012
good
HIST121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Definitely my favourite TA for my first year at Queen's. He is down to earth, very intelligent and great in seminar discussions. He keeps discussion balanced and is great at presenting alternative viewpoints fairly. I would recommend taking a class with him if you get the chance.

07/11/2012
good
HIST121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

My Favorite TA at Queen's. Whether he is teaching Gaelic to students after class at the Grad Club or in Seminar with students for class Rankin was always helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, respectful and always willing to engage with students in debate and discussion, or answer any questions. If you can i strongly sugguest taking a course with him.

02/10/2012
good
HIST121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Wonderful TA for History 121! He was knowledgeable and clearly cared about his students. He was approachable and I really learned a lot from his class. The best!

12/03/2011
good
HIST484 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

One of the best courses I've taken while here. Thought-provoking and unbiased, he clearly knows what he's talking about. Also he's hilarious, engaging, can actually SPEAK GAELIC, and is absolutely smokin' hot on top of it. Quite frankly, a perfect man. Love the Southern accent too. My new favourite prof.