in Orange Coast College that teach Sociology Edit
Kenneth Lindleaf
Professor in the Sociology department
at Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa, CA
are you Kenneth Lindleaf?
A+

05/24/2014
good
Sociology 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

Kenny is the best! He is so helpful and is willing to work with you. If you work hard you will get an A. He really cares about his students. TAKE HIM!

05/17/2014
good
Soc 10 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Took soc intro with lindleaf.Fun class with good discussions and lectures. Everything is really organized and straight forward. Study guides for 4 exams, two papers and some in class assigmenst. He Drops the lowest test too. Take notes and use study guides and it is a fun and interesting class.

05/14/2014
good
SOC 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

SO EASY! He was always there before or after class if you needed help. Tests are super easy if you just pay attention. The only issue I had is that all we talked about is how awesome socialism is--I guess this IS sociology. Other than that it was super easy. Take this class and you will feel like you are in HS.

12/13/2013
good
SOC A100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great class. Their are 4 tests, 2 papers and film worksheets. Grading is very fair. Attendance is not mandatory however it greatly helps. The book is never used in class but many of the test questions are derived from the book. Understanding how to answer his study guides clearly is key for your success, he also drops your lowest test grade.

11/28/2013
good
SOC 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you are going to take Introduction to Sociology, take it with Prof. Lindleaf. I was so ignorant and blind to the world around me until I took this class. He integrates his lectures into our daily lives. I recently found out I didn't have to take Sociology, but I didn't care because I felt that his class had changed me (not trying to sound lame).

09/20/2013
good
SOC185 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He really encourages participation and tells stories sometimes which makes it easier to pay attention. Pretty good class

08/01/2013
good
Soc185 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Took his social problems class for the summer session. 4 hours 40 minutes per class two times a week, and I never stopped looking forward to this class. Open forum with lots of discussions, participation encouraged. Very easy class. Do the reading, listen in class, and do the study guide for the 3 tests, and you're golden. Prof Lindleaf is great.

06/06/2013
good
SOC A185 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Amazing & passionate teacher. Explains info so everybody understands. Just pay attention & do the readings. The book is comprehensible to anyone as well. He's able to connect social problems to you personally, & encourages you to find something you're passionate about and take action. Plus, he's so nice to look at. I'd take any class he teaches.

12/12/2012
good
soc185 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Taking this class redeemed OCC for me. After having many horrible professors Lindleaf showed me there are great professors out there. He was very engaging and took the topic of social problems seriously, but taught it in a way that made us want to go save the the world after each lecture. Read the book before each class and you'll be golden.

12/07/2012
good
SOC7021 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is a GREAT professor who loves his job and keeps things interesting. i def recommend him. i can sit though 3hours of his fast track course any day

11/30/2012
good
SOC185 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Lindleaf is a great prof. He makes coming to class really enjoyable. Participation is important but he tries to make the class an open forum. There is 1 final paper and short readings each week + a few easy tests if you attend lecture. This prof truly cares about his students opinions and you'll always leave wanting to take on the world.

11/26/2012
good
soc16 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent Professor! Makes the class so easy to understand! Really engaging! Exams are easy plus study guide, two short papers, in class journals. Excellent marriage and family professor!

09/29/2012
good
SOC16 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Amazing professor, I have taken 2 of his classes and he is very clear in his lectures. Attendance is important for him I highly recommend him to anyone.

06/18/2012
good
SOC185 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

My first semester at OCC, I was a little nervous, especially when I learned that one of my professors (Lindleaf) was new to the school as well! He proved to be a great professor, though. Clear lectures, answers questions, gives out study guides, exams are pretty easy if you read/study. Great class!

06/06/2012
good
Soc1016 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Ive taken two classes with this professor, marige and families as well as intro to sociology, with this professor great class and experience each time I'd recommend him to anyone.