Amalia Cabezas at University of California Riverside

Number of ratings 46 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

3/27/14

ETST 131

Grade ReceivedP

Rating the teacher: she didn't really do much in class, all we did was read and discuss. She never lectured. so she could have clarified reading a bit instead. Rating the class: it was easy that class wasn't even mandatory to get an A.

12/22/13

ETST 131

Great professor and great course. She knew the material well. One paper, a midterm, one presentation and a final. Fair grading and easy flowing class. Definitely recommend her!

12/14/13

etst 131

she was a wonderful teacher. as a etst major. highly recommend! even if you are not an ethnic studies or womens studies major!

7/17/13

etst 001

I took etst001 during the summer for a three week class. At first I felt like there was a lot of hw, but considering its a three week class; I guess it was not a lot. The professor was a little unorganized, but she is really cute and make people realize a lot of things about life. Overall, I really recommend this professor

7/2/13

ETST

I did not like this class at all! It must have been her first time teaching this class. Also, she does not know how to write a midterm exam. That is why she had to make extra credit so majority of her class would not fail. The final on the other hand was really easy, she understood that she messed up.

6/15/13

ETST 001

Worst professor I've ever taken! Slides were useless and she didn't know her own reader. Always ended early and always had youtube vids. I want my money back! could have taught myself better. Obsessed with us turning cell phones off. Really? How did she get a PHD? Hated the class and only got a good grade because of extra credit and my TA.

6/8/13

ETST 001

She is a horrible instructor. Never knew what she was talking about. Cut class short a lot, but rushed through her slides that she should have slowed down and used the whole class time instead.Also her lectures are no help she seems lazy about her slides which is also something that will effect you. IDK why she was assigned to teach ethnic studies.

5/24/13

wmst 1

AMAZING!!!

1/3/13

Etst131

I think she was a great professor! She really opened my eyes about the reality that race, class, and gender take in our society today. We read a lot of books but they were definitely good readings. I got a B+ in the class.

4/7/11

CHFY01

I hated this class so much, I was not interested in the topic of the class. The class was sort of interesting at the beginning. As time went out I hate going to lecture and could not wait to leave. She changed the syllabus so much. She had passion for the subject but there was a clear lack of knowledge in it. She contradicted too much

3/24/11

CHASS23

She is a horrible teacher. She reworked the syllabus after week 6. What kind of teacher with any sort of competency would do that. Her lectures were pointless, she hardly knew what she was ever talking about.... She doesnt even know how to use email. The type of people that UCR allows to teach really terrifies me. It's disgusting.

3/21/11

CHFYWMS

She is a professor that is really passionate about what she teaches. The Learning Community class started out strong and very interesting but then as time passed it lost its intensity. If you do all of the readings and go to class you are guaranteed at least a B because she goes over everything but participation in class is mandatory.

3/19/11

CFYL003

horrible professor. never taught on topic. wasn't ever clear about what to study or do. very vague in her descriptions and taught and showed things that hardly dealt with the topic of the class.

12/2/10

WMST138

Syllabus had the last 4 wks blank. If you text, minus 10 points and if you talk, she'll call you out. She threatens attendance with POP QUIZES!!When I missed a class, I emailed her 3 times with no response and finally went to her office hours with a DRs note but she wouldn't let me retake it and said "Oh well, theres nothing I can do about it"?!?

8/23/10

WMST101

She is a horrible teacher! Not only is this class all about white bashing, she also seems to have no idea where she is going with the topics. She had us write a 10 pg paper without a prompt or much direction. Also, she doesn't always remember what she says, like when she says the test will be m/c and it's actually short answer. Hated this class!

2/22/10

WMST40

She is such a good teacher! She is very interested in what she teaches, and she makes you interested in it as well. Go to every class, because she doesn't put notes or anything online. It's worth it though!

7/6/08

WMST145

On the midterm EVERYONE got a D+. I did all of her required work & extra credit. I got an A on the final, but a D for the course. I tried to contact her for 2 weeks. she finally calls, we had a heated discussion about my grade and my paperwork didn't match. she gave me a C. She made me feel like i was making her give me a grade that i didn't earn.

11/16/06

wmstwmst

freakin easy! no midterms and no final! if you want an A, take this course! just do the reading and go to lecture and you will get a good grade!

11/7/06

WMST001

Wonderful professor. genuine concern for students.

9/5/05

WMST

I love her, she very understanding, gives interesting lectures and fun assignments and readings.

More Women's Studies professors at University of California Riverside