Michael Grady at Appalachian State University

Michael Grady

Number of ratings 9 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

7/7/14

Mike is one of the best Art professors I've ever had. He's very intelligent and his passion for painting and its history is very evident daily. He's helpful and encouraging, but at the same time gives critiques. He sparked an interest in painting for me that will continue throughout my life. You MUST take him if you have the chance.

6/22/13

ART2130

Grady seems like a nice guy, and he's very passionate about his art. My gripe with this course was how we covered way too much material for a summer session. Had to memorize 95 works of art for the final - that's ridiculous for a Gen Ed class. I'd steer clear of this class, regardless of teacher.

4/28/13

ART2130

Truly an awesome Professor! He knows just about everything about art and teaches it great! You'll learn a lot if you pay attention! Easy to make an A if you follow the directions, he tells you exactly what he wants in papers and how to pass the tests! One of my favorite professors at App!

12/12/12

ART2130

HE has a terrible grading scale,A is a 5 point window and a B is a 6 point window. Do not take this class unless you can "impress" him.

11/5/12

ART2130

Best art history professor at App State. Class consists of two exams, 3 response pieces, and a term paper. Grady has traveled the world and his intellect reflects that. Very passionate about teaching; impress him and you will receive an A.

7/17/12

ART2100

I've been painting for years somewhat confidently and it wasn't until this course that I felt I'd been properly taught how to paint. Mike is a phenomenal professor. He will help you and you WILL learn. The first day of class he told us "the only way to get an A in this course is to surprise me." I can't recommend his courses enough. He's a must!

7/17/12

ART2130

Mike is the most influential professor I've encountered yet. A truly great guy. Not only is he very intelligent, but he's really cool. It seems nearly impossible to not soak up his lectures like a sponge; he makes them so valuable and exciting. He is very understanding and cares about you. I HIGHLY recommend taking any courses you can with Mike.

3/27/12

ART2011

Professor Grady is one of the most intelligent professors I've had. He is incredibly helpful and passionate about the subject. Even if you're not interested in art he's worth taking. Make sure to show up to class and you'll do fine, and learn a TON.

3/22/12

Art101

Great teacher, VERY intelligent and will help with any problem you may have. Definitely taking his class again!

More Art professors at Appalachian State University