in Appalachian State University that teach Art Edit

07/07/2014
good
2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Mike is one of the best Art professors I've ever had. He's very intelligent and his passion for painting and its history is very evident daily. He's helpful and encouraging, but at the same time gives critiques. He sparked an interest in painting for me that will continue throughout my life. You MUST take him if you have the chance.

06/22/2013
good
ART2130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Grady seems like a nice guy, and he's very passionate about his art. My gripe with this course was how we covered way too much material for a summer session. Had to memorize 95 works of art for the final - that's ridiculous for a Gen Ed class. I'd steer clear of this class, regardless of teacher.

04/28/2013
good
ART2130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Truly an awesome Professor! He knows just about everything about art and teaches it great! You'll learn a lot if you pay attention! Easy to make an A if you follow the directions, he tells you exactly what he wants in papers and how to pass the tests! One of my favorite professors at App!

12/12/2012

HE has a terrible grading scale,A is a 5 point window and a B is a 6 point window. Do not take this class unless you can "impress" him.

11/05/2012
good
ART2130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Best art history professor at App State. Class consists of two exams, 3 response pieces, and a term paper. Grady has traveled the world and his intellect reflects that. Very passionate about teaching; impress him and you will receive an A.

07/17/2012
good
ART2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I've been painting for years somewhat confidently and it wasn't until this course that I felt I'd been properly taught how to paint. Mike is a phenomenal professor. He will help you and you WILL learn. The first day of class he told us "the only way to get an A in this course is to surprise me." I can't recommend his courses enough. He's a must!

07/17/2012
good

Mike is the most influential professor I've encountered yet. A truly great guy. Not only is he very intelligent, but he's really cool. It seems nearly impossible to not soak up his lectures like a sponge; he makes them so valuable and exciting. He is very understanding and cares about you. I HIGHLY recommend taking any courses you can with Mike.

03/27/2012
good
ART2011 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Grady is one of the most intelligent professors I've had. He is incredibly helpful and passionate about the subject. Even if you're not interested in art he's worth taking. Make sure to show up to class and you'll do fine, and learn a TON.

03/22/2012
good
Art101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher, VERY intelligent and will help with any problem you may have. Definitely taking his class again!