Michael Rivest at Forsyth Technical Community College

Michael Rivest

Number of ratings 36 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

4/5/11

eng110

This guy gave out the most homework I have ever received in community college. He would also definitely pick favorites, as people would be dropped for missing 2-3 days of class, but he gave a chick one of the highest grades in the class who skipped for 2 weeks and made up a sob story. Very unnecessarily difficult, not interesting, not recommended.

9/22/10

Engli111

Dr. Rivest as he likes to be called, is one of a kind of his own. He knows how to teach the material very well. In contrast, his personality isn't the best. He does have favorites, he does talk down to students, and he only helps once. Yes, once. I passed his class because I worked hard. We went from 32 students to 14 students in a flash.

7/24/10

eng111

Dr.Rivest is unfair and have favorite...He is a good teacher but and unfair teacher as well. He is a smart ass who thinks he knows everything but, do not. Personal I do not like him at all.

7/19/10

eng111

Great teacher and knows his stuff. He has a tendency to interact more with students that interact back which could look like he chooses favorites, but I think he just really appreciates feedback and class participation. If you want to learn more about how to write well...I highly recomend this teacher

ENG111

It's been a couple of years since I took his class, but from what I can remember Dr. Rivest was a very capable teacher. I had no problems in his class. It was my first semester back in school after 10 years and he made me feel very comfortable and gave me a great foundation for future paper writing. I've made all A's on research papers since then!

Eng114

This class has helped me develop better communication skills. I have been challenged by this class and I have really enjoyed the challenge. If you stick to the syllabus and listen to what Dr. Rivest says you will be successful in this class.

Eng14

Dr. Rivest is a great teacher but you must be willing to do the work. He shares life experiences that help you to understand what he wants in class. he is very concerned that his stdents learn the material so they can go on to be sucessful in their field of study. Unique sense of humor, that keeps everything interesting. Never a dull moment in his

7/13/10

ENG114

I learned a lot in this class and enjoyed having Dr. Rivest as a professor. He teaches the material in a very interesting way and is always available to help student. If you come to class, PAY ATTENTION and complete your assignments you will not only earn a high grade but will take with you knowledge that will help you in your future.

7/11/10

ENG111

This professor truly cares about the success of his students. He made learning how to write a good thesis statement and a good paper very clear and taught it well.

ENG111

This is a wonderful professor. He is willing to help any student and is fast to reply to any e-mails. I have learned a lot in his class so far. I enjoy being in his class.

ENG111

This is a wonderful professor. He is willing to help any student and is fast to reply to any e-mails. I have learned a lot in his class so far. The information I learn in class will help me later on in my other classes as well. I enjoy being in his class.

ENG114

Very informative class. I will use the things I learned in Eng 114 from Dr. Rivest to write the future papers I will need for other courses. He teaches you to take control of your own grade. If you work hard in this class and show interest you will do well.

Eng111

Dr. Rivest truly knows this subject down to a tea. At first, I thought he was going to be horrible and very hard because of a bad grade on my first paper. But, with some time and patience, it became one of my most informative classes. He cares and expects nothing short of the best you can do. Information you can take with you for life!

ENG112

I had Dr Rivest for 112,114 Eng. He leaded me through Eng by using clear explanations,Power Points,vivid examples, for each type of essay he created papers with Thesis, topics that helped me to write essays. My questions were adressed.Knowledge that I obtained in his classes helps me in writing papers for other classes.He is The Best Eng Teacher!!!

Eng114

I have enjoyed returning to college and I must say that having Dr. Rivest as my only instructor for my summer semester made things pleasant for ME! He's a personal instructor and wants his students to participate in class and do well.Dr. Rivest has a unique style and I appreciate him for allowing the class to participate. He's A Great Teacher!

ENG114

Dr. Rivest was refreshing in his teaching technique.Be prepared to take ownership, and "earn" your grade. Do not expect to be "spoon fed," and treated with the leniency of a high school student.You are an in fact, an adult in college. Respect the wealth of knowledge being handed to you. Classes were fun and upbeat with an abundance of humor.

7/8/10

ENG114

Utilizes active learning model. One of those "no pain/no gain" type experiences. Prof is friendly and funny - but at same time, expects you to put in your time as a student.

7/8/10

ENG114

I had a wonderful experience in this class. You get out of it what you put in, and yes, you are expected to work and complete assignments. He is in no way rude, but he is not a babysitter either. We are in college, and he shouldn't have to answer questions repeatedly. If you invest the time, it will be worth every moment!!

7/1/10

ENGL114

only take his class if you have LOTS of time to devote to his homework which is outragious. we learn nothing & from day 1 he makes the class stand up front and tell what we have read! he picks his favorites and chooses a Vice President and says not to ask him anything to go to VP! hes rude, arrogant and always talks about his money! NOT COOL!

3/22/10

ENG111

Dr. Rivest has favorites, but his favorites are those who attempt to do well, and those who participate in class. Anyone with an A average at the end of the semester is exempt from the final. Not my favorite instructor, but definitely not the worst!

More English professors at Forsyth Technical Community College