in Forsyth Technical Community College that teach English Edit
Michael Rivest
at Forsyth Technical Community College, Winston-Salem, NC
are you Michael Rivest?

04/05/2011
eng110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This guy gave out the most homework I have ever received in community college. He would also definitely pick favorites, as people would be dropped for missing 2-3 days of class, but he gave a chick one of the highest grades in the class who skipped for 2 weeks and made up a sob story. Very unnecessarily difficult, not interesting, not recommended.

09/22/2010
Engli111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Rivest as he likes to be called, is one of a kind of his own. He knows how to teach the material very well. In contrast, his personality isn't the best. He does have favorites, he does talk down to students, and he only helps once. Yes, once. I passed his class because I worked hard. We went from 32 students to 14 students in a flash.

07/24/2010
good
eng111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr.Rivest is unfair and have favorite...He is a good teacher but and unfair teacher as well. He is a smart ass who thinks he knows everything but, do not. Personal I do not like him at all.

07/19/2010
good
eng111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher and knows his stuff. He has a tendency to interact more with students that interact back which could look like he chooses favorites, but I think he just really appreciates feedback and class participation. If you want to learn more about how to write well...I highly recomend this teacher

good
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

It's been a couple of years since I took his class, but from what I can remember Dr. Rivest was a very capable teacher. I had no problems in his class. It was my first semester back in school after 10 years and he made me feel very comfortable and gave me a great foundation for future paper writing. I've made all A's on research papers since then!

good
Eng114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This class has helped me develop better communication skills. I have been challenged by this class and I have really enjoyed the challenge. If you stick to the syllabus and listen to what Dr. Rivest says you will be successful in this class.

good
Eng14 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Rivest is a great teacher but you must be willing to do the work. He shares life experiences that help you to understand what he wants in class. he is very concerned that his stdents learn the material so they can go on to be sucessful in their field of study. Unique sense of humor, that keeps everything interesting. Never a dull moment in his

07/13/2010
good
ENG114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I learned a lot in this class and enjoyed having Dr. Rivest as a professor. He teaches the material in a very interesting way and is always available to help student. If you come to class, PAY ATTENTION and complete your assignments you will not only earn a high grade but will take with you knowledge that will help you in your future.

07/11/2010
good
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This professor truly cares about the success of his students. He made learning how to write a good thesis statement and a good paper very clear and taught it well.

07/10/2010
good
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This is a wonderful professor. He is willing to help any student and is fast to reply to any e-mails. I have learned a lot in his class so far. I enjoy being in his class.