in Forsyth Technical Community College that teach English Edit
Michael Rivest
at Forsyth Technical Community College, Winston-Salem, NC
are you Michael Rivest?

04/05/2011
eng110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This guy gave out the most homework I have ever received in community college. He would also definitely pick favorites, as people would be dropped for missing 2-3 days of class, but he gave a chick one of the highest grades in the class who skipped for 2 weeks and made up a sob story. Very unnecessarily difficult, not interesting, not recommended.

09/22/2010
Engli111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Rivest as he likes to be called, is one of a kind of his own. He knows how to teach the material very well. In contrast, his personality isn't the best. He does have favorites, he does talk down to students, and he only helps once. Yes, once. I passed his class because I worked hard. We went from 32 students to 14 students in a flash.

07/24/2010
good
eng111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr.Rivest is unfair and have favorite...He is a good teacher but and unfair teacher as well. He is a smart ass who thinks he knows everything but, do not. Personal I do not like him at all.

07/19/2010
good
eng111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher and knows his stuff. He has a tendency to interact more with students that interact back which could look like he chooses favorites, but I think he just really appreciates feedback and class participation. If you want to learn more about how to write well...I highly recomend this teacher

good
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

It's been a couple of years since I took his class, but from what I can remember Dr. Rivest was a very capable teacher. I had no problems in his class. It was my first semester back in school after 10 years and he made me feel very comfortable and gave me a great foundation for future paper writing. I've made all A's on research papers since then!

good
Eng114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This class has helped me develop better communication skills. I have been challenged by this class and I have really enjoyed the challenge. If you stick to the syllabus and listen to what Dr. Rivest says you will be successful in this class.

good
Eng14 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Rivest is a great teacher but you must be willing to do the work. He shares life experiences that help you to understand what he wants in class. he is very concerned that his stdents learn the material so they can go on to be sucessful in their field of study. Unique sense of humor, that keeps everything interesting. Never a dull moment in his

07/13/2010
good
ENG114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I learned a lot in this class and enjoyed having Dr. Rivest as a professor. He teaches the material in a very interesting way and is always available to help student. If you come to class, PAY ATTENTION and complete your assignments you will not only earn a high grade but will take with you knowledge that will help you in your future.

07/11/2010
good
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This professor truly cares about the success of his students. He made learning how to write a good thesis statement and a good paper very clear and taught it well.

good
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This is a wonderful professor. He is willing to help any student and is fast to reply to any e-mails. I have learned a lot in his class so far. I enjoy being in his class.

good

This is a wonderful professor. He is willing to help any student and is fast to reply to any e-mails. I have learned a lot in his class so far. The information I learn in class will help me later on in my other classes as well. I enjoy being in his class.

good
ENG114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very informative class. I will use the things I learned in Eng 114 from Dr. Rivest to write the future papers I will need for other courses. He teaches you to take control of your own grade. If you work hard in this class and show interest you will do well.

good
Eng111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Rivest truly knows this subject down to a tea. At first, I thought he was going to be horrible and very hard because of a bad grade on my first paper. But, with some time and patience, it became one of my most informative classes. He cares and expects nothing short of the best you can do. Information you can take with you for life!

good
ENG112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had Dr Rivest for 112,114 Eng. He leaded me through Eng by using clear explanations,Power Points,vivid examples, for each type of essay he created papers with Thesis, topics that helped me to write essays. My questions were adressed.Knowledge that I obtained in his classes helps me in writing papers for other classes.He is The Best Eng Teacher!!!

good
Eng114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have enjoyed returning to college and I must say that having Dr. Rivest as my only instructor for my summer semester made things pleasant for ME! He's a personal instructor and wants his students to participate in class and do well.Dr. Rivest has a unique style and I appreciate him for allowing the class to participate. He's A Great Teacher!

good
ENG114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Rivest was refreshing in his teaching technique.Be prepared to take ownership, and "earn" your grade. Do not expect to be "spoon fed," and treated with the leniency of a high school student.You are an in fact, an adult in college. Respect the wealth of knowledge being handed to you. Classes were fun and upbeat with an abundance of humor.

07/08/2010
good
ENG114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Utilizes active learning model. One of those "no pain/no gain" type experiences. Prof is friendly and funny - but at same time, expects you to put in your time as a student.

07/08/2010
good
ENG114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I had a wonderful experience in this class. You get out of it what you put in, and yes, you are expected to work and complete assignments. He is in no way rude, but he is not a babysitter either. We are in college, and he shouldn't have to answer questions repeatedly. If you invest the time, it will be worth every moment!!

07/01/2010
ENGL114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

only take his class if you have LOTS of time to devote to his homework which is outragious. we learn nothing & from day 1 he makes the class stand up front and tell what we have read! he picks his favorites and chooses a Vice President and says not to ask him anything to go to VP! hes rude, arrogant and always talks about his money! NOT COOL!

03/22/2010
good
ENG111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Rivest has favorites, but his favorites are those who attempt to do well, and those who participate in class. Anyone with an A average at the end of the semester is exempt from the final. Not my favorite instructor, but definitely not the worst!