Christina Davis at Chabot College

Christina Davis

Number of ratings 9 / Average Grade:  B Submit a correction

7/8/14

Comm-1

Lots of speeches, but at the end of class I felt like I could give a speech in another class and do well. Mrs Davis does lecture but mostly at the beginning of the semester. You have to read the book yourself. Exams were mostly from lecture material that was also in the book. She was always available to answer questions and look at my work.

6/18/14

COMM1

The class consists of 10 speeches and 3 exams. No lecturing, you are on you own to read the book. Every time, I got my speech or exam grade, I was shocked by how bad I did. I normally get A’s and in this class my final grade was a C. I do not recommend this class unless you are excellent at speech and memorizing the book.

5/4/14

Comm1

Ms. Davis communication class will prepare student for corporate communication and other course work assignments. Students must be engaged and do the work. I enjoyed this class, I learned a lot about myself and I have more confidence in my ability to communicate-lesson learned.

3/8/14

Comm1

She clearly doesn't know how to teach, i mean its her laziness that keeps her from discussing the book in class because shes usually late, me and most of my friends do well on her speeches and if you get one bad score then i dunno how she grades but everyone gets a C. She is an amusing person but she tries to teach the class like a business.

2/12/14

COMM 1

Grade ReceivedP

Great Comm. teacher. Strict NO MAKEUP work policy. Grading is questionable. My grade was significantly lowered from missing one speech.(My car broke down) I also received a low grade on a speech because I was told I was missing parts. I was NOT. My classmates assured me I covered all the requirements. Didn't want to argue b/c she is intimidating

4/18/13

Comm1

teaches clearly and tell you all the information needed. although her use of textbook is not effective because she expects you to just memorize the chapters for your test instead of discussing it with class.helpful teacher but her teaching is more strict which doesn't help if you are not comfortable in public speaking like she just doesn't care.

8/3/12

Comm1

took it during the summer. paste was very fast but well worth it!! ms. Davis is very nice and is the best when it comes to helping you out and never leaves you stuck in the dark about anything. trust me, you wont regret taking this class.

2/27/12

COMM1

Very Helpful and very clear on expectations

1/23/12

Comm1

Md. Davis is an amazing teacher. She is super nice. Very clear during lectures and explaining assignments. Always willing to answer any questions. Speeches due pretty much every other week but if you attend class regularly, you will be prepared for each of them so its not hard to do them. I learned a lot about public speaking.

More Communication professors at Chabot College