in Chabot College that teach Communication Edit
are you Christina Davis?
B

07/08/2014
good
Comm-1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A

Lots of speeches, but at the end of class I felt like I could give a speech in another class and do well. Mrs Davis does lecture but mostly at the beginning of the semester. You have to read the book yourself. Exams were mostly from lecture material that was also in the book. She was always available to answer questions and look at my work.

06/18/2014
COMM1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

The class consists of 10 speeches and 3 exams. No lecturing, you are on you own to read the book. Every time, I got my speech or exam grade, I was shocked by how bad I did. I normally get A’s and in this class my final grade was a C. I do not recommend this class unless you are excellent at speech and memorizing the book.

05/04/2014
good
Comm1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A

Ms. Davis communication class will prepare student for corporate communication and other course work assignments. Students must be engaged and do the work. I enjoyed this class, I learned a lot about myself and I have more confidence in my ability to communicate-lesson learned.

03/08/2014
Comm1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She clearly doesn't know how to teach, i mean its her laziness that keeps her from discussing the book in class because shes usually late, me and most of my friends do well on her speeches and if you get one bad score then i dunno how she grades but everyone gets a C. She is an amusing person but she tries to teach the class like a business.

02/12/2014
good
COMM 1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: P

Great Comm. teacher. Strict NO MAKEUP work policy. Grading is questionable. My grade was significantly lowered from missing one speech.(My car broke down) I also received a low grade on a speech because I was told I was missing parts. I was NOT. My classmates assured me I covered all the requirements. Didn't want to argue b/c she is intimidating

04/18/2013
Comm1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

teaches clearly and tell you all the information needed. although her use of textbook is not effective because she expects you to just memorize the chapters for your test instead of discussing it with class.helpful teacher but her teaching is more strict which doesn't help if you are not comfortable in public speaking like she just doesn't care.

08/03/2012
good
Comm1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

took it during the summer. paste was very fast but well worth it!! ms. Davis is very nice and is the best when it comes to helping you out and never leaves you stuck in the dark about anything. trust me, you wont regret taking this class.

02/27/2012
good
COMM1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very Helpful and very clear on expectations

01/23/2012
good
Comm1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Md. Davis is an amazing teacher. She is super nice. Very clear during lectures and explaining assignments. Always willing to answer any questions. Speeches due pretty much every other week but if you attend class regularly, you will be prepared for each of them so its not hard to do them. I learned a lot about public speaking.