Claude Mark Hurlbert at Indiana University of Pennsylvania

Claude Mark Hurlbert

Number of ratings 58 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

4/16/14

engl 101

Awesome teacher. Truly cared about his students and pushed you to find yourself in his class. Different from any college course out there. Easy going, helpful, thoughtful and caring is what Claude is. Real cool dude hope I grab a beer with him one day.

4/10/14

ENG 101

This man is a great english professor as well as writer. He is always willing to go above and beyond to help you out and explain it to you. He is a wealth of knowledge and as long as you try your hardest you will receive a fair grade. He is all about giving a fair grade. I strongly recommend taking him as a professor.

4/10/14

ENGL101

Best teacher I ever had.

2/22/14

Open

Hurlbert probably accesses this site more than his email! All ratings look like this! Don't they! Feel good about yourself Claude!

2/17/14

ENGL 101

He is honestly the best professor I have ever and probably will ever have. He genuinely cares about his students. Attendance is important, but you won't even want to skip it.

2/7/14

ENGL 101

Best teacher ever, very approachable and understanding!

1/27/14

ENGL 101

Simply amazing teacher and amazing man!

1/27/14

Best professor ever!

12/8/13

ENGL 101

He is literally the best teacher ever! All you do during the semester is write a 15 page book. Attendance is a must though, because whether you take the final or not depends on how many days you skipped. I believe the limit is 2. I would definitely try to take him if possible. He is retiring after next fall though so take him before he leaves

9/18/13

Eng101

He is the best Professor. He really cares about students, he's smart, and he's not boring. He's awesome. Take his class if you can, you'll learn a lot and you'll enjoy it.

6/17/13

ENG101

Writing a 15 page book may sound bad at first but trust me most people exceed the amount written ! Take this class if you can be is my favorite teacher at iup. He actually cares& bonds with all of his students. He helps whenever needed. Our whole class bonded through our stories & tragedies we all formed a friendship outside the class

5/16/13

ENGL 101

One of the best teachers I've ever had. He absolutely loves what he does and cares about everyone. One of the coolest dudes out there. If you are able to take him.... DO IT. There is not a better teacher at IUP than him

4/24/13

eng101

Hands down best professor. I learned more than I could have ever asked. Most caring, personal, intelligent professor ever. He connected our class through personal tragedies and triumphs and I feel so comfortable with everyone and consider every single one of them friends. He really cares about his students and is ALWAYS willing to help!

4/23/13

ENG101

He is by far the BEST teacher I ever had at IUP, he teaches you so much and has fun while doing it & the whole class bonds too! Everyone thinks the 15 pg book you have to write will be hard but its not at all he makes it very easy for you, write about anything you want and gives you the whole semester to do it. DEFINITELY take if you can!!!

4/21/13

ENG 101

Hands down my favorite professor and teacher I've ever had. CLEARLY cares about his students and is one of the funniest people I've ever met. The 15 page paper is not that bad at all and is better than reading or doing other work. I will never forget him

4/19/13

ENGL 101

Such a great teacher. He truly cares about his students and wants them to do well and is very willing to help you with anything! Attendance is mandatory but you will want to go it’s always a fun time. You write one 15 page paper and he helps you tremendously. Best professor.

1/4/13

ENG101

I highly suggest him. I've never met such a good teacher. I dreaded english class ever since I was little, but this was my favorite class. I highly highly suggest take him.

10/3/12

ENG101

This is an extraordinary teacher. Dr. Hurlbert has the gift of teaching so that everyone is inspired and feels comfortable without being intimidated by how intelligent he truly is. You will learn so much from him! He's the BEST!!!

8/28/11

Eng101

Incredible teacher. Cares about students and the whole class becomes friends- such a great environment for learning. I'm not the most social person and I loved this class and got a lot out of it. He's one of the most neurotic people I've ever encountered, but that's a good thing! You have to put in effort, but you are always encouraged. Take him!

7/8/11

Spenc0001

Best darn teacher ever. Prepared me for life. Had in high school. Taught on college level then thus making college easy. Had for 2 years in high school. Required term paper comparing & contrasting 2 written works & either art or music. Can't think he has changed ever! Would take any class he ever had. Wonderful professor. His book is outstanding!!!

More English professors at Indiana University of Pennsylvania