in East Carolina University that teach Languages Edit
Frederic Fladenmuller
Professor in the Languages department
at East Carolina University, Greenville, NC
are you Frederic Fladenmuller?

08/18/2011
spa1002 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

DO NOT TAKE FOR SPANISH! I hear he is a great french teacher, but if spanish is not your strong point you are really going to struggle, like I did. He mumbles a lot and doesn't ever answer your questions, when I went to go see him about my grade in his office, he told me there was nothing he could do to help me and offered no assistance.

03/17/2011
good
FREN1003 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He was really nice and interesting, and we always watched really cool French films. Unfortunately, his French is really fast and his accent is really thick, so a lot of the time I had a hard time understanding him. But he's really nice and I think he is lenient with grades.

09/30/2010
FRN1003 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This class is supposed to be in french, but he often speaks english. Although he has a thick french accent when he does speak english. I took french for six years and this class was SO easy.

08/02/2010
good
FREN3225 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Fladenmuller is an awesome French professor. He goes off on tangents quite a bit, but the stories he tells are very interesting. The movies he showed in class were VERY wierd...but somewhat necessary. Overall, if you want to learn French from an authentic Frenchman...definitely stick with "Fladdy."

07/31/2010
SPAN1003 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A great teacher if Spanish is your strong point. He mumbles and goes on tangents, and he doesn't always explain grammatical uses well. But he really wants you to understand the material. Attendance isn't mandatory, but it IS NOTED. I tested into SPAN3 after 7 years off Spanish and his class was perfect. If you ENJOY Spanish, take this class.

10/24/2008
FREN2441 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He gives a ton of work to do before tests. Most of the class is in French, as is to be expected, but he speaks very fast and makes people too intimidated to ask him to repeat himself.

10/12/2008
good
FREN1001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professeur Fladenmuller is great. A lot of people do not understand him and misunderstand his teaching methods. He keeps it short and to the point, simply to eliminate confusion. If you study, you will learn. I had some previous French before this class, but I thought he was the best French professor I've ever had.

08/03/2008
span1003 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Very intriguing person. His teaching style is quick and to-the-point but a little erratic at times. He definitely rewards people for trying hard and offers extra credit anywhere he can.

08/03/2008
SPAN1003 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I'm not one to blame a teacher if I'm not getting the material. But I think teaching Spanish is not his strong point. Vocab quizzes, a couple compositions, chapter tests. There's homework, but it's usually done as a class exercise. The class felt lost most of the time. Has his entertaining moments, though. I got a B, but try taking someone else.

05/10/2008
good
FRENALL Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had Prof. Fladenmuller a few years ago and rec'd a BS in French. I've just contacted him for advice on graduate school, and he's been extremely helpful. I'd definitely take him again!