in SUNY Potsdam that teach Music Edit
are you Rebecca Reames?
A+

04/15/2014
good
Phoenix Club Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Reames missed a lot of classes and was probably unprepared because she is BATTLING CANCER. This semester she found out it has spread to her lungs. She's not a poor excuse for a teacher. She is wonderful and I pray for her recovery.

02/04/2014
Phoenix Club Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: WD

What a poor excuse for an educator. Always unprepared, when she showed up to class at all. Was completely disgusted when I was told by her that I could be someone's pet project because of my lack of ability to read music. What a joke.

01/11/2010
good
MUAP358 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I don't understand what everyone's problem with Dr. Reames is. She is a wonderful human being and music teacher, and so supportive of her students both in and out of class. I really value the ideas she imparts about music education. I also love that her classes depend on student leadership. So positive too. With her, it's what you make of it.

08/31/2008
good
MUAP355 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

It's on you to know the notes and rhythyms, she will not teach them in class. If you practice it a little outside of class it's usually not a problem, but there are definitely times when it wouldn't hurt to get us all on the same page with the notes. Outside of class she is extremely helpful and responds to e-mails promptly with good advice

02/02/2008
good
MusicSECT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Wonderful! We love Dr. Reames.

01/03/2007
Concchor Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Incredibly uninspired and insulting to be around! "Future teachers of America" has never sounded more demeaning than when those words have come from her mouth. Unprepared, unenthusiastic, all that pseudo-multi-cultural jibber-jabber. It's no wonder everyone wants out of her choir(s). Nice person though.

12/18/2006
good
ConduSECT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I really learned a lot in this class...she realy cares about her students and makes the class fun and interesting. I like that she is always positive.

12/18/2006
good
PhoenSECT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I just love this class. dr. Reames is awesome and I can't wait for next semester.

12/17/2006
good
MuiscAll Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent teacher

11/05/2006
PhoenClub Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Terrible Teacher. Comes unprepared to class and when something doesnt go correctly she has trouble correcting it. Completely ridiculous. Doesn't take the group seriously, and purposely picks ridiculous rep. I was honestly ashamed to say I am a part of that group because I have honestly never experienced a teacher taking such little pride in a group

04/16/2006
Phoenix Club Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She comes unprepared to rehearsals. She doesn't know the music, and she doesn't hold high expectations for the choir. She's always very negative. I've never heard her compliment the choir. She doesn't make people excited about singing. She has no variety in the songs she picks for us to sing- it's all in Latin. She messes up rhythms and notes

12/24/2005
Phoenix Club Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She disregards important things like pitch and rhythm, and dynamics are virtually non-existent. A whole section would be singing the wrong note or rhythm and she'd ignore it. She's not very expressive when conducting, either.

10/08/2005
good
Music Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Ah Becky Reames. Well I'm not too fond of her as a person but I definitely respect her as a teacher. Was quite helpful in conducting class and gave me the opportunity to warm-up and sometimes rehearse Concert Choir which was awesome.

09/07/2005
good
All Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

09/04/2005
good

weird, I only officially had her for one class freshman year, but I was in constant contact with her afterwards. I think shes a super person.

09/01/2005
good
LOTS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I not only took classes with Dr. Reames during my undergraduate, but have attended master classes and demonstrations with her since. She has never hesitated to help me out with a professional question SINCE my graduation. I highly suggest getting to know Dr. Reames. She is a truly special person!

06/26/2005
Concert Choir Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

RECKY BEAMES is HOT!

04/05/2005
Phoenix Club Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I think Dr. Reames is the most uncaring of all Crane professors. Her absolute lack of respect fo rher students and their responsibilities outside of class blow my mind. I am not taking this class again next year.

12/24/2004
Concert Choir Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is a good profesor but does not take people skills in mind sometimes. Good conductor with a bad sence for what her choir's can really do.

05/16/2004
MCE 1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

unless you are a vocalist planning on teaching elementary ed, you will probably not enjoy her class. . .i didn't. she does give you a lot of songs that you can teach little kids, but the workload is high, and the condescending attitude is not helpful