Daniel Lawless at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)

Daniel Lawless

Number of ratings 114 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

3/6/14

ENC 1102

This class is an easy A but the assignment directions are confusing. For the papers and discussion forums he tells you exactly how to write everything, down to what sentence goes where, which i am not a fan of; my brain doesn't work that way. I usually spend an hour a week doing his assignments.

2/28/14

ENC 1101

Comp 1 was a breeze. My mails are replied to almost instantly, and my papers were graded almost instantly as well. He is a very tough grader, but it taught me a lot about proof reading. I'm currently taking comp 2, and it is the same quality.

12/10/13

ENC 1102

Professor Lawless was superb! Since I am enrolled in an AS program, Comp II was not required. However, I enjoyed the Comp I class so much that I took Comp II. If you do the assignments, the class is will not overburden you. I work full-time, own a small business and have a family – but I still managed to pass with an A+.

11/15/13

Open

Good professor was very organized responded to emails promptly but not very clear in response. I wound up liking the course.

10/29/13

enc 1101-1102

I love Professor Lawless. He is brilliant and helpful - one of the few professors who actually reads and comments on papers. He made me a better writer.

7/29/13

ENC 1102

Excellent instructor! I have an 8-5 job, a family, run a small business, and I have a life – yet this class was very manageable. I enjoyed Comp I so much I took Comp II (even though the AS degree program does not require it.) I would highly recommend Professor Lawless.

7/24/13

ENC1102

Very Helpful! Prof. Lawless was extremely helpful and funny! He made the class almost fun! A lot of reading but if you do the work it is an easy A

7/24/13

ENC1101

Prof. Lawless made this class interesting and enjoyable. This was my first online class and I was a bit skeptical at first but he made it easy to understand. If you do the work you should not have a problem getting an A!

7/11/13

ENC1101

He is an awful teacher to take online, if you have a 9-5 job and miss a week of work your grade drops to an F that is impossible to even get back up to a D to even pass.

6/6/13

ENC1101

He is a great teacher,people who are complaining here are just plain dumb probably.If you have a drop of intellect you will enjoy the class.No book required,he replies instantly and grades quickly.He will be taking points off for mistakes,but what do you expect-you are supposed to learn not just get a grade. He is very smart.I took class online.

4/26/13

ENC1101

Professor Lawless is a great Comp Professor. He grades harshly so make sure you re-read over every essay. Weekly quizzes (hard so study) and drop box assignments with an essay due every 3 weeks. His class is easy if you pay attention and follow his instructions. He critics very well and points out what you are missing or need to change.

4/25/13

ENC 1101

This professor was great he was a harsh grader at times but I still managed to make an A in his class and writing is not my strong point just go to the tutors and get your work checked and you should be fine

3/18/13

ENC 1101

I had Prof. Lawless for Comp 1. He is very straight forward and his instructions are clear. You have 3 weeks to write each paper so no surprise assignments, 1 discussion, 1 quiz and 1 written activity each week. If you put effort into your work you will get a good grade. He is strict on his grading but not overly so. Over all its a pretty good.

12/10/12

Enc1102

Excellent teacher. Best professor I have had. Very easy tests and very clear on how what he wants. Would highly recommend

12/9/12

COMP1101

Good professor when you're still trying to learn the ins and outs of English, but I found MANY instances where his grammar and punctuation use was wrong. He marked questions wrong that I later discovered were actually correct. I still got an A, but don't expect to learn perfect grammar from him. Easy class if you already know how to write properly.

11/27/12

ENC1102

Top 5 Professor at SPC. Don't turn work in late, but fair with grades and helps with letting you know what is expected. My favorite Composition Professor. I took 1101 and 1102 with him!

7/16/12

ENC1101

Amazing professor, easy A. No textbook for his online class, and he gives all the resources too you. Papers are easy and to the point, and the final is easy also. Just make sure you pay attention to the resources and you will get an A.

6/6/12

ENC1102

Great online Composition I class. I learned a lot and did not have to buy a book. I am taking Comp II in the fall! I rate Dr. Lawless as a top 10 SPC professor. He taught me yet did not kill me with huge amounts of work or grief! Great English Professor!

6/2/12

ENC101

A top 10 professor at SPC. I hate writing but would have got a "A" if I did not turn a paper in late. It was worth double (200 pts) and I turned it in late. He is very clear, no points when late. I would have failed, but he gave me 100 points (don't know why)so I ended up with a B and don't have to repeat class. I am taking Comp II in the fall!

4/30/12

enc1102

Took this class online. He is very friendly and will answer emails fairly fast.(within 24 hours) Provides constructive feedback on all papers. All the information needed is online. No surprises.

More English professors at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)