Daniel Lawless at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)

Daniel Lawless

Number of ratings 119 / Average Grade:  B+ Submit a correction

8/5/14

enc1101

Work overload! This professor is for someone advanced in writing. He grades harshly and his tests are very difficult. I went to the tutoring lab for help because I was so confused with assignments. I hated asking him because he would nonchalantly make fun of you. The professor in the writing lab felt bad for me and the assignments were confusing

7/30/14

Enc 1101

Open

Great class overall, In the beginning I asked a lot of questions he was definitely there to help. No book necessary you just read articles and write essays. The class was easy and to the point. I would recommend professor lawless as my professor of choice.

6/20/14

ENC 1101

Great Teacher. Very involved. I was not a very good writer before this class. With this class I have become a better writer. Over time with the tips he gives you will become the best writer you can be.

5/17/14

ENC1101

My first semester in college was better than I thought it would be. So glad in took his class. Online isn't that hard. Just take time out of your week and you will pass.

4/24/14

ENC 1102

I heard about this professor from another student and wish I had taken him for Comp 1. He is great, helpful and made me feel good about my writing. There were lots of reading and analysis of poems and short stories but it is an easy A and he was always available for feedback. I would recommend him to anyone.

3/6/14

ENC 1102

This class is an easy A but the assignment directions are confusing. For the papers and discussion forums he tells you exactly how to write everything, down to what sentence goes where, which i am not a fan of; my brain doesn't work that way. I usually spend an hour a week doing his assignments.

2/28/14

ENC 1101

Comp 1 was a breeze. My mails are replied to almost instantly, and my papers were graded almost instantly as well. He is a very tough grader, but it taught me a lot about proof reading. I'm currently taking comp 2, and it is the same quality.

12/10/13

ENC 1102

Professor Lawless was superb! Since I am enrolled in an AS program, Comp II was not required. However, I enjoyed the Comp I class so much that I took Comp II. If you do the assignments, the class is will not overburden you. I work full-time, own a small business and have a family – but I still managed to pass with an A+.

11/15/13

Open

Good professor was very organized responded to emails promptly but not very clear in response. I wound up liking the course.

10/29/13

enc 1101-1102

I love Professor Lawless. He is brilliant and helpful - one of the few professors who actually reads and comments on papers. He made me a better writer.

7/29/13

ENC 1102

Excellent instructor! I have an 8-5 job, a family, run a small business, and I have a life – yet this class was very manageable. I enjoyed Comp I so much I took Comp II (even though the AS degree program does not require it.) I would highly recommend Professor Lawless.

7/24/13

ENC1102

Very Helpful! Prof. Lawless was extremely helpful and funny! He made the class almost fun! A lot of reading but if you do the work it is an easy A

7/24/13

ENC1101

Prof. Lawless made this class interesting and enjoyable. This was my first online class and I was a bit skeptical at first but he made it easy to understand. If you do the work you should not have a problem getting an A!

7/11/13

ENC1101

He is an awful teacher to take online, if you have a 9-5 job and miss a week of work your grade drops to an F that is impossible to even get back up to a D to even pass.

6/6/13

ENC1101

He is a great teacher,people who are complaining here are just plain dumb probably.If you have a drop of intellect you will enjoy the class.No book required,he replies instantly and grades quickly.He will be taking points off for mistakes,but what do you expect-you are supposed to learn not just get a grade. He is very smart.I took class online.

4/26/13

ENC1101

Professor Lawless is a great Comp Professor. He grades harshly so make sure you re-read over every essay. Weekly quizzes (hard so study) and drop box assignments with an essay due every 3 weeks. His class is easy if you pay attention and follow his instructions. He critics very well and points out what you are missing or need to change.

4/25/13

ENC 1101

This professor was great he was a harsh grader at times but I still managed to make an A in his class and writing is not my strong point just go to the tutors and get your work checked and you should be fine

3/18/13

ENC 1101

I had Prof. Lawless for Comp 1. He is very straight forward and his instructions are clear. You have 3 weeks to write each paper so no surprise assignments, 1 discussion, 1 quiz and 1 written activity each week. If you put effort into your work you will get a good grade. He is strict on his grading but not overly so. Over all its a pretty good.

12/10/12

Enc1102

Excellent teacher. Best professor I have had. Very easy tests and very clear on how what he wants. Would highly recommend

12/9/12

COMP1101

Good professor when you're still trying to learn the ins and outs of English, but I found MANY instances where his grammar and punctuation use was wrong. He marked questions wrong that I later discovered were actually correct. I still got an A, but don't expect to learn perfect grammar from him. Easy class if you already know how to write properly.

More English professors at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)