in St. Petersburg College (all campuses) that teach English Edit
Daniel Lawless
at St. Petersburg College (all campuses), St. Petersburg, FL
are you Daniel Lawless?
11/05/2014
ENC1102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: WD
"Tests are tough" "Papers? More like novels" "Tough Grader"

Worst teacher I have ever had. Very rude to students. Bashes your work in front of all the other students. DO NOT TAKE HIM!

10/31/2014
good
1101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A
"Gives good feedback" "Tough Grader" "Would take again"

Took Prof. Lawless online and would take again. Very easy to get ahead online. I was always about 2-3 weeks ahead on assignments. No in-class meetings. Very helpful guy, replies back to emails and posts grades quickly. 5 papers to write and weekly quizzesassignments. Pretty tough grader when it comes to grammar and punctuation. Easy A.

10/28/2014
good
ENC1101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Would take again" "Clear grading criteria" "Tests are tough"

He's a really good professor. Clear on what he wants and how assignments should be completed each week. Easy to get emails back from and doesn't grade too harshly. Overall I feel more comfortable turning in my assignments to him than any of my other professors. I feel like I can really express my opinions in my essays and I won't be judged.

10/10/2014
1102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A
"Assignments galore" "Tough Grader" "Get ready to read"

Grades very harshly. I am an A student and have a difficult time in his class. I work very hard for my grades and I am barely pulling an A in his class. He does respond to emails quickly but sometimes there is confusion in the emails. He does have a lot of material for each assignment which can become very confusing.

09/15/2014
ENC 1102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

5 weeks into the semester and is the worse prof. I have EVER had!! Work load excessive and too confusing. He criticizes your paper VERY harshly even though his criticisms are burdened with errors! Dislike very much!

08/05/2014
enc1101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Work overload! This professor is for someone advanced in writing. He grades harshly and his tests are very difficult. I went to the tutoring lab for help because I was so confused with assignments. I hated asking him because he would nonchalantly make fun of you. The professor in the writing lab felt bad for me and the assignments were confusing

07/30/2014
good
Enc 1101 Taken for Credit:No Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Great class overall, In the beginning I asked a lot of questions he was definitely there to help. No book necessary you just read articles and write essays. The class was easy and to the point. I would recommend professor lawless as my professor of choice.

06/20/2014
good
ENC 1101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great Teacher. Very involved. I was not a very good writer before this class. With this class I have become a better writer. Over time with the tips he gives you will become the best writer you can be.

05/17/2014
good
ENC1101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

My first semester in college was better than I thought it would be. So glad in took his class. Online isn't that hard. Just take time out of your week and you will pass.

04/24/2014
good
ENC 1102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I heard about this professor from another student and wish I had taken him for Comp 1. He is great, helpful and made me feel good about my writing. There were lots of reading and analysis of poems and short stories but it is an easy A and he was always available for feedback. I would recommend him to anyone.

03/06/2014
ENC 1102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This class is an easy A but the assignment directions are confusing. For the papers and discussion forums he tells you exactly how to write everything, down to what sentence goes where, which i am not a fan of; my brain doesn't work that way. I usually spend an hour a week doing his assignments.

02/28/2014
good
ENC 1101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Comp 1 was a breeze. My mails are replied to almost instantly, and my papers were graded almost instantly as well. He is a very tough grader, but it taught me a lot about proof reading. I'm currently taking comp 2, and it is the same quality.

12/10/2013
good

Professor Lawless was superb! Since I am enrolled in an AS program, Comp II was not required. However, I enjoyed the Comp I class so much that I took Comp II. If you do the assignments, the class is will not overburden you. I work full-time, own a small business and have a family – but I still managed to pass with an A+.

11/15/2013
good
ENC1101 Taken for Credit:No Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Good professor was very organized responded to emails promptly but not very clear in response. I wound up liking the course.

10/29/2013
good
enc 1101-1102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I love Professor Lawless. He is brilliant and helpful - one of the few professors who actually reads and comments on papers. He made me a better writer.

07/29/2013
good
ENC 1102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Excellent instructor! I have an 8-5 job, a family, run a small business, and I have a life – yet this class was very manageable. I enjoyed Comp I so much I took Comp II (even though the AS degree program does not require it.) I would highly recommend Professor Lawless.

07/24/2013
good
ENC1102 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Very Helpful! Prof. Lawless was extremely helpful and funny! He made the class almost fun! A lot of reading but if you do the work it is an easy A

07/24/2013
good
ENC1101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Lawless made this class interesting and enjoyable. This was my first online class and I was a bit skeptical at first but he made it easy to understand. If you do the work you should not have a problem getting an A!

07/11/2013
ENC1101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is an awful teacher to take online, if you have a 9-5 job and miss a week of work your grade drops to an F that is impossible to even get back up to a D to even pass.

06/06/2013
good

He is a great teacher,people who are complaining here are just plain dumb probably.If you have a drop of intellect you will enjoy the class.No book required,he replies instantly and grades quickly.He will be taking points off for mistakes,but what do you expect-you are supposed to learn not just get a grade. He is very smart.I took class online.