in Auburn University that teach Political Science Edit
at Auburn University, Auburn, AL
are you Clifton Perry?

01/08/2014
good
POLI 3360 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I recommend taking Fed. Jurisdiction with Perry. Your entire grade comes from the midterm and final, so there's no useless busywork. Admittedly he can be hard to follow during lecture, but he has long office hours and encourages students to come. After an average grade on the midterm, I went to his office every week and got a high A on the final.

02/14/2012
good
Poli5170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Perry... (he insists that we call him Cliff)... I address him as 'Dr. Perry' because he deserves it. Brilliant, energetic, hilarious, genuinely concerned if you learn or not. He will bend over backwards for you. He wants you to ask questions... so that he can help. TAKE HIM! GO TO CLASS! ASK FOR HELP IF NEDDED! Best Professor at Auburn.

12/13/2011
good
POLI5180 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you are thinking of going to law school TAKE THIS CLASS. And every class you can with Dr. Perry. You should even actually read the assignments sometimes. Learning to read cases is a skill, and if you develop it before law school you will have an advantage. Even at a T14, I feel like taking his classes made me more prepared than many of my peers.

06/10/2011
good
POLI5180 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I also took POLI 5170, 3370 and 3360 with him. Brilliant man and always open to discussion or questions because his legal vocabulary can confuse anyone. Incredibly helpful during office hours as well. Always curves tests. Never made lower than a C. Must read on your own to keep pace for B and above grades. Highly recommend

05/25/2011
good
ethic001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Perry (Klif) was my teacher years ago. Great. Intriguing. Inspirational. (I ended up in the same field.) Always willing to discuss the issues, adding more than class-time allowed. Take his class if you want to learn how to think clearly about current issues. You'll remember what you learned. Not easy, though. You'll need to study.

12/15/2010
good
Poli3370 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This was the most boring class that I have ever taken which is why it is so hard. He uses to many big words in class and on both tests so its hard to decipher what he means. He only offers two tests and thats it. If you don't do good on the first one then a withdrawal is going to be necessary.

11/06/2010
good
philo101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

he is the reason I went to law school. Ethics was the best class I took at Auburn.

04/30/2010
good
POLI5750 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Cliff has a wonderful understanding and enthusiasm for the subjects he teaches. I have taken two law courses from him and feel enlightened after class. It is a CONCEPTS no facts he teaches and, it is I feel excellent prep. for law school.

03/04/2010
good
poli3380 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

HE is AMAZING! i took him for evidence and i also had him for health law. i went in the youngest in both classes and i was terrified. He is really smart and does use elaborate language but if you go to class and do the reading you will be fine. And if not you can go to his office hours with questions and he will help you with anything!

12/21/2009
good
HADM3700 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great class - one midterm and a final with a generous curve on each. Took as an elective as a biomedical science major and, even though it was very foreign, I found the material very interesting. Looked forward to going to class - Clif is hilarious and extremely smart. Would definitely recommend the class.

12/11/2009
good
poli5270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Cliff is HILARIOUS, i look forward to going to his classes because they are entertaining and interesting. Test are kind of difficult if you dont go to class. so go and enjoy!!

10/09/2009
good
POLI5970 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Amazing teacher. He may seem hard, but I am currently in law school and am very glad that I took him during my undergraduate education. It is because of him that I am flying through the first year of law school. Definitely take him (seriously).

05/05/2009
POLI5180 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Interesting class, but could not understand a thing! He tries to use vocabulary that is too hard for an average person to understand. I literally wrote a list of words he used that I didn't understand and had to look them up in the dictionary!It felt like he unnecesarily made the class harder. Besides that, he was interesting guy.

04/21/2009
good
POLI5970 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He's the best professor I've had at Auburn! Class can be difficult, but he is more than willing to help you understand the material.I also believe he is the smartest and funniest guy I've ever met..definitely makes class worthwhile! TAKE HIM!!

10/13/2008
good

Dr. Perry is pretty cool. I'm reasonably sure he does use a large amount of narcotics. Class was reasonably in depth, but presented in a simple way. Went kind of deep to get across points that turned out to be simple. High use of the textbook, but reading before class isn't a MUST, it just helped. I'm going to take him again

09/10/2008
good
ETH111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Had Perry for Medical Ethics. By far, the most interesting and enjoyable class I had in college (and I was on the 7 year plan).

08/11/2008
good

I have taken every class he teaches and he is AMAZING!!!! He puts multi-state bar exam questions on his tests but I'm not kidding, if you have ANY interest in law, you will LOVE HIM! Read the cases, take notes in class, ASK QUESTIONS and STUDY! He'll make the class worth your while!

07/29/2008
good
poli3300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Amazing Professor!! You definitely have to work hard, and his tests are hard, but I learned more in this class than any other I have had at auburn. No BS kind of a guy. Take him and your vocab will improve just by being in class!!

11/06/2007
good
polySECT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This class was so hard,but i don't regret taking him for a second.He is obnoxious,funny,interesting and brilliant!The material is extremely difficult but he tries his very best to help you to understand.I would love to go out and party with this man!If you like law-TAKE HIM! but i will warn you-you HAVE TO STUDY!

10/27/2007
good
Poli3300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Of all the teachers I have ever had, he is by far the most intelligent. If you aren't serious about law don't even bother. He operates way above the intellect of most people. Those who have said he is not a good instructor were probably upset because they lacked the interest or acumen to be there in the first place.