Clifton Perry at Auburn University

Clifton Perry

Number of ratings 63 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

1/8/14

POLI 3360

I recommend taking Fed. Jurisdiction with Perry. Your entire grade comes from the midterm and final, so there's no useless busywork. Admittedly he can be hard to follow during lecture, but he has long office hours and encourages students to come. After an average grade on the midterm, I went to his office every week and got a high A on the final.

2/14/12

Poli5170

Dr. Perry... (he insists that we call him Cliff)... I address him as 'Dr. Perry' because he deserves it. Brilliant, energetic, hilarious, genuinely concerned if you learn or not. He will bend over backwards for you. He wants you to ask questions... so that he can help. TAKE HIM! GO TO CLASS! ASK FOR HELP IF NEDDED! Best Professor at Auburn.

12/13/11

POLI5180

If you are thinking of going to law school TAKE THIS CLASS. And every class you can with Dr. Perry. You should even actually read the assignments sometimes. Learning to read cases is a skill, and if you develop it before law school you will have an advantage. Even at a T14, I feel like taking his classes made me more prepared than many of my peers.

6/10/11

POLI5180

I also took POLI 5170, 3370 and 3360 with him. Brilliant man and always open to discussion or questions because his legal vocabulary can confuse anyone. Incredibly helpful during office hours as well. Always curves tests. Never made lower than a C. Must read on your own to keep pace for B and above grades. Highly recommend

5/25/11

ethic001

Dr. Perry (Klif) was my teacher years ago. Great. Intriguing. Inspirational. (I ended up in the same field.) Always willing to discuss the issues, adding more than class-time allowed. Take his class if you want to learn how to think clearly about current issues. You'll remember what you learned. Not easy, though. You'll need to study.

12/15/10

Poli3370

This was the most boring class that I have ever taken which is why it is so hard. He uses to many big words in class and on both tests so its hard to decipher what he means. He only offers two tests and thats it. If you don't do good on the first one then a withdrawal is going to be necessary.

11/6/10

philo101

he is the reason I went to law school. Ethics was the best class I took at Auburn.

4/30/10

POLI5750

Cliff has a wonderful understanding and enthusiasm for the subjects he teaches. I have taken two law courses from him and feel enlightened after class. It is a CONCEPTS no facts he teaches and, it is I feel excellent prep. for law school.

3/4/10

poli3380

HE is AMAZING! i took him for evidence and i also had him for health law. i went in the youngest in both classes and i was terrified. He is really smart and does use elaborate language but if you go to class and do the reading you will be fine. And if not you can go to his office hours with questions and he will help you with anything!

12/21/09

HADM3700

Great class - one midterm and a final with a generous curve on each. Took as an elective as a biomedical science major and, even though it was very foreign, I found the material very interesting. Looked forward to going to class - Clif is hilarious and extremely smart. Would definitely recommend the class.

12/11/09

poli5270

Cliff is HILARIOUS, i look forward to going to his classes because they are entertaining and interesting. Test are kind of difficult if you dont go to class. so go and enjoy!!

10/9/09

POLI5970

Amazing teacher. He may seem hard, but I am currently in law school and am very glad that I took him during my undergraduate education. It is because of him that I am flying through the first year of law school. Definitely take him (seriously).

5/5/09

POLI5180

Interesting class, but could not understand a thing! He tries to use vocabulary that is too hard for an average person to understand. I literally wrote a list of words he used that I didn't understand and had to look them up in the dictionary!It felt like he unnecesarily made the class harder. Besides that, he was interesting guy.

4/21/09

POLI5970

He's the best professor I've had at Auburn! Class can be difficult, but he is more than willing to help you understand the material.I also believe he is the smartest and funniest guy I've ever met..definitely makes class worthwhile! TAKE HIM!!

10/13/08

POLI5970

Dr. Perry is pretty cool. I'm reasonably sure he does use a large amount of narcotics. Class was reasonably in depth, but presented in a simple way. Went kind of deep to get across points that turned out to be simple. High use of the textbook, but reading before class isn't a MUST, it just helped. I'm going to take him again

9/10/08

ETH111

Had Perry for Medical Ethics. By far, the most interesting and enjoyable class I had in college (and I was on the 7 year plan).

8/11/08

HADM3700

I have taken every class he teaches and he is AMAZING!!!! He puts multi-state bar exam questions on his tests but I'm not kidding, if you have ANY interest in law, you will LOVE HIM! Read the cases, take notes in class, ASK QUESTIONS and STUDY! He'll make the class worth your while!

7/29/08

poli3300

Amazing Professor!! You definitely have to work hard, and his tests are hard, but I learned more in this class than any other I have had at auburn. No BS kind of a guy. Take him and your vocab will improve just by being in class!!

11/6/07

polySECT

This class was so hard,but i don't regret taking him for a second.He is obnoxious,funny,interesting and brilliant!The material is extremely difficult but he tries his very best to help you to understand.I would love to go out and party with this man!If you like law-TAKE HIM! but i will warn you-you HAVE TO STUDY!

10/27/07

Poli3300

Of all the teachers I have ever had, he is by far the most intelligent. If you aren't serious about law don't even bother. He operates way above the intellect of most people. Those who have said he is not a good instructor were probably upset because they lacked the interest or acumen to be there in the first place.

More Political Science professors at Auburn University