Ira Goldknopf at Lone Star College (all)

Ira Goldknopf

Number of ratings 10 / Average Grade:  B Submit a correction

12/19/13

Chem 1405

Grade ReceivedB

Don't take his class. You'll have to teach yourself the course. All the information is on the power points. The textbook is a waste of $. curves his grades by 10-20 points. always says the wrong thing from the PPTS. Didn't have any chemistry experience. I only passed with a B because I had lots of outside help.

12/12/13

CHEM 1411

Grade ReceivedWD

RUN AWAY he is so bad he expected all of us to already have a grasp on chemistry & go into engineering Wouldnt pause So boring He would hit the projector screen with a ruler to make an emphasis! news flash it gets annoying after the billionth time When i didnt understand something he didnt even pause to clarify never dropped 1st time for everything

11/21/13

CHEM 1405

If you don't know anything about chemistry, you will have to read the book and teach yourself how to do everytihing. He curves his tests. He doesn't really explain things, he just reads the powerpoints.

10/10/13

CHEM1411

Run away!!!! He expects all his students to be going into engineering and already have a grasp on chemistry. Boring lectures, monotone, hits the projector screen with a ruler (a billion times it's annoying). Labs are confusing, he really doesn't teach. Doesn't check to see if u understand. Goes way to fast in the power points so u end up not paying attention cause u couldn't keep up! I tried to take him but he such a bad teacher I had to drop him. (He's the first I've dropped)

5/12/13

Chem1405

This class definitely had its ups and downs. He is a nice guy and seems to want to do a good teaching, but he's just not there yet in my opinion. He only reads off the power points and I left nearly every class confused and had to read and try to teach myself. You never know what to expect on his test. More class work together would have helped.

5/8/13

RUN RUN RUN! This guy is not a good teacher. He is extremely difficult to understand, he does a terrible job of explaining concepts, all he does is read off power points and doesn't even teach. I was completely confused and ended up teaching myself everything. His exams are VERY hard, and the labs are ridiculous and hard to understand. DO NOT TAKE!

5/2/13

Chem 1419

Great professor. He knows what he's talking about. There was a lot of outside learning because the concepts are hard, and he doesn't always explain it perfectly, but it was fine because he keeps the class stress-free and learning friendly. A little time on Khan Academy and you're good to go. I highly recommend taking his class. I had fun!

11/29/12

chem1405

Very nice guy, really goofy, but not a good professor at all. Reads totally off the powerpoint. Often fumbles his words when lecturing. Labs are confusing to say the least. A better structured syllabus would be beneficial. Be prepared to learn ALL on your own.

11/15/12

CHEM1405

This intro class was extremely harder than I anticipated. The teaching style confused me; I even found myself confused by concepts that I had previously understood prior to class. Taught myself everything. The test questions were very in depth (not general) / I never felt prepared going into a test even if I felt confident when studying the review.

8/21/12

CHEM2425

His approach to teaching is great, he is not a professor who will try to stump you with trick questions but instead he wants to spark an interest in the subject so his test are straight forward and test your grasp on the basic concepts. He curves generously when needed and the labs are fun. Took him for O-chem 2 in the summer and got a B.

More Chemistry professors at Lone Star College (all)