Susan Cockrell at Austin Peay State University

Susan Cockrell

Number of ratings 9 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

7/29/13

Acct 2010

Honestly, I took accounting 2010 during the summer semester because I figured it'd be a cake walk after hearing about how hard accounting was. While it was challenging, Dr. Cockrell was very helpful and always wanted everyone to understand what was going on in class. For non-traditional students, she is really great at explaining everything well!

7/24/13

Acct 3010

Worst accounting instructor ever. She talks too fast and tests are very hard. Will tell you certain material will not be on a test and not to worry over studying it, only for that material to be on the test. Has no desire to help struggling students achieve.

6/5/13

ACCT2010

Hands down the best teacher in the business department. She knows how to explain things multiple ways so that everyone understands. I learned enough in her intro class to carry me through some other accounting courses with less qualified teachers. She genuinely wants everyone to learn the material and do well.

12/6/12

ACCT2010

I took her 8 week course. It was tough, but I learned everything. She explains the material very well in class. I had to teach myself alot, but that's mainly because we had to cover so much in so little time. Compared to friends that took other professors, I know/understand more than them. It was very time consuming, but it was worth it.

12/4/12

ACCT1010

Best professor ever, very no-nonsense and structured but very good instructor. Gives you everything you need to succeed! Super nice, helpful, available for extra help. Gives partial credit for work shown and curves tests. Absolute best teacher I've ever had, even taught me what my 2020 prof didn't. I'm purposefully waiting a yr to take her for 3010

10/31/12

acct3010

she teaches too fast and talk too fast. exams are hard and too many questions for so little time.

10/8/12

Acct2010

I only had professor Cockrell for 8 weeks, and she is amazing. She is very helpful and wants her students to succeed. Her test are multiple choice and comprehensive problems. She lets you know exactly what will be on the test and gives half credit to help your grade. Class participation is pretty much quizzes. She makes accounting seem so easy.

9/24/12

ACCT3020

Dr. Cockrell is one of the best professors you will ever meet. Yeah, her class is super tough, but you are trying to be an accountant! Hello, accounting is gonna be hard anyways. She will give you exactly what you need to know. So study, apply yourself completely and she will see that you are trying.She is only trying to prepare you for the future

8/10/12

ACCT4210

Very very hard. Uses only CPA Questions. Keep your schedule open and work every problem at the end of the chapters. Even though she is very polite and pleasant, I felt very discouraged throughout the course because no matter how or how much I studied (with my limited time on hand), it was never enough.

More Accounting professors at Austin Peay State University