in University of British Columbia that teach Mathematics Edit
at University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
are you Maxim Stykow?
12/17/2014
good
Math 100 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"There for you" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Inspirational"

Math 100 at UBC is no joke. Its immensely more difficult than AP calculus. But having Maxim as a prof definately helped. Office hours are the key to success. He does a really good job of explaining things. And if he takes a liking to you he tries even harder to make sure you are in a position to succeed

12/14/2014
good
MATH 100 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: Rather not say
"Inspirational" "Amazing lectures" "There for you"

Maxim started the semester with a bang; he was super motivational and made the class love math. He was always helpful and had open office hours during midterm and final exam time. This class started off my undergraduate career well and will probably remain my favorite class.

09/11/2014
good
MATH 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Maxim is by far one of the best profs I've had! It's only been 2 weeks I've been in his classes but I must say that he is AMAZING!!! He knows what he's talking about, he solves many problems with his students in class, makes sure everyone has understood perfectly if not he is very open to questions which encourages everyone to participate

04/16/2014
good
Math 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is an AMAZING prof - loved him so much! He made class interesting and he's super nice. Very enthusiastic too. RECOMMENDED PROF if he teaches again!

03/06/2014
good
MATH102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

Nice teacher!!

02/03/2014
good
MATH 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: B+

Easily the best professor I had in my first semester at UBC! I actually enjoy my math class.

01/09/2014
good
Math 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best instructor ever, teaches clearly and up to pace, gives questions and guides you through the calculation, he inspires me to like math!

01/02/2014
good
MATH102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Best math prof! Very clear and helpful, and very inspirational too!

12/12/2013
good
math 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B+

Super Helpful and makes math fun!! Likes his Tibetan singing bowl and is a very clear communicator! During the final he put Hershey's kisses on all of our desks!!

05/07/2013
good
MATH 180 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

my own laziness & inaptitude motivated my poor grade. maxim, on the other hand, motivated interest and passion in us students. he craves feedback, desiring to make class better. he teaches by example. maxim knowns how to make math COOL like cucumbers, such a dreamboat.

12/05/2012
good
Math180 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Maxim's the best math instructor there probably is at UBC! I'm so glad I had him for first year math, he has taught me well. He's clear and concise, friendly, and always willing to help. He has inspired me as a student and as a person. As well, he's very attractive.

11/17/2012
good
math180 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

really helpful... makes funny jokes in class but you might miss them unless you pay attention. offers good explanations, is concise and cares that his students do well not just in class but in life too. take his class if you can.

10/11/2012
good
Math180 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great caring and helpful teacher, always happy to help and answer questions

09/06/2012
Math180 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He's really nice