Megan Swindal at University of Alabama

Megan Swindal

Number of ratings 23 / Average Grade:  A- Submit a correction

7/12/14

Soc 101

Primarily lectures & shows lots of videos. At times its boring, but she goes over the hard/frequently missed questions on the required weekly online test. The tests are from the textbook&are challenging if you don't read, but if you do it's easy to make an a. Her midterm&final are mostly from book & have questions from the stupid weekly readings.

5/4/14

SOC 101

She did not actually teach in class, however took attendance which took my grade from an A to a B. Weekly online tests which are open-book and easy to make a 100 on. Both the midterm and final were online and at-home so it was very easy to make A's on her tests. She was very rude and uncaring though.

4/29/14

Grade ReceivedC+

I would recommend to take the online class rather than this. There was a weekly test online, but it was literally impossible and took forever. He slide shows in class did not help me. I even went in for help and was not satisfied. I did poorly on both the final and the midterm. I would not recommend her.

4/19/14

SOC 101

Good teacher. She deals very well with having to teach 400 kids. Online tests every week that are open book and can be taken twice so easy to get a good grade on. I would choose her again if I had to pick.

4/13/14

SOC 101 and 202

I took Dr. Swindal for 101 and 202 and made great grades in both classes. The material is interesting and most of it is common sense. Attendance for 101 isn't mandatory, and you get 2 skips in 202. Her 101 tests were multiple choice and very easy and there were debates in 202 instead of tests. I would definitely suggest this class and professor!

4/3/14

SOC 101

Dr. Swindal is not a nice woman and I found her rude and degrading. She wasn't helpful and did not care about any of her students

2/5/14

SOC-101-001

Grade ReceivedA-

She's not the most interesting teacher, but she knows what she's talking about and is very clear, and her tests aren't bad if you study. She's also incredibly kind and helpful. I had a really difficult time dealing with some personal issues and she let me postpone my midterm a week and then checked in with me a week later. A wonderful person.

12/9/13

SOC 101-001

This course is very easy. Attendance is not required, and you do not have to attend class to do well in the class. The quizzes come straight from the book, and you can do everything in your own room.

10/29/13

soc101

She is nice. It is helpful to go to her office hours every once in a while. You have to do two assignments each week. They are usually not too difficult, but can be time-consuming.

10/29/13

SOC 101

I love Professor Swindal, it's amazes me how everyone complains about such an easy class. Yes, her class is boring, but the homework is really easy and you can correct the ones you got wrong. Her exams are straight off the study guide she gives you. Take this class to boost your GPA.

10/24/13

SOC 101

The material in this class is very tedious and difficult to understand. The teacher sometimes has trouble explaining the material. Attendance is optional, but if you go and participate she will remember you and give extra credit. Homework is boring but very easy so do it. The midterm and final contain lots of info but if you study you can get an A

5/9/13

SOC 101

Dr.Swindal is great!! I only missed a few classes and found that the study guides for the midterm and final matched up with the notes from class perfectly. If you go to class and take notes you will get an A!

5/6/13

SOC 101

The class is not very hard. I absolutely hated going to her class and listening to her talk! It was horrible. The lectures were ridiculously boring so I read every chapter and highlighted which was more beneficial than going to class for me.I suggest you take it online though!

4/9/13

soc 101

her class is not very hard as long as you take notes

4/5/13

SOC 101

THIS IS NOT AN EASY CLASS. HER LECTURES ARE HORRIBLE. TAKE IT ONLINE AND SAVE YOUR GPA.

2/3/13

Soc101

Dr. Swindal is great. She's so easy and loves what she's doing. The other reviews are wrong; I studied and attended lecture and her class was extremely easy. Very, very interesting (but I'm a soc minor). I'm now in her SOC 202 class, and I love it even more. Dr. Swindal is fantastic and I find her very interesting. Very pretty, too.

1/12/13

SOC101

This class was okay. The lectures were really boring. I went to most classes although looking back I probably didn't have to. There are three tests and the final. I barely made an A, but it is possible!

12/10/12

SOC101

This class as it's taught should not be considered a 100 level class! The only grades are three tests and the final exam. Although I found this class to be enjoyable, it was very hard to make an A or even a B. I'm disappointed and personally wouldn't recommend.

12/3/12

SOC101

In order to make a good grade, read the textbook and do the required readings. If you want an A, go to class and listen because she includes some things in the slides that aren't in the readings. The class isn't hard at all if you put in some effort. She's very helpful if you have a question and the TA's we had were too.

11/9/12

Soc101

AVOID BY ALL MEANS! She must think this is a 300-400 level class. I attend every class, although its not mandatory. Her exams are ridiculous, and being a young professor, she doesn't know how to lecture. Do not take her unless you want to work your butt off and still get a C

More Sociology professors at University of Alabama