Hans K. Arneson at Elon University

Hans K. Arneson

Number of ratings 17 / Average Grade:  B+ Submit a correction

1/29/14

Grade ReceivedB+

Always nice when you can learn something in a winter term class, especially one you thought you might end up hating when you signed up. Do ALL of the readings and SPEAK UP in discussion. The grading isn't unfair, but you'll have to do both of these things to get a good grade.

1/28/14

Grade ReceivedA-

Loved the class! Didn't expect much going in, but learned a lot and I have a new favorite professor. He loved everyone's opinion and knew his stuff.

1/28/14

REL270

This class was awesome. I learned a lot and he seemed to genuinely care.

1/21/14

REL 270

Hans is awesome. He got me interested in learning about the Gospels which I didn't think was remotely possible. Friendly advice: talk in class, do the work (which is a lot), and get creative! He is big on grading for participation and loves the input of everyone in class. Amazing class and teacher...

12/6/13

Grade ReceivedB

One of my favorite classes. Maybe ever. I even blew the midterm and I still liked the course.

12/6/13

Grade ReceivedA-

Great teacher who made a potentially boring subject very fun and understandable. Decent amount of reading but workload is reasonable and is grading is more than fair.

11/24/13

Nice guy, fair grader.

11/10/13

REL110

I really didn't like the subject matter going into the course, and I'll be honest I didn't fall in love with it as the semester went on. But he seems nice enough and this was fairly painless, except for the days when everyone was too hungover to talk or think. Grades weren't bad. If you make an effort you'll be fine.

11/10/13

Grade ReceivedB+

Some readings were too hard, but the work wasn't too bad. He's way too into the material, but class is mostly relaxed and he tells jokes to keep people awake. The one professor I've had who knew everyones name first week. I needed a recommendation letter and went to him because he actually knew me and seemed to care about my life outside his class.

10/14/13

REL212

the class was quiet at the beginning, but most of the time it was pretty enjoyable and the workload was fine. he's pretty funny for a professor and good to talk to if you need anything.

7/25/13

REL110

The course was good for a general. He keeps the class pretty upbeat, and I liked his conversational teaching style. Easy to talk to.

5/7/13

REL110

Almost done with this course. It hasn't been exactly what I expected, but I thought it was good, although the 8:00 AM start was rough. He's nice and very helpful if you ever need to contact him outside of class.

3/16/13

REL110

Like everyone has said, he's really chill. Really accessible and pretty funny. I personally don't really like the subject matter, but I don't mind the class.

3/4/13

REL 110

Super chill guy and easy to get along with, material is easy to understand but reading/papers can be time consuming. I would recommend the class if you're even remotely interested in religion.

1/28/13

REL110

He is a super helpful professor and a really funny guy. Definitely knows his stuff but presents it in a way that students can understand. In addition to my knowledge of the subject matter, I was suprised by how much my analytical skills progressed throughout the semester. I would definitely recommend his class.

12/7/12

REL110

Thought the class was good, and he's pretty cool. Reasonable amount of work, but spread out and totally manageable. Didn't have any interest in the subject matter before I took the course (required), but I found a lot of the material engaging. Overall, solid experience. Planning on taking one of his courses next semester.

11/17/12

REL110

He is really chill and and really understanding person, flexible on due dates if something comes up, and a great guy. No tests, weekly quizzes on readings and small one page papers every now and again due. Down fall is his class is crazy boring so if you can stay awake you will be fine.

More Religion professors at Elon University