in Wake Technical Community College that teach Mathematics Edit
are you Ric Sexton?
B

05/09/2014
good
MAT 161 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Sexton was a great teacher and unfortunately he passed away this semester. He was always helpful and answered questions. It's a real disappointment he's gone.

03/28/2014
good
MAT271 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B+

Great teacher. One of the best I have ever had, even though his class is not easy. Goes out of his way to answer questions thoroughly.

07/26/2012
good
MAT271 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

You're not going to get a better math teacher than him at the North Campus. Easy to talk to, always explains things. Gives test reviews and answer key for tests. Throws in one curveball question (usually on the calculator part) of the tests. So do a lot of problems in the homework, even the ones not assigned. Also, go to the ILC for extra help.

08/03/2011
good
MAT172 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This dude is the man. He is clear, to the point, helpful after class, and nice. I'm not sure if he enforces the attendance policy but I left class everyday for ten to fifteen minutes. 172 is the easiest class ever if you're not an idiot. I probably paid attention for five minutes total the entire year.

04/28/2011
good
MAT273 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Sexton is a fun guy and very nice. He makes a ton of mistakes on the whiteboard, so watch for that. He gives plenty of notice for tests and quizzes, which are easy. He's probably the best math teacher at North Campus, rivaled only by Sharon Welker. RECOMMEND.

03/31/2011
good
Math172 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The best math teacher I have had. He is very helpful and easy to understand. I highly recommend him!

11/19/2010
good

By far the best Calculus teacher I've had. I started taking Calculus in high school, but the teacher was very unclear. When I took it again with Sexton I understood everything. His class is definitely not easy but he's reasonable and fair and definitely willing to work with you if you need help. Lectures and practice homework are essential to an A.

08/11/2010
good
MATH172 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Sexton is the best Math teacher ever. Straight to the point, very logical, organized, and eager to help. He returns tests/grades in a timely manner. I had him as my professor twice and will stay with him. To do good you have to do homework and really pay attention. Classes are not easy A's

06/09/2010
good
MAT273 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took this professor for MAT172 trig, Calc 1 and 3 (271 and 273) he is by far the best math teacher, at least at North campus at WTCC. pay attention in class, and ask questions, he is very good at what he does.. But, this is upper level math classes, so dont expect to not do homework and pass, anything above 171 or 263 you need to do work to do we

10/27/2009
good
MAT172 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

His lectures are really good. If you pay attention in his class, you barely have to do hw (but if you do, you make a 100) they're that good. He's the only teacher that explains the textbook, so its easier to study because of that. Quizzes and labs are easy As. Tests and midterms are hard, but not the worst. Would highly recommend! Take this class!