in Wake Technical Community College that teach Mathematics Edit
are you Ric Sexton?
B

05/09/2014
good
MAT 161 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Sexton was a great teacher and unfortunately he passed away this semester. He was always helpful and answered questions. It's a real disappointment he's gone.

03/28/2014
good
MAT271 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B+

Great teacher. One of the best I have ever had, even though his class is not easy. Goes out of his way to answer questions thoroughly.

07/26/2012
good
MAT271 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

You're not going to get a better math teacher than him at the North Campus. Easy to talk to, always explains things. Gives test reviews and answer key for tests. Throws in one curveball question (usually on the calculator part) of the tests. So do a lot of problems in the homework, even the ones not assigned. Also, go to the ILC for extra help.

08/03/2011
good
MAT172 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This dude is the man. He is clear, to the point, helpful after class, and nice. I'm not sure if he enforces the attendance policy but I left class everyday for ten to fifteen minutes. 172 is the easiest class ever if you're not an idiot. I probably paid attention for five minutes total the entire year.

04/28/2011
good
MAT273 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Sexton is a fun guy and very nice. He makes a ton of mistakes on the whiteboard, so watch for that. He gives plenty of notice for tests and quizzes, which are easy. He's probably the best math teacher at North Campus, rivaled only by Sharon Welker. RECOMMEND.

03/31/2011
good
Math172 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The best math teacher I have had. He is very helpful and easy to understand. I highly recommend him!

11/19/2010
good

By far the best Calculus teacher I've had. I started taking Calculus in high school, but the teacher was very unclear. When I took it again with Sexton I understood everything. His class is definitely not easy but he's reasonable and fair and definitely willing to work with you if you need help. Lectures and practice homework are essential to an A.

08/11/2010
good
MATH172 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Sexton is the best Math teacher ever. Straight to the point, very logical, organized, and eager to help. He returns tests/grades in a timely manner. I had him as my professor twice and will stay with him. To do good you have to do homework and really pay attention. Classes are not easy A's

06/09/2010
good
MAT273 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took this professor for MAT172 trig, Calc 1 and 3 (271 and 273) he is by far the best math teacher, at least at North campus at WTCC. pay attention in class, and ask questions, he is very good at what he does.. But, this is upper level math classes, so dont expect to not do homework and pass, anything above 171 or 263 you need to do work to do we

10/27/2009
good
MAT172 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

His lectures are really good. If you pay attention in his class, you barely have to do hw (but if you do, you make a 100) they're that good. He's the only teacher that explains the textbook, so its easier to study because of that. Quizzes and labs are easy As. Tests and midterms are hard, but not the worst. Would highly recommend! Take this class!

06/05/2009
good
MAT172 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excwllent Instructor! All he does in class is teaching, which is good for a math class. Does his best to make sure students understands..Easy course if u take it with him. I would take his class again if i can. Great Great Great Teacher...just do homework, tests are from hw questions mostly, and you have an A+++++

12/24/2008
good
math272 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

he is really a good teacher. if you are doing good in the tests, then you do not need to worry about attendence, but you have to attened in the class for good result. he explain as much as you need. i just attened in the class, pay attention. fpr test i studied the night before the test, and my final grade is A

12/23/2008
good
MAT273 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very helpful, very understandnding to student circumstances. Do your homework to get a top grade.

11/06/2008
good
MAT263 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took his class last semester and it seemed easy at first. The tests were fine and reflected the material covered in class. Bu then, the last half of the semester became extremely difficult. Definately make sure to do the homework, it will help. Mr. Sexton is very helpful if you ask for help. He is a good teacher, but the material is difficult.

07/28/2008
MAT172 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I attended every class & did all the homework & assignments. The 1st 2 test were good but the last 2 I failed & don't feel good about the final. I thought I was understanding the material until tests & then it was like a foreign language. I felt he went through the material to quickly & didn't assign enough work to master the concepts. Beware!

03/02/2008
good
MAT263 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Sexton is GREAT. I'm not a math student by anyone's standards, but Mr. Sexton consistently makes our lectures accessible and understandable. He's always been willing to help either in or outside of class, and I feel like he really cares about his students. I cannot recommend him enough.

05/16/2007
good
Mat271 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Good teacher. Does not teach a lot of theory to math just gets down to how to do the problems. You must study and do homework to do well. Overall a good experience

01/06/2007
good
MAT271 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

really helpful... makes Math so easy... i would take his class again

11/10/2006
good
mat172 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

10/18/2006
good
MAT171 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is an easy going guy, but not an easy teacher. He takes points off for simple mistakes, but overall he is pretty fair in his grading. He is a good teacher, and willing to help if you have problems. He'll a give pop quiz if he thinks the class is not doing the homework.