Greg Hinckley at Seattle Central Community College

Greg Hinckley

Number of ratings 69 / Average Grade:  A+ Submit a correction

4/8/14

SOC 150

I wish I had more space to express what an AMAZING teacher Greg is. Take this class. Just take it. This class, in all honesty, changed my life. I went in a psych major and came out a sociology major. That was all Greg. Take this class, or any of his classes. You won't be sorry.

3/14/14

Sociology 101

AMAZING teacher!

2/1/14

SOC 101

The best teacher ever!! He is not the traditional teacher that you know. I learned a lot not only for the test but for life.

2/1/14

SOC101

One of the best teacher that Seattle Central has. He's not the traditional teacher that you know. I took this class with him and I learned not only for the test but for life.

5/28/13

Socioogy 101

Greg is an amazing teacher and guide. He does not force you to think what he thinks but will make you question why it is you think the way you think. He helped me to expand how I understand the world that we live in. I am not going to become a sociologist, but this is one of the best classes that I have taken, and I will use it my whole life.

5/15/13

Intro to Soc

Several years ago I took a class with Greg. It is because of him that I fell in love with Sociology.I ended up majoring in the subject at the University of Washington. Now that I have my BA, I'm about to start grad school for an MA in legal studies. It all started with Greg...

3/19/13

SOC150

Greg is easily the best teacher I've had at SSCC. He is extremely nice, organized, and makes everything really interesting. You're required to do readings, and homework assignments are big, but you're given plenty of time to do them. Easy 4.0 if you show up with your work. Take him, you won't regret it.

1/15/13

SOC101

Best sociologist ever. Great material and everything of his lecture is scheduled. You just have to follow, 2 hours of practicing at home for reader and watching movie. You're doing well

1/6/13

SOC101

He likes picking on someone but actually he just wanted to give us a right push. If you attend to class everyday punctually and hand in EVERY assignment, you will get an A easily.

12/7/12

Soc101

He is honestly the best teacher ever .He is really passionate about sociology and you could see it through how he talks and presents himself in the class. He will push your buttons and make you think he is a jerk but in reality he is a nice person. He will respect you if you respect him Take his class if you ever can! You won't regret it!

12/5/12

soc101

This is the realist instructor I have ever had. Greg made me love Sociology. He really cares about his students. To get a 4.0 you need to be there everyday, take notes on his lectures and speak in class. This is not a boring class where you just read out of a text book, he shows a lot of modern videos,and keeps you engaged at all times.

11/30/12

socio105

wonderful teacher! you'll gain a lot when you take his class. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

5/16/12

soc101

Amazing professor :) Take his class if you have chance you won't regret it :)

3/23/12

SOC101

He makes me love sociology! Seriously! Probably one of the best teachers SCCC has so far! Totally recommend his courses (not just sociology courses). Totally worth the money!

2/20/12

soc101

I took this class just to fill credits. I had no interest in sociology what so ever. I cant even begin to explain how this class has change my perspective on everything. He is a great teacher and his lectures are extremely helpful and interesting.

1/10/12

soc101

best of the best!!! need more teacher like please seattle central co....plsease bring a teacher like him!! thanks!

1/4/12

soc101

the best teacher ever... people used to tell me that sociology is boring and hard but he made it an easy ride.. just come to class on time, do your homework and participate in class... then you get a 4.0.. he does not discriminate on race or anything he is neutral to all.. greta teacher,,:-)))

12/22/11

Soc101

I greatly recommend students to take his classes. He will change your attitude towards sociology as well as study. He rewards students who do well in his class. You really learn things in his class. But if you have decided to take his class, you have to be serious and turn in the assignments. He is serious in his teaching.

12/13/11

SOC220

I highly recommend any class from greg!If you're looking to better yourself and gain more knowlege this is the right class for you. There are no test or final. But plenty of interesting reads. This is not an "easy" class so don't take thinking that. Make sure you have the time to dedicate and it will be very rewarding.

10/15/11

soc111

I was stressed at times in this class with all the reading and responses going on. However, now that it has been a year since I took that class, I can say it is a wonderful experience, where you learn not only from a teacher, but also from the other people in class.

More Sociology professors at Seattle Central Community College