in Missouri State University that teach Business Edit
Shannon McMurtrey
Professor in the Business department
at Missouri State University, Springfield, MO
are you Shannon McMurtrey?

05/19/2010
good
CIS525 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

First part of the semester is rather easy and the second part gets very difficult. For the last couple of weeks, you have a 10-12 page, single spaced term paper over various security topics and need 15 reputable sources. The tests are fairly straightforward if you study for them (essays, true/false, multiple choice and fill in the blank).

11/19/2008
good
CIS334 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Top-tiered professor at MSU. Many other professors could learn a few things from him. Attendance is not mandatory, but I would go so you can understand the language (C# for my class) Very down to earth real life guy. Your grade is your homework and projects...

11/02/2006
good
CIS260 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of my favorite teachers in college. I really enjoyed coming to this class. It wasnt something I dreaded. I appreciated his real world approach and classroom atmosphere. I hope I will be able to take a class with him again in the future.

06/28/2006
good
Computer Info Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is so understanding and helpful

05/23/2006
CIS 201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is always late to class and very disorganized Doesn't post grades in a timely fashion & is not helpful with assignments you have to learn the material on your own. All semester I thought it was hard but I got an A b/c he obviously did not grade my homework and i memorized the answers to practice exams It is not a hard class but he is agrivating

11/30/2005
good
CIS 202,334 ect Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took him all the way through my college life. He is the reason I am a CIS major. He takes the real world and places it in the class room. I enjoy learning from him. He is a hard teach if you don't keep up with the work and get behind. You can ask questions and premote your learn and he is willin' to help with you. You need to take him!!! :)

05/29/2004
good
CIS 202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Shannon is the best teacher I've ever taken a class with. He is incredibly helpful and very fair. I would recommend taking Shannon's class if you want to learn from someone who actually knows what he's talking about and has real world experience.

05/15/2004

good
CIS224 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Great class McMurtrey makes it fun and tries to help as much as possible. I would recommend taking him for as many CIS classes as possible. The extra five points he gave really helped.

05/13/2004
CIS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

good
CIS 334 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

If you want to come out of a class a better student, and more specifically VB programmer, take McMurtrey. I'm a soon to be Senior and he is the best teacher i have had so far in college.

good

Great Teacher. Challenging class but is simplified by his teaching style and assignments.

good
CIS 224 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

I would highly recommend taken a class with Mcmurtrey. He is a very good teacher and very helpful. He explains things very well.

04/18/2004
good

Great Teacher!! I would highly recommend take a class with him.

10/08/2003
good

Awesome teacher. He actually helps you learn and understand the material. One of the few CIS teachers that I have had who do that.

08/06/2003
good
cis224 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

I wouldn't know anything about vb programming if it wasn't for Shannon McMurtrey

05/10/2003
good

He is a great teacher. He wants to make each student strive to be a computer programmer. He is easy to work with and enjoys helping students. He is sometime late to class but, he makes it up by being very helpful. PLEASE TAKE HIM! You like him!!!!!!!!

11/27/2002
good

By far SMS' best CIS teacher!

11/24/2002
good

Wonderful instructor...easy to work with and pleasant to be around...