in Missouri State University that teach English Edit
are you James Baumlin?
B-

12/16/2014
good
ENG 110 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

My favorite class that I took of my freshman year. He really made the lectures interesting and engaging. Sometimes there was a lack of structure in the class that could be a problem for some people. There were five essays and he expected you to be involved with and passionate about what you wrote on each. Grading was fair. I would suggest taking!

12/04/2014
good
ENG 110H Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

The class consisted of 5 papers, each longer as you go. You have a book you read and another you read parts of. If you need help or more time for anything, he will give you it. He does attendance, He is usually goofy at the beginning of class to get your attention. I got good grades, but others had average. Take him. Time consuming but worth it.

11/09/2014
good
ENG341 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Would take again" "Get ready to read" "Hilarious"

GREAT prof. If you don't read at LEAST half of the required reading, you're gonna bone yourself. If you have a chance to take a class with either him or his wife (before they retire) DO SO!!!

02/01/2014
good
ENG 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Baumlin expected a lot, but he's the kind of professor who is so good you want to do your best. I took this class honors and there are five papers and several shorter assignments. He's a fairly easy grader, but there is a fair bit of work involved for a 110 class.

01/10/2014
good
ENG 235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. B was easily the best English teacher I have ever had. I learned so much from him. His classes were always interesting and he cares about his students. Pop quizzes are given randomly so going to class is important. I definitely recommend him! Take him if you can you will learn a lot!

12/13/2013
ENG543 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

His class is never boring. However his lectures are not particularly well organized and he does sometimes talk at length about things that don't pertain to the topic at hand. It's difficult to discern what he wants on his tests.

10/30/2013
good

Interesting professor, talks about some off-the-wall things and is fairly funny. You will learn *tons* in his class. Use lots of quotes.

10/03/2013
ENG 543 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Mixed feelings about this one. Gives fun lectures and sometimes appears to do so without any real sense of direction. He's obviously brilliant and expects that to be enough to carry him through the days he doesn't have a plan. Is occasionally abrupt and is probably unaware that he's rude. He grades with a fair hand.

08/20/2013
good
Eng 287 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A+

Dr. Baumlin is a fabulous professor and a great man. He is so wise, and I learned so much from him and his experiences. tough class, but very rewarding and he is VERY helpful. If you are looking for a class to learn and to get something out of, take Dr. Baumlin.

01/22/2013
good
ENG001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This would be my third class with Dr. B. He is my absolute favorite professor. He brought my writing to a whole new level and made me feel wiser.He is so lively. I wake up from my nap,go to his class groggy, and by the time I leave I am wide awake and excited! Wonderful professor! True Scholar!

12/04/2012
good
Eng287 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Baumlin has so many wonderful perspectives and outlooks on life. I felt as if I was in a philosophy class more then anything. Pretty easy on grading tests and papers, however, in my class we read 5 novels. That's the only downfall. I would recommend him to any english major! Extremely enlightening!

11/16/2012
good
ENG287 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I've had Dr. Baumlin twice. He has been such an influence on my academic and personal thinking. He is a fabulous and profound man. I will warn you, if you are not an English major... Take someone else! As an English major, though, he is one of the greatest minds that you can encounter and work with.

05/20/2012
good
ENG235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took ENG 235 in 2004, my 2nd semester of college, & Jim Baumlin stands out in my mind as being as one of the biggest influences on my thinking & personal evolution. I remember being completely engrossed in class, my mind racing to bend itself around concepts and ideas that I'd never considered before. Don't miss a chance to learn from this man.

05/02/2012
good
ENG235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The man is a true scholar. Insanely smart and funny. The work can be a challenge but he has good advice and helps steer papers in the right direction during critiques. Sometimes class can get bogged down in discussions that aren't necessarily related to the material, but at least you learn something no matter what.

12/10/2011
ENG110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is interesting as a person, just not a very good teacher. I took English 110 expecting to learn the ins and outs of writing in college, and we talked more about philosophy and art than English. Like I said, nice guy, but not useful for the classes he is teaching.

11/09/2011
ENG110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is a true scholar. He will help guide you to being a better writer, but you will also have to put in your share of work too. He does grade sort of generously on papers if it really seems like you did your best. Could be more clear but hey not bad.

11/04/2011
good
ENG235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He's so funny! Very knowledgeable and helpful. Only assignments were readings and required papers since it's a lit. analysis class. Grades... medium I guess. He's not easy, but not a harda** either. Make sure to do the readings b/c he has quizzes every once in a while. Offers points for attendance at occasional ENG Dept readings. Not often though.

08/14/2011
GEP101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Okay, he's a nice guy but he made absolutely no sense. The GEP101 class was a waste of time. We talked about random stuff like auras and Eastern medicine. He gave a lot of online quizzes (which are easy to miss or forget about). Not a difficult class but certainly a pointless one.

04/17/2011
good
ENG110H Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Awkwardly funny, always pushing the bounds and had a very free and discussion based class. If you actually put effort into your papers (the only assignments you have) he'll respect you and you do well.

12/30/2010
good
GEP101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

AWESOME TEACHER! Would definitely recommend him! If you have to take GEP take it with him! Very easy course and I learned a lot about myself.