in Missouri State University that teach English Edit
are you James Baumlin?
A+

02/01/2014
good
ENG 110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Baumlin expected a lot, but he's the kind of professor who is so good you want to do your best. I took this class honors and there are five papers and several shorter assignments. He's a fairly easy grader, but there is a fair bit of work involved for a 110 class.

01/10/2014
good
ENG 235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. B was easily the best English teacher I have ever had. I learned so much from him. His classes were always interesting and he cares about his students. Pop quizzes are given randomly so going to class is important. I definitely recommend him! Take him if you can you will learn a lot!

12/13/2013
ENG543 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

His class is never boring. However his lectures are not particularly well organized and he does sometimes talk at length about things that don't pertain to the topic at hand. It's difficult to discern what he wants on his tests.

10/30/2013
good

Interesting professor, talks about some off-the-wall things and is fairly funny. You will learn *tons* in his class. Use lots of quotes.

10/03/2013
ENG 543 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Mixed feelings about this one. Gives fun lectures and sometimes appears to do so without any real sense of direction. He's obviously brilliant and expects that to be enough to carry him through the days he doesn't have a plan. Is occasionally abrupt and is probably unaware that he's rude. He grades with a fair hand.

08/20/2013
good
Eng 287 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A+

Dr. Baumlin is a fabulous professor and a great man. He is so wise, and I learned so much from him and his experiences. tough class, but very rewarding and he is VERY helpful. If you are looking for a class to learn and to get something out of, take Dr. Baumlin.

01/22/2013
good
ENG001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This would be my third class with Dr. B. He is my absolute favorite professor. He brought my writing to a whole new level and made me feel wiser.He is so lively. I wake up from my nap,go to his class groggy, and by the time I leave I am wide awake and excited! Wonderful professor! True Scholar!

12/04/2012
good
Eng287 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Baumlin has so many wonderful perspectives and outlooks on life. I felt as if I was in a philosophy class more then anything. Pretty easy on grading tests and papers, however, in my class we read 5 novels. That's the only downfall. I would recommend him to any english major! Extremely enlightening!

11/16/2012
good
ENG287 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I've had Dr. Baumlin twice. He has been such an influence on my academic and personal thinking. He is a fabulous and profound man. I will warn you, if you are not an English major... Take someone else! As an English major, though, he is one of the greatest minds that you can encounter and work with.

05/20/2012
good
ENG235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took ENG 235 in 2004, my 2nd semester of college, & Jim Baumlin stands out in my mind as being as one of the biggest influences on my thinking & personal evolution. I remember being completely engrossed in class, my mind racing to bend itself around concepts and ideas that I'd never considered before. Don't miss a chance to learn from this man.