Paul Fernandez at Valencia College-East and West Campus

Paul Fernandez

Number of ratings 75 / Average Grade:  C Submit a correction

5/1/14

MAC 2311

Took the hybrid class and you have to teach yourself everything. Weekly quizzes in class and he is not very good at explaining. Barely passed the class.

4/9/14

MAC-1140

RUN AWAY !!! I loved math my whole life and (No Thanks) to Mr Fernandez changed my mind about it . Previous comments are right about him not helping ,When you ask him a question his answer "Read the book". He expect that you have no life, job or other classes ,so you will get around 90 question plus 2-3 quizzes WEEKLY .

12/19/13

bad professor just don't take his class trust me. very long tests, a lot of homework and the book is completely useless. I'm very good at math and I love to study it as well, but this man just don't know how become a professor.

7/16/13

MAC1105

I Asked professor a simple question to explain something even if it was with another example and he responded that he can not answer for me... When clearly I was asking for a example.. sadly if you think an online class will give you more time it won't, especially if the teacher does not care get ready to spend time figuring things out on your own.

4/23/13

MAC 1114

I do not recommend taking an online trigonometry class, unless you have an insane amount of time available to glue yourself to the book. I am usually very good at math, but I struggled to even get a B this time. The professor did encourage me to talk to him if I had any problems, though, so it's not his fault. This class would be better as hybrid.

12/6/12

MAC1105

The class itself and the homework is easy if you read the textbook. Online classes for math require self teaching. The math program, Maple TA, regularly crashes, even during tests on campus. And you have to pay careful attention to the questions because each answer has to be submitted in a different way.

11/24/12

MAC1105

Took this class online & thought it was going to be a breeze. There is lots of reading and examples to help you. No textbook but you will need the Labcode. All tests are at the testing center. Each test has a section with a calculator and one without, so know your stuff. This professor is very communicative and sends lots of emails.

7/23/12

MAC1105

The online class was very easy to navigate, my class used the MML code. The reading was okay - but the videos were really what helped. The professor was available for help if stuck, but also recommended some great website that gave more examples. The study guides and pp's helped w/ tests and you can can take an optional final to raise your grade.

7/15/12

MAC1105

Prof. Paul Fernandez is the most caring Prof. I have ever met!!! You can take your quizzes twice and highest grade count!!! Study guide is very helpful!!! Always answers your questions...IT's an online class, the best!!! He is always there for you!!!

5/14/12

MAC1114

WORST professor at Valencia College he won't care about the students and act like if you already know everything in he class awful accent and really awkward jokes honestly this class was one of the worst experiences of my life

1/2/12

Mac1105

I took College Allegbra online and in this matter you must work on you own; however, the mac online program is great and I think it is almost better than an onsite class, though you can rewind.The professor itself is ok. The tests are different from the study guide, but if you make the effort to understand you will be fine. You teach yourself!

8/8/11

MAC1105

I took his ONLINE class. He was extremely helpful. Sent out emails almost on a daily basis to remind us on HW, tests and upcoming tests. Took the test on-site, but that was absolutely OK. Great professor, great class! I would take his class again.

4/24/11

TrigOnli

Took class online. Hard since you have to practically teach yourself but he was there to answer any questions i had. He is very nice and available to answer any questions you may have. Class has online hw and 4 tests (including final) on campus but it you do the work it should be fine.

3/29/11

CALC3

Honestly worst teacher I've ever had and he's totally arrogant. He doesn't explain anything his notes are on a power point he doesn't work out any problems and he doesn't let you use a calculator and you can't even understand his notes because he never show any steps he just writes the question and the answer. Seriously I'm an A B student and I did great in calc 2 but this guy is nearly impossible. They even changed the text to a way more confusing book so it's really hard to teach yourself

1/4/11

MAC1114

After reading some of the previous reviews, I was definitely terrified of being stuck with this class but he turned out to be not so bad.His instructions were pretty clear and I thought he did a good job teaching the material. I do suggest to do the hw because that's where he copy all of the quiz questions from!

12/16/10

MAC1114

This professor is the worst.Took trig online and nothing in the practice problems were on the test.He is very arrogant and doesn't care at all about his students success.I had an emergency situation during the semester and he didn't follow any of the promises in his syllabus about replacing a missed test with the finals score and left me 1% short.

12/1/10

Trig1114

One of the worst math teahcers I've ever had. You are given a quiz every day at the beginning of class on the class befores work, which doesnt give time to learn the material. Quizes are added up and count as a test grade, book also sucks as with the program it uses for online work

10/11/10

MAC1105

Took this course online.It was horrible. The info in the study guide & homework are not the material that are covered on the tests. I had a tutor & studied about 4 hours per day & 8-12 hrs on Sat. Finished with 79.33 but he would not give me the extra 2/3rds of a point to make it a B!Absurd!I usually make A's pretty easily. Find another prof!

10/11/10

MAC1105

Took this course online.It was horrible. The information in the study guide & homework are not the material that are covered on the tests. I had a tutor & studied about 4 hours per day & 8-12 hrs on Sat. Finished with 79.33 but he would not give me the extra 2/3rds of a point to make it a B!Absurd!I usually make A's pretty easily. Find another prof

6/13/10

MAC1105

love this professor. Currenntly enrolled in online class... the coursework is hard no matter who teaches it, but he is crystal clear and incredibly helpful. Really nice guy... if he teaches any other courses I need for my degree I will gladly take the ones he teaches.

More Mathematics professors at Valencia College-East and West Campus