Beena Achhpal at Southern Connecticut State University

Beena Achhpal

Number of ratings 30 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

1/10/14

EDU539

Beginning of semester: "Aw her accent is really cute; she's really hilarious!" Middle: "Oh my God she's overloaded us and is so unclear!!! End: "Oh, I got a better grade than I thought!" Bottom line: DO ALL THE READINGS, TYPE UP EVERYTHING SHE SAYS IN CLASS AND USE IT IN YOUR PAPERS, AND YOU WILL GET AN A.

5/26/11

EDU414

Beena is great. If you participate in class and try your best she will help you and respect you. She is not rude what so ever. I think beena is one of the best educators at southern. She may be a bit unorganized but she tells you that right at the beginning of the semester. she is willing to let you do rewrites and helps always!

12/19/10

Edu414

Worst teacher at southern. She is incredibly rude. I learned nothing in this class. I do not know how she is still allowed to teach. She is very disorganized and it is impossible to know what to do to get a good grade. And as I said VERY rude

12/6/10

EDU414

Take another teacher, trust me! She is CONFUSING, no one ever knows what she wants. The tests are essays and stupid. She says not to worry about them because they are only worth a small percentage, then she spends the majority of class time telling us how poorly we did. Stressful, annoying, pointless! She never ends class on time either.

12/28/09

EDU539

Beena is a fun person outside of class. She tells hysterical and relevant stories of her family life. She does not follow her syllabus and her lectures often wander aimlessly and it was often hard to stay awake in class. She gets really annoyed if you are late or if you use your phone. But if you do the work she's a fair grader.

11/5/09

EDU539

Beena is a wonderful person outside of the classroom, inside the classroom she's disorganized, frustrating, and doesn't relay the information correctly. she's a hard grader and you don't always know exactly what she wants from you. I thought it was a waste of money and time spent in that class

5/21/09

EDU414

Beena is a very nice professor. Yes she is unorganized at times and changes the dates that papers are due but if you are unsatisfied with your grade, she will let you re-write it. She is also very understanding and although some of the topics are very repetitive, and boring, I didn't mind taking the class because of how accommodating she is.

5/14/09

EDU539

As others have stated Beena is a nice lady. She knows her stuff, but has a difficult time relaying it. Her teaching is disorganized and frustrating. It is difficult to tell what she is looking for in assignments.

5/9/09

edu414

Nice person, as a teacher unorganized, changes assignments and leaves us all guessing when it is due, and what it is she wants. This is the only class this semester that makes me so frustrated. She grades unfairly; plays favorites. Time in her class is used unwisely. I walk out knowing nothing. The use of "you people" is condescending.

3/26/09

edu01

beena is amazing and is so much fun. loves to talk about india but has great stories.

12/29/08

EDU539

Beena is an incredibly nice person who has good intentions, but is disorganized. I wouldn't take her as an elective, I had to as a requirement. Class was not hard, her english is sometimes difficult to understand.

10/26/08

EDU206

She just isn't organized and has no clue what's going on!

10/20/08

edu414

disregard that last comment. i am taking her this semester, and yes she is rather unorganized, but the content of the course is legit and there is no quizzes or tests and only one paper. you'd be crazy not to get less than a B in her class. soo easy!

10/19/08

EDU414

She is SOOOOOOO UNORGANIZED AND THE CLASS IS A WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY!!!!!!

5/29/07

eduedu

Avoid her if you can.

5/12/07

EDU206

Avoid her if u can, hard to understand,picks her favorite from the beginning if you aren't good luck I went to every class yet still was yelled at for not turning something in which I had talked to her about. She threatened to kick me out of the program. She makes me want to drop out of Southern

4/28/07

edu206

She is nice..but you can hardly understand her...she rumbles and rumbles and rumbles! She doesnt do anything that captivates your attention. she always says "you people" like we're weirdos or something! but shes ok!

2/23/07

EduIntr

The worst teacher I have ever had. The class seemed to dwindle down one by one after each week. It seemed like everyone was dropping the class.. and I did as well. I would never take a class with her ever.

12/5/06

EDUEDU

Beena's class was a good class. She is very nice and not to hard of a grader. She gives no tests.

11/27/06

advisment

She told me to take 2 classes that I did not need for my program, and I lost a semester because of it. She told me that she would fix it in the system and never did. I went over her head and the edu dept told me there was nothing I could do, and I had to take the correct 2 courses. Added 6 months to my grad date and a semester of classes.

More Education professors at Southern Connecticut State University