in Bentley University that teach English Edit
at Bentley University, Waltham, MA
are you Thomas Finn?

10/30/2014
good
016 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Tough Grader" "Pop quiz master" "Gives good feedback"

He is a really passionate speaker, but he is a hard grader. Also, he gives an absurd amount of in-class work and you have to read every night!

07/10/2013
good
EXP 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great guy, great class, He is a very hard grader on papers but in general has an exciting interacting class. I would recommend taking him and I am not a great writer or the best student, but I still got a solid 3.0 for the semester.

04/18/2013
good
EXP101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Finn is an interesting teacher and I enjoyed being in class, he tells it like it is. However he is an extremely tough grader, who is very upfront about it, so don't expect to take this class and come out with a good grade

04/08/2013
good
EXPO 1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

enjoy going to all the classes, great professor. He gave me a 2.3 at the end of the semester, I still like him a lot for some reason. really confused now...

12/16/2012
good
EXP101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Really great professor. If you want to be a better writer definitely take this class. It is not an easy class though, he grades essays pretty harshly but he's very willing to help. He gives pop quizzes so do the reading. Don't take this class if you're just looking for an easy grade.

12/03/2012
EXP101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dont Take Him. Did not help me at all just kept writing notes on my essay that makes no sense to me.

11/07/2012
EXP101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

DO NOT TAKE !! if you just want a easy writing class he makes you work hard for a writing class in a business school. expects expos to be your first priority

09/14/2011
good
EXP101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Finn is mad funny but he gives out pop reading quiz occasionally so be sure to do your reading. But he is definitely one of the best professors I have at Bentley.

12/23/2010
good
EXP101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

If you want to become a better writer, definitely take him! As long as you take his advice during conferences and work hard on the revision, you'll do fine. Do not take him if you don't care about writing because it is a hard class.

12/01/2010
good
EXP101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I thought I was a really good writer going into the class. I got a D on my first paper, worked really hard on the second and got an A. With this said, if you work hard and follow what he wants to see in the papers, you can do well but it is not easy.

11/18/2010
good
Exp101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I absolutely loved him. He is a difficult grader but i still got a 3.7. If you want to actually enjoy an expos class, i would recommend him to anyone. Just put a effort in and you'll do fine.

11/15/2010
good
exp101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I really enjoyed this class. All through high school I hated english but this class changed my thoughts. He is an awesome teacher and helps the students a lot. He is always at his office hours and will set up individual meetings if needed. My writing went from terrible to really good. Hard grade but if you want to improve writing take his class.

05/31/2010
good
EXP101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

cool teacher, but hard grader. really liked the class, and felt it made me a much better writer, but my grade was still terrible in the end. Take him if you want to become a better writer, but don't take him if you are looking for an easy exp class.

12/15/2009
good
EXP101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Cool guy. I liked him a lot better before I saw my grades. If you're looking for the easy 4.0 or are not a good writer, and I mean damn good, I don't recommend taking this class.

10/28/2009
good
EXP101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great professor! Definitely hard to get a 4.0, so don't take him if you want an easy 4.0 Although, if you are looking to actually learn something and want to challenge yourself, take his class!

06/03/2009
good

I learned alot from this professor. Originally I was going to switch out of his class because of the comments. However, I am very glad I stayed. Great Teacher--but you will be expected to work hard. His class is worth the effort, DEFINITELY take him if you would like to ACTUALLY LEARN and work on your writing skills!

01/25/2009
good
exp101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

grades kind of hard but best teacher i have had at bentley thus far. His hard grading is far surpassed by his passion and teaching ability. If you pay attention then by the last paper you will be able to get an A.

12/27/2008

Nice guy overall. I actually enjoyed going to the classes. The only bad thing about him is the grading. I turned in multiple rough drafts to him on essays then fixed up things that the corrected, yet it never seemed to be good enough for him. Reading assignments were really short which was nice and we did some fun activities in class

05/08/2008
good
EXP101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Very hard grader, meets with you after each rough draft, and even with your revisions gives you a C or B. Our class was discussing him during SETS and only one person had gotten an A after completing 2 papers each. You learn a lot if you want to, he is very nice and very passionate, just a real tough grader.

04/28/2008

He is definitely rude, arrogant and can be downright disrespectful to his students. Tries to be a lot more cool and hip than he can pull off considering how uptight he is. Not too bad a class, and you can learn a lot, but don't expect a good grade unless you work very hard for it and deal with his attitude.