in Oregon State University that teach Geography Edit
at Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
are you Demian Hommel?

11/21/2014
good
GEO 296 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: Not sure yet
"Respected by students" "Would take again" "Hilarious"

Demian is a fantastic guy who really loves teaching. He will always go the extra mile to make sure you get what you need from the class. Trust me when I say that this is a field course you need to take.

10/26/2014
good
Geo 300 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Amazing lectures" "Hilarious" "Respected by students"

Great Class and great teacher

07/02/2014
good
Geo300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Hands down, best class I've taken at OSU. Thinking is mandatory!

06/08/2014
good
Geo 300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very good Instructor. He always entertained the class and I learned a lot from him. His presentations were fun and were always different. Grading was a little funny but that's because he had to use another instructors grading methods. Peace.

06/03/2014
good
GEO 329 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

At the beginning this class was not what I expected, but it only took one day for me to be hooked! This is one of the most enjoyable classes I have taken! The content of the class is interesting, but my favorite part if the class was Professor Hommel's unique incite to the class and geography as a whole! I loved it and highly recommend his classes!

03/30/2014
good
GEO 106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very nice guy with tons of knowledge. Has actually visited the places learned. Tests were extremely easy. I got a 100% on both the midterm and the final. The topics learned are actually interesting with quest speakers.

03/08/2014
good
GEO 329 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Demian is a great professor and his class is very different. There is no Midterms/Final and all you need to do is the assignments(presentation, papers). However, you may learn a lot from doing the assignments. For example, I learned a lot about my hometown while doing research. Overall, it's a good class and he's very helpful even outside of class.

02/25/2014
good
geo 350 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B+

Demian Hommel is one of the most original and engaging professors I have had in my long college career. every part of my experience was enjoyable and I found myself becoming more and more interested in the course material with each passing class. Would jump at the chance to take any of his classes.

02/24/2014
good
GEO329 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

His class is unconventionally structured but for this reason I got a lot out of it. We watched a lot of videos and had discussions about connections rather than memorizing facts. Honestly, I have learned more about "where and why" in this class then my History classes. I highly recommend the class.

02/11/2014
Geo 329 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Demian is a very nice guy who cares about his students. Its nice to not have due dates on assignments. The class days was pretty much watching videos and then discussing so if you like that format this class is for you. I felt bad actually because every day 20+ students wouldn't show up to class. There is also a presentation you have to give

02/06/2014
good
Geo 329 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Unlike a normal geography class which can be a simple memorize maps class this class explores the why things are the way they are and where things are the places they are.I have found this to be a very interesting class so far and the best part is that everything is at your own pace turn things in when you want to I would highly recommend the class

01/29/2014
Geo 329 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Found his class to be very unstructured, unclear, and miserable. Time was spent watching ted talks videos on world war 2. Haven't learned any geography on the US & Canada which is disappointing for students that want to learn geography. No real clear teaching, assignments are unclear and a presentation is required. Would not recommend his class.

01/01/2014
good
Geo350 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Geo350 was one of my favorite classes ever. Very innovative. Highly recommended.

12/18/2013
good
Geo106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A

I liked Geo106. I felt like we covered so much more than my other classes. The tests were hard but lecture was interesting. Recitation not so much.

12/06/2013
GEO106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

The book was fun, but Hommel sucked at teaching. He just didn't give a lot of info and I felt so unprepared for the tests. He was also kinda cocky and tried to act "cool".

11/29/2013
good
GEO 326 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This has been my favorite course so far, Demian is awesome! I would take one of his courses again in a heartbeat! If you do the reading and participate in discussions you're sure to get an A!

06/05/2013
good
geo 106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This class was a lot of work for a 100 level. Quizes every two weeks and lots of outside work mandatory to do well. Prof, Hommel is funny and engaging and makes class interesting. HOWEVER, the tests are pretty hard for a 100 level course. Wouldn't classify it as an easy A...maybe an easy B. Attendance is basically mandatory for recitation.

05/23/2013
GEO 326 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

The online class with him is unbearable. He has us read WAY too much and take notes on basically everything in the book (or else you won't do good on the quizzes at all). Ain't nobody got time for that! I feel like we were just told to read and memorize every little detail from the book. There was no teaching involved.

04/28/2013
good
GEO106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Hommel is awesome. He's a really funny professor and very engaging. He sometimes goes off topic and the class assignments/expectations can sometimes be a bit fuzzy (as well as the grading scale for tests), but overall it was a very good class. And the Plaid Avenger textbook was awesome!

03/31/2013
good

Professor likes to take different approach than boring lecture & map quizzes. He entertains the class with his slides and interest. Recommend class with him. Easy 1 page essay each week with him.