in University of Utah that teach Mathematics Edit
Margarita Cummings
at University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
are you Margarita Cummings?
B
12/13/2014
good
Math 1050 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A
"There for you" "Would take again" "Amazing lectures"

She is AMAZING! There is no one else like her, she is passionate, funny, and so nice. I have always done poorly in math (I have dropped 2 separate 1050 courses because I just didn't understand) and was hoping I could make it through this one. I ended up LOVING math, and am taking more bc of her. She reviews a lot and really is the best EVER.

11/17/2014
good
1050-001 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A
"There for you" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Clear grading criteria"

I have had bad math teachers my whole life and was tentative going into this class based on passed experiences but this Professor changed my perspective of math completely. She is great at explaining things on a simple easy to understand level and goes through examples in various ways knowing that each student learns a little differently.

09/30/2014
good
1050 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"There for you" "Skip class? You won't pass."

Amazing Professor and truly is there to help you!!!!

05/05/2014
good
MATH 1050 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Seriously the best math teacher I have ever had. She was super fun and helpful. If you go to class and pay attention, you will get a good grade. The tests are majority of your grade, but if you understand the material and go to class, you will get a good grade on the tests.

04/07/2014
good
MATH 1050-001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B+

She is so helpful and truly cares about your success in the class. Hands down the best math teacher I have had at the University. If your taking Math 1050 try to get her as your teacher!!

03/27/2014
good

I hated math until Maggie's class. She explained it so clearly and gives you lots of review. By far the best teacher on campus. She is funny,kind and obviously cares about how the students are learning. Don't take 1050 from anyone else.

03/26/2014
good
Math 1050 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She gives you a pdf file so that you can print off the book instead of buying one. Shes extremely helpful and explains the problems so that anyone could understand. Going to the class will improve your grade and if you need more help she will find time after class to help you. She responds quickly to your emails.

12/20/2013
good
Math 1050 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Margarita's course was a smashing success

11/22/2013
good
MATH 1050 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love her class!!! She explains a very tricky topic to the point that it gets super easy! I never had any problems in her class, never really even had to open a book. Attending her lecture and SIs was more that enough. Plus she would make you laugh like crazy. awesome teacher!

11/15/2013
good
Math 1050 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-

LOVE this professor. Always willing to work with you and always has an open mind about teaching in different ways. If you don't understand the problem she'll teach it a different way until you understand. I have never loved a math class until I went to hers! I can tell she loves teaching too!

11/11/2013
good
Math 1050 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Really thorough professor. She responds to emails and is always willing to help. She is down to earth and if you attend class and seek extra help, I promise you will get an A in her class. I hated math before this class, but now I enjoy the process of math all due to Maggie.

03/03/2013
good
Math 1050 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

VERY good math teacher. You just have to go to class and you will do good on tests. She gives thorough reviews and is ALWAYS willing to help. Has a great personality that keeps you intrigued all class. My best class this semester and I thought I didn't like Math.