Bill Ackerman at Ohio State University

Bill Ackerman

Number of ratings 15 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

1/18/13

GEOG120

I took this class during Dr A's last quarter on this campus. The class was quite difficult, and the material is kind of confusing, but Dr A tries hard to explain and he is passionate about it.

11/3/11

GEOG120

Dr. Ackerman always has great little anecdotes, which may or may not tie into what he is teaching. He has high expectations for his students, and puts in as much effort as he expects of his students. I love his teaching style, and if I get the chance, I will take more of his classes.

6/28/11

200H0

As one of Dr A's favorite students, I have nothing but good things to say about him and his classes. I liked his 200H class so much that I took 120H and 240 just because he was the professor. I loved working with him and he helped me so much while I was at OSU Lima. I recommend getting to know him.

2/5/09

Geo650

Ackerman is one of the sweetest teachers in the history of the world. He is very fair and very funny. If you put forth the effort, you will get an A in his class. I therefore suggest that you take all of your Geography courses with him. Even his Geography 650 class was awesome.

11/12/08

GEO657

I love Wild Bill Ackerman. He is the greatest thing to happen to Ohio State since the formation of its Football Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6/11/08

GEOG120

What a wonderful professor. He was very helpful and kept our interest in a very boring subject.

6/10/08

awesome guy

5/8/07

HGeo200

Simply amazing!

1/5/06

GEOG H200

A great teacher who expects good work, but is very fair. He didn't win the Alumni teaching award for nothing; I ended up really enjoying the class, which was as much as surprise to me as anyone. Be forewarned, if you take the honors section, be prepared to do a lot of essays.

11/19/05

Geog 650

An enjoyable class, but one that should not be taken lightly (one of the few 600 series classes offered in Lima). Ackerman is a washed up cowboy, but a funny one at that, and he pretty much knows his stuff. Beware, he does have his opinions already forged and pretty much thinks that everyone else is wrong.

9/23/05

Geography

5/10/05

Geography 200

Awesome Professor

2/13/05

Geo 120

he was so excited about his class.

2/24/04

Geography

Rater Interest

Very enthusiastic - he knows what he's talking about!

2/14/04

Geog 650

Rater Interest

Many years (3) after I graduated I still remember Dr. Billy-Bob. Keep up the good work Doc. CB.

More Geography professors at Ohio State University

It looks like this department doesn't have many professors on RateMyProfessors.com. Add a new professor to this school!