Thomas G Carty at Hillsborough Community College (all campuses)

Thomas G Carty

Number of ratings 19 / Average Grade:  B+ Submit a correction

2/24/14

MAC2311

Grade ReceivedB

My favorite thing about Professor Carty was that he really understands what you're saying. I prefer the book I'm using at USF for Calc 3, Essential Calculus by Stewart, to the full-fledged version we used in Calc 2 with Carty. Some of the material was dumbed down in Calc 2. We really just learned memorizing a formula and churning out solutions.

12/9/13

MAT-0018

He is an awesome professor he lets you make up tests you missed, grades homework, but makes sure everyone understands the material. I definitely recommend him.

12/7/13

MAC-2312

Grade ReceivedC

Professor Carty is a great professor and guy. I didn't take Calculus in 5 years but he stayed patient with me and explained things after his 8pm class. I work 50hrs a week. He was very understanding to that. Take this professor for every math related course. He is sharp.

12/5/13

MAC 2312

I cant say enough good things about Professor Carty. It had been a few years since Calc 1 for me and Mr Carty was very understanding and more than helpful through the process. He is always ready go above and beyond for his students. He is also very aware of the difficulty in working full time and going to school.

11/16/13

Grade ReceivedA-

Mr. Carty is AWESOME! He takes time in explaining things and doesn't make you feel stupid for asking questions. His grading is great too. He takes off half points say if you set the problem up right but add wrong. I will be taking him in all math classes untill I can't anymore. He is very great at what he does and an all around great guy!

8/18/13

MAT1033

Mr. Carty is an EXCELLENT teacher. He will go above and beyond to make sure you understand the material. I took a 6 week accelerated summer course (after being out of school for 13 years) and received an A in his class. He met with me on his day off for 2.5 hours to help me. I absolutely recommend him!

7/5/13

MAT0028MGF-1106

Extremely thorough,well organized, patient, kind. Drops lowest test & h/w grade. Easy to understand. EASY A!, even if you are not a math genius! STRONGLY STRONGLY..HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

5/22/13

mgf-1106

Awesome teacher! Very easy to understand and follow. Does not mind explaining things in different ways to make sure you understand. Would take all my math classes with him if I could.

5/6/13

MAC 2311

He sub'd in after Dr. Hardesty got promoted. He did an A+ job teaching the rest of the course! Extremely easy to contact if help was needed, takes the time to answer any questions you have, reviews for tests, and he even gave us points on the tests if majority of the class got a question wrong. A+ teacher!

1/15/13

mat0018

very helpful, made sure the topic was understood before moving on. hands on professor. easy to talk to, homework was a breeze overrall great teacher.

1/6/13

MAT0018

Take Him. Helps w everything, very understandable and respectable.

6/8/12

MAT0028

I loved this professor! I put off math until the end of my degree because I was so bad at it (or so I thought). I walked away from his class actually enjoying math as well as understanding it! He breaks it down so that it is very easy to comprehend. This teacher will go above and beyond what others do, he will match the time you devote to the subject. I am so sad that he is not teaching 1033. Warning this is not a class where you will just be handed an A (only a few actually received that grade) but you will walk away knowing the material! If you are not good at math TAKE HIM!

5/16/12

math1028

loved him....oe of my favorite math teachers yet....got an A....very easy to understand and good teacher at explaining

5/9/12

Mat1028

Decent professor. He will try to help you. Very strict! With showing work. Final counts as 20% of grade. I would look else where if looking for an A. His only down fall is he sometime rushes through lectures.

4/30/12

MAT0028

Carty is a fair and awesome professor. He not only provides great classroom instruction but offers up time, when needed, to help with extra reviews and such. His online material is superb and I could not have asked for a better instructor. Would recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent math instructor. He is very down to earth.

3/12/12

MAT1033

No nonsense instructor, firm but fair. Does grade tests hard and will take off points for trivial things. Does try his best to ensure you understand the material. If you need to learn/understand the material take him. Does not handout A's.

2/22/12

MAT1028

This guy is outstanding. During my time in his class I had 2 deaths in the family. He took his personal time sometimes outside of office hours to get me up to speed for the final. My grade of "C" was due to not beeing able to catch up on all homework. I hate math but his presentation is very clear.

2/15/12

Alg0028

Carty takes his job seriously. He goes over homework questions at the beginning of each class and tries to help you understand. Grades very hard on exam's though. He does not just hand out A's. I was one of only a few of my classmates who received that marking. If you want to understand the material take him if you want an easy A look elsewhere

12/16/11

MAT0024

Best math teacher ever! Super nice and makes math easy to learn. He is a very good explainer too. Does not like texting and loud foods in class hahah, but I would definitely say take him if you need MAT0024!!!

More Mathematics professors at Hillsborough Community College (all campuses)

1.9