in Hillsborough Community College (all campuses) that teach Mathematics Edit
B+

08/07/2014
good
MGF 1106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Carty is truly a phenomenal teacher. His real-life experiences and teaching ability made this class very enjoyable. His thoroughness in explaining the homework/examples/tests was exceptional. I would not hesitate for a moment to take another class from him.

06/23/2014
good
mgf1106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

This dude is awesome got my first A in a math class in years, make sure you do the homework and his reviews

04/30/2014
good
MAC1028 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B

By far the best teacher I've ever had. Very understanding, patient, and makes learning math bearable and at times enjoyable. If you have the chance do yourself a favor and take Professor Carty!

02/24/2014
good
MAC2311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B

My favorite thing about Professor Carty was that he really understands what you're saying. I prefer the book I'm using at USF for Calc 3, Essential Calculus by Stewart, to the full-fledged version we used in Calc 2 with Carty. Some of the material was dumbed down in Calc 2. We really just learned memorizing a formula and churning out solutions.

12/09/2013
good
MAT-0018 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is an awesome professor he lets you make up tests you missed, grades homework, but makes sure everyone understands the material. I definitely recommend him.

12/07/2013
good
MAC-2312 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: C

Professor Carty is a great professor and guy. I didn't take Calculus in 5 years but he stayed patient with me and explained things after his 8pm class. I work 50hrs a week. He was very understanding to that. Take this professor for every math related course. He is sharp.

12/05/2013
good
MAC 2312 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I cant say enough good things about Professor Carty. It had been a few years since Calc 1 for me and Mr Carty was very understanding and more than helpful through the process. He is always ready go above and beyond for his students. He is also very aware of the difficulty in working full time and going to school.

11/16/2013
good
0018 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A-

Mr. Carty is AWESOME! He takes time in explaining things and doesn't make you feel stupid for asking questions. His grading is great too. He takes off half points say if you set the problem up right but add wrong. I will be taking him in all math classes untill I can't anymore. He is very great at what he does and an all around great guy!

08/18/2013
good
MAT1033 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A

Mr. Carty is an EXCELLENT teacher. He will go above and beyond to make sure you understand the material. I took a 6 week accelerated summer course (after being out of school for 13 years) and received an A in his class. He met with me on his day off for 2.5 hours to help me. I absolutely recommend him!

07/05/2013
good
MAT0028MGF1106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Extremely thorough,well organized, patient, kind. Drops lowest test & h/w grade. Easy to understand. EASY A!, even if you are not a math genius! STRONGLY STRONGLY..HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

05/22/2013
good
mgf-1106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher! Very easy to understand and follow. Does not mind explaining things in different ways to make sure you understand. Would take all my math classes with him if I could.

05/06/2013
good
MAC 2311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He sub'd in after Dr. Hardesty got promoted. He did an A+ job teaching the rest of the course! Extremely easy to contact if help was needed, takes the time to answer any questions you have, reviews for tests, and he even gave us points on the tests if majority of the class got a question wrong. A+ teacher!

01/15/2013
good
mat0018 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

very helpful, made sure the topic was understood before moving on. hands on professor. easy to talk to, homework was a breeze overrall great teacher.

01/06/2013
good
MAT0018 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Take Him. Helps w everything, very understandable and respectable.

06/08/2012
good
MAT0028 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I loved this professor! I put off math until the end of my degree because I was so bad at it (or so I thought). I walked away from his class actually enjoying math as well as understanding it! He breaks it down so that it is very easy to comprehend. This teacher will go above and beyond what others do, he will match the time you devote to the subject. I am so sad that he is not teaching 1033. Warning this is not a class where you will just be handed an A (only a few actually received that grade) but you will walk away knowing the material! If you are not good at math TAKE HIM!

05/16/2012
good
math1028 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

loved him....oe of my favorite math teachers yet....got an A....very easy to understand and good teacher at explaining

05/09/2012
good
Mat1028 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Decent professor. He will try to help you. Very strict! With showing work. Final counts as 20% of grade. I would look else where if looking for an A. His only down fall is he sometime rushes through lectures.

04/30/2012
good
MAT0028 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Carty is a fair and awesome professor. He not only provides great classroom instruction but offers up time, when needed, to help with extra reviews and such. His online material is superb and I could not have asked for a better instructor. Would recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent math instructor. He is very down to earth.

03/12/2012
good
MAT1033 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

No nonsense instructor, firm but fair. Does grade tests hard and will take off points for trivial things. Does try his best to ensure you understand the material. If you need to learn/understand the material take him. Does not handout A's.

02/22/2012
good
MAT1028 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This guy is outstanding. During my time in his class I had 2 deaths in the family. He took his personal time sometimes outside of office hours to get me up to speed for the final. My grade of "C" was due to not beeing able to catch up on all homework. I hate math but his presentation is very clear.