John Nici at CUNY Queens College

John Nici

Number of ratings 66 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

8/22/13

004 Art History

Great Professor. I highly recommend his class. He knows his subject and you will learn a lot if you are interested in the arts. Study and you will be rewarded with the right grade.

6/21/13

ahist 101 102

one of the funniest professors! knows the material from A - Z, inspires to study and look deeper

5/21/13

arth 251

Best Art history professor I've ever have. He explain very detail and everything he says goes to the test. Tough grader but very helpful.

5/8/13

ACE004

He knows his stuff. I was never bored in his class although he isn't the most lenient grader (for the museum paper) - but he tells you exactly what you need to know for the exams and I truly learned so much from his class and have a deeper appreciation for the arts.

4/20/13

ARTH 246

Dropped his class midway b/c I failed his 1st exam. Gets WAY off topic for no reason. Done a lot of reading from the textbook to answer most of the question on the exam, small bits will be from his lecture &an essay that requires you to go to the museum. I'm a good student that does well so don't get me wrong, I just didn't understand his teaching.

4/14/13

This class requires studying and reading the text book, especially for the first 10 questions of tests. Otherwise, this particular section doesn't require memorizing dates which is pretty awesome. He is not only well versed but his classes are practically comedy shows as well. He always gets the class laughing no matter how dry the material is!

5/25/12

ACE004

I loved Professor Nici! At first I thought he was going to be mean and difficult, but it was actually the opposite. He has a dry sarcastic sense of humor (which is what I originally had mistaken for being mean) so I found him to be hilarious. His class is very straight-forward. He gives you all the info you need.. if you study, you'll pass. Simple.

4/28/12

ACE004

Art history is his world. The textbook is written by him. Not an easy subject which we hardly approach it in daily life. Museum visit is fun. Studying this subject gives me more idea to understand what I am looking at. Studying is hard. But at the end it's worth it. At least when I go to museum and gallery I can talk to my friends about art.

10/24/11

arthital

very sarcastic and rude. He is funny at times but not so pleasant. He is not a real art historian. unprofessional. nasty. talks like he knows everything.

5/21/11

ACE04

Professor Nici is funny and interesting. He wanted to sound tough, but he really isnt. He made me love art and I enjoyed his class very much. Do not hesitate to take him, he's terrific!

12/27/10

ARTH200

Terrible just terrible.Avoid his class like its the plague

7/9/10

ArtHi1

I remember him as a funny guy but with a weird attitude. Looking back, it seems he took my indifference to the lectures personally. He questioned my authorship of the term paper as if it was too good to have been written by me, and every time I approached him he responded very curtly. I would advise anyone taller than he is to stay away.

6/25/10

greekarth

not the best but relativly easy

4/12/10

ace004

nice guy but very demanding and difficult he only gives 2 test and covers way too much info, if you have other obligations, do not attend his class...

12/25/09

arth200

He is tough and funny. His sarcasm is his trademark so don't get offended. When it comes down to it, he is considerate and helpful. The study guide is a great help and so long as you study "till your eyes bleed" (his words) you will do great.If you don't like art history, you won't like his class-if you do, it will be one of your best classes ever!

10/22/09

ARTH200

he is HILARIOUS. seriously, his jokes are awesome. he's just a huge DICK. He's older so if he sees you with a phone or sudoku book he flips out like it's the end of the world. His jokes make it fun to pay attention though.

6/9/09

ACE004

Prof. Nici has a great sense of humor, which helps the otherwise boring lecture. He is fair and will meet with you after class if you need clarification. My only criticism is, that he covered too much and expected too much in a relatively short time. This wasn't beneficial, if this was your first exposure to Art History.

6/2/09

arteur

Wonderful professor but somewhat strict. fair grader and the test is from the lectures. don't be late to class and study. good luck!

1/21/09

HS12H

John Nici = best teacher ever I had him 4 English in hi school He made class interesting & fun He taught what was needed 4 u 2 pass the class He is deff not an easy teacher or grader but he nos wat 2 do 4 u 2 do ur best Although the class work is prob not the easiest if u do the work & put in some effort there will be no problem passing the class

1/4/09

ace004

I was so intimidated,at first! This was THE best course and THE best professor I've taken yet! Absolutely entertaining, interesting, informative...everything! Just great. Professor Nici is strict with tardiness but he teaches for the exams. excellent!!! A must!!!

More Art History professors at CUNY Queens College