in York University that teach Psychology Edit
at York University, Toronto, ON
are you Lisa Fiksenbaum?

08/11/2014
good
psyc2021 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I found some of the students didn't master basic math skills, perhpas they rely on their phones. Quite unfortunate. It created a very challenging learning environment as a lot of the time was spent on dealing with how to work with simple mathematical expressions. Prof and TAs tried their best but it was a very frustrating experience for all

08/08/2014
psych 2021 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

teacher was extremely rude and unhelpful. a lot of students in the class had to drop it because marks were too low and they were actually given their money back because so many of us either dropped or failed because of her teaching methods. assignments and exam were marked differently for the same questions and she would not give explanation of why

06/05/2014
good
Stats Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Lecture slides were clear and the went through the tests in a step by step fashion. We were constantly asked if we understood the matrial. If you didn't do well in the course, you prob didn't put in the effort or waited to the last minute to study. This is university, not high school.

06/03/2014
PSYC Stats Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Seems like everyone is very divided on her. Sadly I fell into the dislike group. I found her very unapproachable and rude to students - even publicly berating some! I think if people are this split, do not go with her! You could end up in the unlucky half. I thought because I am very very strong at math I'd be unaffected, however I got only an A.

04/28/2014
good
psyc3031 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very practical course. This course was not only a refresher of statistical methods, but it also taught me how to use spss to get the stats quickly. Great review of key cocnepts provided and there was a hands on segment for each class so we knew how to understand the output

04/28/2014
PSY2021 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Not helpful at all!Rude comments made in class and not willing to teach using blackboard to explain solutions

04/07/2014
good
PSYC 2021 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Excellent prof. Class environment however was ridiculous, students were self-entitled and clearly didnt study or read the text and took it out on the prof. Prof provided tutorial for learning and opportunities for tutoring, and class was well organized.

03/30/2014
good
PSYC 2021 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I thought Lisa was a great professor. Her lectures were clear and the tests and assignments were more than fair. Its not an easy class by any means and you have to put work into it but its definitely possible to do well. She tests for learning and application, not memorization. I would take another class with her in the future.

03/27/2014
good
Res meth Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Almost finished the course. I didn't think I would enjoy it as it is a required course but surprisingly I did. Very knowledgeable and fair instructor.

good
PSYC3031 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I am taking the course now. I was afraid that this would be a very difficult course after what I've heard about it from others who are supposedly good students. However, this class is very fair; the material is manageable and like with any class, read the textbook, review the lectures, and you will get a good grade. I find Lisa to be very helpful.

03/07/2014
PSYC3031 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I dont usually write review on prof even I got a bad mark (but I usually get A) But Lisa Fiksenbaum is an exception! I am trying to be objective at this point I was taking her 3031 on SPSS Her test was the worst especially short answer questions There is no clear instructions on what you are supported to write And 5 marks doesnt equal to 5 point

03/07/2014
Psyc2021 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Lisa is a horrible Prof.The professor is unapproachable, and condescending when asked to clarify discrepancies with textbook and class content. AVOID!!!!!!!!!!

02/28/2014
good

I wonder if students took math in highs school cuz they would ask the most ridiculous questions. They didn't know how to add simple numbers and whether they should multiple or add first. The course was not hard. Those that found it hard probably didn't read the book or attend lectures.

02/27/2014
Psych 2022 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I like stats but did not this prof, however I took the course W13. It seems it was a bad semester with her last winter, which it looks like is where all the negativity is coming from. Maybe she has learned from the past and improved her course, hence the newer positive comments? Just to add I had a perfect GPA besides this course. Take at own risk.

02/02/2014
good
Stats Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I'm taking the course now. She seems ok. She asks us repeatedly if we have any questions. We got the first assignment and it seems reasonable. I think those that complain don't take their courses seriously. This is university, not HS. Read the text and attend class and you should do ok.

02/02/2014
Stats 2022 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Stats was not a hard course for me personally, but that was not due to help received from Dr. Fiksenbaum. Her expectations for her assignments and tests are not clear or outlined. She did not respond to emails from students. I did not find her lectures engaging in the slightest. I found her class to be the worst I've experienced at York.

01/10/2014
good

Prof was crystal clear and fair. I got an a in the course. It is possible. You need to work and not stare Iinto space.

good
stats Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I'm currently taking the course and find it easy. She does a great job expalining the stuff to the class and constantly asks if we have any questions. those that find it hard are probably not doing any work and hoping for a miracle.

01/06/2014
psych 2022 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

she is a horrible teacher with a horrible personality. she is mean, and verbally cruel to her students should they ask a question in class. DO NOT TAKE THIS COURSE WITH HER! stats is amazing and something you should know, fiksenbaum will ruin it for you.

01/06/2014
Psyc2022 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

You need to work in this course. Don't try to fool yourself by slacking off. You need to know your stuff. You need to know how to use the formulas and why you are using them. High school math was grader than this course. Some people struggled but not sure why.