Steven Tissenbaum at Ryerson University

Steven Tissenbaum

Number of ratings 207 / Average Grade:  C+ Submit a correction

6/16/14

ENT526

He doesn't care about students at all. He is very unclear in instructions, does not provide feedback (or very little). I have a GPA of 3.8 and this is the worst class I have ever taken. Other profs who teach this course are much more interesting and helpful. Steve is a disgrace to Ryerson and should reconsider his career path. Avoid at all costs.

6/9/14

ENT 500

Grade ReceivedB-

He is not helpful at all. I did my assignment exactly the way that the past A+ paper he has post, but I receive a barely passing grade on my assignment. It takes forever for him to reply your email which no question has been answered. All I can say is do not take his class if you have a choice. Good Luck.

5/8/14

Bus800

He's a really nice guy. The course in general has a heavy workload. He's really concise so just follow his exact instructions and you'll do fine.

5/8/14

BUS800

Nice prof. Make sure to listen in class because he tells you exactly how he wants each section of the assignments done. Its important not to deviate from his instructions. The course itself takes a lot of work so be prepared.

4/10/14

BUS8--

He is VERY VERY specific when it comes to his assignment. Follow all his instruction to the T. Didn't give that much instruction but follow the guideline and use lots of data.

12/4/13

BUS800

Good luck. Very vague and useless instructions and for the cases he does not read them until after you hand them in...thats when he gives advice. Not prepared so asking questions about the work beforehand will get you no where. Read the book for the exam. Very blunt in his comments on your assignments (which are not legible.)

11/19/13

ENT500

Worst Prof I've had, he's so rude to anyone. He doesn't care about his students and he is very condescending. His TA knows and does more than he does. Useless.

10/20/13

BUS800

He's very intelligent. He should teach ENT courses as I had a good experience. I feel that he should not teach BUS800. I've been having very strong panic attacks after enrolling. I pray that I don't fall into an Abyss by the end of the class. Please for the love of God do not take the class if you're not used to feeling like a failure.

6/14/13

CENT 500

I was very disappointed about this course, when asking for clarity about an assignment I had to wait a few days for a one or two word answer. He would not explain why I was given the grades I was given and sent out rude class emails to respond to various students questions.

4/13/13

Bus 800

Steve has made me view business from a perspective I've never seen before...he's completely changed my mentality...and that is a good thing....I am 10x more prepared for the real world now because of STeve...he is not the easiest marker but by far he is the most influential person you will ever meet! you will learn A LOT! Steve's the best!!!!!!!

4/9/13

CENT500

I took this DE, perhaps he is better in person. I found him to be disinterested - just going through the motions.

10/25/12

BUS800

Everyone says that he's the worst, but I have yet to see what's so bad about him. Pretty relaxed guy and marks relatively easy. Be sure to participate in class even if what you have to say has nothing to do with the topic. Textbook isn't at all, but recommended you read chapters 10-12 for the second group assignment. The course is dry, prof is good

10/23/12

BUS800

Worst professor i've had - asked him to be a referee for my post grad as I had him for another course in which I got an A ... he refused as my BUS800 mark was not good enough to earn a reference from him ...

8/11/12

CENT500

The best course I have taken so far - very interesting, with a lot of real world examples. Steven wants you to succeed in his class, just follow the rubric guidelines, and you'll receive 100/100! He stays after the class to answer your questions and tells you exactly what he wants to see in you paper. Great course and an excellent professor.

20566716
6/25/12

BUS800

He will show you this at the beginning of your course and you will think that maybe the ratings are unfair. Nope. He is not helpful, unclear and entirely disrespectful. Had him for ENT 526 and BUS 800 worst semester I've ever had in university.

5/9/12

BUS800

Steve is not the conventional professor. He is very knowledgable, practical and passionate about the course. I have learnt more in his class than many other mgt courses. If you come to all his lectures and participate, you've already earned yourself lots of marks. Work hard and do your readings... it'll be a fun and rewarding course! :)

4/29/12

CENT500

Not a very understanding prof, nor does he seem remotely interested in teaching the class.

3/17/12

FIN502

He is just terrible, avoid him at all costs. he doesnt teach, too much expectation, tough exam, harsh marker, ... the worst prof ive had in my whole life. no idea why ryerson lets him teach!

3/6/12

FIN502

He loves to go on tangents, almost all of what he talks about is irrelevant to the topic on hand. Uses slides prepared by someone else in 2005 it is now 2012!. Not helpful at all.

1/12/12

Bus800

I was terrified at the beginning, but trust me after two or three classes you will love him. I have no idea why many students graded him poor. he is very helpful and great professor. JUST DONT BE ABSENT FOR HIS CLASS and ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE. AND MOST OF ALL FOLLOW HIS INSTRUCTIONS!! if you do that, you will be fine.

More Business professors at Ryerson University