in Ryerson University that teach Business Edit
Steven Tissenbaum
Professor in the Business department
at Ryerson University, Toronto, ON
are you Steven Tissenbaum?
B
12/11/2014
ENT526 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: WD
"Tough Grader" "Skip class? You won't pass."

I have never wrote a feedback or review for anything in my life before. However, after going thorough what I can honestly say a torturous semester with Steve, I decided to take responsibility and ensure that no other student ever goes through the same. AVOID STEVE TISSENBAUM. Worst professor I've ever had, man has no idea what he's even doing there

12/05/2014
ENT500 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A
"Tests are tough"

Terrible teacher. Very unorganized, not helpful, doesn't know material very well. I heard this is not his course, and he is 'subbing' this semester. It shows. Stay away from this teacher. I talked to a student who took it in person (I took it online), and she said the same thing, would never take a course taught by him. You have been warned.

11/18/2014
ENT500 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Better Like Group Projects" "Skip class? You won't pass."

This class was not my area of expertise, and as much as I wanted to do well in this class he didn't try and help me understand. Makes me not want to pursue being an entrepreneur anymore, which is unfortunate.

11/18/2014
ENT500 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: Not sure yet
"Skip class? You won't pass."

Very unhelpful

good
QNM103MR Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"There for you" "Clear grading criteria" "Would take again"

Steven is a great teacher who doesnt get the credit he should. Tells us straight up what is going to happen a week before and never goes back on his word (so far). Helpful whenever help is needed. Explains everything nicely and doesnt lead us wrong. Fast paced class.

11/10/2014
ENT 500 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I feel like I learn more from staring at my textbook cover than I do by sitting through class. I know he means well, and he's a good guy, but as a prof... he disappoints. In class he just goes through slides provided by the textbook publishers, focusing on NO particular topic. Uninspiring. Unhelpful. Minimal guidance and advice.

10/24/2014
ENT526 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: B

Worst professor ever. Entrepreneurship is supposed to be an inspirational course and he is absolutely took a huge dump on it. Exec. sum. assignment was a complete disaster, even though i abide by every single guideline and template. Oh and forget asking him for help, or even trying to negotiate your mark. He is a hard headed prof .

08/28/2014
Bus 800 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Worst Prof ever. he does not really know what he is talking about. attendance is mandatory and he doesn't even know how to do attendance. Even if people came to class, he marks you absent because he quietly does attendance himself. His instructions are vague and hes terrible at asking for help with assignments. SWTICH OUT!

08/14/2014
CENT526 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I am a 3.7 GPA student. This was the worst grade I received in my four years at Ryerson. Steve is unmotivated, unhelpful, distant. He is a disgrace to ENT526 which is suppose to inspire. He should never teach an online class, or any class. Steve if you are reading this, on behalf of your students, please stop teaching, you are absolutely terrible.

06/16/2014
ENT526 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He doesn't care about students at all. He is very unclear in instructions, does not provide feedback (or very little). I have a GPA of 3.8 and this is the worst class I have ever taken. Other profs who teach this course are much more interesting and helpful. Steve is a disgrace to Ryerson and should reconsider his career path. Avoid at all costs.

06/09/2014
ENT 500 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: B-

He is not helpful at all. I did my assignment exactly the way that the past A+ paper he has post, but I receive a barely passing grade on my assignment. It takes forever for him to reply your email which no question has been answered. All I can say is do not take his class if you have a choice. Good Luck.

05/08/2014
Bus800 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He's a really nice guy. The course in general has a heavy workload. He's really concise so just follow his exact instructions and you'll do fine.

05/08/2014
good
BUS800 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Nice prof. Make sure to listen in class because he tells you exactly how he wants each section of the assignments done. Its important not to deviate from his instructions. The course itself takes a lot of work so be prepared.

04/10/2014
BUS8-- Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is VERY VERY specific when it comes to his assignment. Follow all his instruction to the T. Didn't give that much instruction but follow the guideline and use lots of data.

12/04/2013
BUS800 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Good luck. Very vague and useless instructions and for the cases he does not read them until after you hand them in...thats when he gives advice. Not prepared so asking questions about the work beforehand will get you no where. Read the book for the exam. Very blunt in his comments on your assignments (which are not legible.)

11/19/2013
ENT500 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Worst Prof I've had, he's so rude to anyone. He doesn't care about his students and he is very condescending. His TA knows and does more than he does. Useless.

10/20/2013
BUS800 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He's very intelligent. He should teach ENT courses as I had a good experience. I feel that he should not teach BUS800. I've been having very strong panic attacks after enrolling. I pray that I don't fall into an Abyss by the end of the class. Please for the love of God do not take the class if you're not used to feeling like a failure.

06/14/2013
CENT 500 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I was very disappointed about this course, when asking for clarity about an assignment I had to wait a few days for a one or two word answer. He would not explain why I was given the grades I was given and sent out rude class emails to respond to various students questions.

04/13/2013
good
Bus 800 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Steve has made me view business from a perspective I've never seen before...he's completely changed my mentality...and that is a good thing....I am 10x more prepared for the real world now because of STeve...he is not the easiest marker but by far he is the most influential person you will ever meet! you will learn A LOT! Steve's the best!!!!!!!

04/09/2013
CENT500 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took this DE, perhaps he is better in person. I found him to be disinterested - just going through the motions.