Sandia Tuttle at Grossmont College

Sandia Tuttle

Number of ratings 33 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

7/25/13

ENGL120

I dropped out of this class, despite desperately needing it, because of how horrible this professor was. Unprofessional, untimely grading, requiring us to go to events in San Diego even though it was a *distance learning* course, and was generally rude, unhelpful, and confusing. Highly NOT recommended.

6/27/13

ENG120

The semester started off rough when we found that we had assignments using a textbook that was not listed at the library. Mrs. Tuttle "adjusted" the syllabus, but never posted a new one. Mrs. Tuttle assigned more work than she had time to grade. Final grades were posted before she completed grading all the assignments: unprofessional.

5/20/13

ENG-120

Assigns multiple writing assignments at the same time, written lectures can be confusing (and contain typos); she rambles about her personal life in them, and yelled at the class when the whole class got an assignment wrong, then says if it's not right you won't pass. More time should be spent on those critical items, less time on busy work.

5/19/13

ENG 120

Do not take Ms. Tuttle unless you like to write paper after paper. While you are working on a large paper, she assigns multiple more. This is basically every week. Too much rambling and too much work. Don't take her!

4/22/13

ENG120

I do not recommend taking this professor unless you are very patient. Her lectures are unclear, she hides assignments in them in various places, and she treats her students like children who haven't graduated high school. I'm a writer, and the ridiculously unclear nature of her lectures and emails frustrated me and almost made me cry from rage.

3/12/13

ENG

Don't get me wrong she is a sweet old lady, but she does not make any sense half the time. Last minute essays are assigned with 2-3 days to write and submit them. She grade papers with two separate grades: one for grammar and one for content. NEVER take this class online!

12/10/12

Eng110

Eng 110 with Tuttle is for those who enjoy writing. Nice teacher, but she doesn't grade easy. Multiple essays are assigned through the course. MLA format is mandatory. No actual lectures, she does tend to get off subject. Contacts through email, that was helpful. Never used the book. If writing is your strong suit , easy A, if not take someone else

10/29/12

ENGL101

Horrible teacher; always talks about irrelevant things. She assigns different essays at the same time, making our lives difficult. Do NOT take her.

5/20/11

ENG120

Good class and good professor. She replies emails very fast. If you learn from her corrections you will have it easy in the class. Work amount is reasonable and she is very helpfull. She does not give extra credit but if you want to learn how to write essays correctly, then this is the class. I had a rough start but adjusted quickly.

1/21/11

ENG120

English is my favorite subject - which is why I didn?t complete the course. I am going to pay and take it in the summer with a different professor. She is nice and helpful but the essays and homework assignments are boring. I was completely uninspired to do any of the yawn-worthy work. When I take it I want to enjoy it, you won?t enjoy it with her.

12/30/10

ENG098

She was a very interesting old woman, but she was boring and I didn't learn anything. I recommend a more up-beat teacher.

11/2/10

Eng120

If you did not like Ms. Tuttle or her class, you weren't paying attention! If you are looking for an "easy A," go elsewhere; however, if you are looking to really learn something, this is a great teacher! If she typed something to you in ALL CAPS, she WAS yelling at you. It was intentional. By far the best professor I've ever had!

9/28/10

eng120

Horrible. Hate her. satan of english. lectures were very unclear. first envelope asignment was ridiculous and pointless just like the rest of her assignments.

9/28/10

ENG120

I took her online class- Such a horrible teacher. All of these good reviews made me take this class and she probably writes them herself. She is selfish and does not help anyone. She writes 10 page lectures about nothing and hides assignments in them to make sure you read them. She gave us a Constituition test... in an english class! You have a wr

5/27/10

Eng90

She's a cool lady, but if your Asian, Hispanic, Chaldean etc. that speaks good English she would recommend them to ESL. I thought that was pretty harsh. She do look like a hard grader in the higher English department.

12/19/09

ENG3041

She is very difficult, but a great teacher. The only one's who give bad reviews to her just aren't willing to work hard enough to earn their grades. If you are taking other hard classes, her class is very time consuming so you might not have time to commit to other subjects. Overall, very nice, very helpful. Don't focus on 1st impressions.

7/28/09

Eng120

I am shocked to read anything but positive feedback on this instructor. She is thorough and understanding. I took the class online. It requires time and commitment; however,she equips her students with the tools needed to succeed. There is no reason not to do well, learn how to write great papers except for one's lack of commitment.

16071915
7/21/08

ENGL120

I'm really amazed to read any bad reviews about Tuttle; I thought she was amazing! She taught me how to research & write and lent me a style guide to use when I could not afford it! I've been doing well ever sense. She?s tough but it works; I would have given up on myself if not for her.

6/2/08

Eng120

Took on line class. No book reading, but A LOT of research reading. Assignments are lined out in syllabus. Best class for someone who is very independent.

7/8/07

ENG120

This professor has ADD or something. It is impossible for her to stay on topic or edit out typos in her written lectures. She also has NO MERCY and will grade a paper by how much she likes you or the topic. She gives an explanation of a rule then tells you NOT to use it! Also, 'YELLS' at you for mistakes by typing in ALL CAPS for grading!!!

More English professors at Grossmont College