in Wheaton College that teach Communication Edit
at Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL
are you Read Schuchardt?

07/31/2014
good
COMM101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: B+

Dr. Schuchardt is a fantastic teacher. He is super sarcastic, and very quick-witted. He kept me totally engaged at 8 AM. I put the class off forever, but I ended up loving it and was sad when it ended. Dr. Schuchardt is bold and a rare find at Wheaton, and he certainly has my respect.

04/23/2013
COMM 301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Schuchardt is intelligent, but he seldom prepares an outline for class. His classes include way too much student teaching by class members. He is open, but he is not transparent. If you want to succeed in his class, you better have thick skin and be ready to throw back snappy comments at him because they are guaranteed to be thrown at you.

03/21/2013
good
COMM Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

An excellent, eccentric professor. Take advantage of meeting with him outside the class. Lectures may be a bit tangential, but you are guaranteed to learn a lot! Whether you agree with his unique perspectives or not, he's a fascinating individual who will challenge you to grow.

01/08/2013
good
COMM315 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Although a bit intimidating at first, Dr. Schuchardt is an awesome teacher. Yes, I learned a TON about journalism and the media world, but he also taught us a lot about Christianity and Journalism, as well as just life in general. We got off topic a lot, but class was a lot of fun for anyone who is willing to be flexible.

05/22/2011
ENGW104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

You will either love or hate him (it may vary by the day though). We got off track in class a lot & it was hard to know exactly what he wanted, but he's a really nice guy, a bit untraditional/shocking, and the class was fun. I like him a lot personally, but I'm not sure I'd take another writing class from him (perhaps his Comm classes are better).

04/22/2010
good
COMM101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I had no desire to take this class; but after the first day I knew I was going to enjoy it. Dr. Schuchardt possesses a personality that allows him to be witty, funny, and professional, all at the same time. The biggest benefit to taking this class is getting his feedback on your speeches and getting great speech ideas. Get to know him outside class

09/16/2009
good
Comm101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Good professor. Honestly, he tries to make public speaking as beneficial and painless as possible. I was terrified of this class in the beginning- but it really did improve my public speaking abilities. Just pick interesting topics for your speeches. He does care about students- I never saw him "play favorites".

05/24/2009
good
COMM341 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Most challenging class of my career, but so worth it. He pushed us all to our highest potential. He's a different prof at the upper level than in Gen Eds, but it was a good change - higher expectations. I know he's weird, but aren't we all?

03/10/2009
COM0000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

No good! You learn nothing about the topic, but lots about his family. He doesn't care about the students. Some people don't see through him, but he is fake as hell. One of the worst experiences I have ever had. Don't take him! You have been warned.

01/13/2009
good
COMM101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The class teaches by example and the opportunity to speak rather than by throwing information at us, which I appreciated. He appreciates speech topics that are controversial, "deep", or at least original. In other words, don't give a speech about sports, fashion, etc. BE OPEN.