Read Schuchardt at Wheaton College

Read Schuchardt

Number of ratings 42 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

4/23/13

COMM 301

Schuchardt is intelligent, but he seldom prepares an outline for class. His classes include way too much student teaching by class members. He is open, but he is not transparent. If you want to succeed in his class, you better have thick skin and be ready to throw back snappy comments at him because they are guaranteed to be thrown at you.

3/21/13

COMM

An excellent, eccentric professor. Take advantage of meeting with him outside the class. Lectures may be a bit tangential, but you are guaranteed to learn a lot! Whether you agree with his unique perspectives or not, he's a fascinating individual who will challenge you to grow.

1/8/13

COMM315

Although a bit intimidating at first, Dr. Schuchardt is an awesome teacher. Yes, I learned a TON about journalism and the media world, but he also taught us a lot about Christianity and Journalism, as well as just life in general. We got off topic a lot, but class was a lot of fun for anyone who is willing to be flexible.

5/22/11

ENGW104

You will either love or hate him (it may vary by the day though). We got off track in class a lot & it was hard to know exactly what he wanted, but he's a really nice guy, a bit untraditional/shocking, and the class was fun. I like him a lot personally, but I'm not sure I'd take another writing class from him (perhaps his Comm classes are better).

4/22/10

COMM101

I had no desire to take this class; but after the first day I knew I was going to enjoy it. Dr. Schuchardt possesses a personality that allows him to be witty, funny, and professional, all at the same time. The biggest benefit to taking this class is getting his feedback on your speeches and getting great speech ideas. Get to know him outside class

9/16/09

Comm101

Good professor. Honestly, he tries to make public speaking as beneficial and painless as possible. I was terrified of this class in the beginning- but it really did improve my public speaking abilities. Just pick interesting topics for your speeches. He does care about students- I never saw him "play favorites".

5/24/09

COMM341

Most challenging class of my career, but so worth it. He pushed us all to our highest potential. He's a different prof at the upper level than in Gen Eds, but it was a good change - higher expectations. I know he's weird, but aren't we all?

3/10/09

COM0000

No good! You learn nothing about the topic, but lots about his family. He doesn't care about the students. Some people don't see through him, but he is fake as hell. One of the worst experiences I have ever had. Don't take him! You have been warned.

1/13/09

COMM101

The class teaches by example and the opportunity to speak rather than by throwing information at us, which I appreciated. He appreciates speech topics that are controversial, "deep", or at least original. In other words, don't give a speech about sports, fashion, etc. BE OPEN.

1/13/09

COMM101

A fascinating person. Some students disliked the details he gives about his personal life, but that he does this intentionally to foster an open attitude in a potentially awkward and terrifying class (Public Speaking). I was scared of the class before taking it, and it turned out to be one of my all-time favorites.

1/5/09

Comm215

Most fascinating professor I have ever encountered. Approachable, open about family life, easygoing. Syllabus was eventually discarded, as was textbook. Doesn't hand papers back on time, but when one girl quit coming to class, he went out of his way to make sure she was ok, out of genuine care. Asked us to help him change the course for next time.

12/14/08

... ... ...

12/9/08

COMM101

I took speech with him, a class that I was dreading. He is an amazing professor and I looked forward to his class every day. He's funny, interesting, and he really makes you think about media and how it impacts us. Take any class you can with him!!

11/11/08

COMM241

even if you disagree with him, you'll listen to him talk. his main goal with the class wasn't to fill our heads with textbook definitions, but to help us understand our world. he's very engaging and intelligent, while still open to objections or comments from students.

10/12/05

Com. Today

10/9/05

Film/Vid, Story

9/15/05

Comm

9/1/05

Independent fil

Such an awesome teacher. Yeah he talked alot, but I sure will remember what he said.

8/30/05

kubrick

complicated person, smart, helped sooooo many peoples horrible writing become good, encouraging, good natured, and one of the most worthwhile classes i've taken

6/11/05

Media

I learned a lot in this class. He really wants to help his pupils not just learn but enjoy learning. Very helpful.

More Communication professors at Wheaton College