Carl Jenkinson at University of South Carolina

Carl Jenkinson

Number of ratings 39 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

12/14/08

Eng463

Carl is a hard and very opinionated fellow, but a very helpful and knowledgable teacher at the same time. He has prepared me for a real job, and the class is totally worth taking. Dont let him scare you the first day. The book is a little expensive too.

12/6/08

ENGL463

Incredibly hard class at first and he can be a hardass. I nearly dropped but I 'm glad I stayed. Once you get used to him you see Mr J really cares about his students. Mr J will help you out with anything if you show up and do the work. It has prepared me for the real world. I learned the most in this class and I had a good time.

10/6/08

engl102

Great guy, Awesome teacher. only prof i cared to look up after having taken his class about 2 semesters ago.

engl102

Mr J. is awesome. The first day of class will scare you to death. But as long as you really try and you put in effort, he will help you a lot. As long as you arent really lazy you should be fine. You do have to read the hw if you want to sound like a competent person, but it was my favorite class so far.

engl102

By the way I forgot to mention he is an Orioles fan, but we cant hold that against him. He cant cheer for the great New England teams (Red Sox, Patriots)because he is British and has to remain loyal to the crown.

engl102

I have never had a teacher who cared more about his students He never looks down on his students He would do anything in his power to help you but you have to put in the effort The people who give him bad reviews are the people who dont put forth any effort and they EARN bad grades You get out what you put in to this class In the end he is a fantas

4/14/08

ENGL102

Best teacher ever. He is tough and I got an F on my first paper but now I am making an A/B in the class. Mr J has helped me to be more organized in my writing. He is always ready to help and gives rewrites as long as your work is in on time and you try. I totally recommend him--he actually cares about his students.

3/11/08

ENGL102

Mr J is awesome. He is easily the best professor I have had at USC. He expects a lot but you learn a ton and I feel prepared for writing in college. He HATES slackers and gives then a hard time. Class is fun but be prepared to work. I'd take him again anytime.

1/13/08

eng100

Carl is the best teacher I have had at USC. Don't get me wrong I thought he was an **** when I first met him, but its a front, if you do your work and participate you will do fine. He is a tough teacher but extremely helpful. I loved his class

12/20/07

ENG102

One of the best teachers I've ever had. Even though I had some trouble with him at the start, if you READ and DO YOUR WORK he is very fun in class. He has a great sense of humor (though you don't have to be well-read sometimes to understand it). The texts are interesting and HE MAKES YOU A BETTER READER. Hands down I will take him again.

12/12/07

Engl102

Mr. J is a great English teacher. Yes he is a pain in the a** when it comes to attendance, but the class will prepare you to write on a college level. Great Class. Not to mention, he is the funniest teacher I have ever had.

1/18/07

ENGL102

Lots of reading, lots of work. Each class is precisely scheduled and followed strictly. Attendance is mandatory. Once in class, and you better be on time, you'll begin the daily Quiz. This instructor gives 110% in making English 102 your most valuable class. A brilliant individual and extremely helpful. He's the instructor's instructor.

8/8/06

Engl 102

This was a tough class. Mr J quizzes every class and expects a lot for hw and participation, which is part of your grade. He grades tough but he will always help you out. NOT an easy A, even if you're an A sudent, but I recommend him. He can be a hardass but you learn a lot and he's funny as ****.

7/12/06

ENGL463

I had him a few semesters ago for business writing and I had a bad first impression of him, but by the end of the semester, I realized his toughness was for the best. I now have a job where I write product manuals and regularly correspond with customers, so I am constantly asking myself, "Is this good YOU ATTITUDE?"

4/27/06

Eng 463

Carl is amazing! I loved his class.. Beginning of the semester, it's a lot of work.. and theres a group project.. but it's well worth it in the end.. He knows what he's talking about and has taught me a lot that will help me out in the real world of business!

4/19/06

ENG 102

Mr. Jenkinson is a great person with a great sense of humor. He truly loves what he teaches as well. The only problem is how he grades papers. I still don't understand it. He tends to grade harshly however he is very willing to work with you for a better grade. Take his class if you want a challenge.

12/13/05

Engl 285

Mr. Jenkinson is a very reasonable man. He is understanding, but he expects a lot. You have to be willing to work hard, but if you do, he will work with you. Class was interesting because all we did was talk, but you have to do the reading. Be polite and do not cheat and he will love you. Just a little clarifying though...he's definitely not hot.

10/26/05

Eng 101

Great, fun professor. After his class, writing papers for other classes are easy. He really made class fun, he picked on us and we picked on him. Some people think he is insulting, but those are just people who are too serious about things and can't take being picked on. He doesn't really mean anything he says if he picks on you. If I remember correctly, one time my class talked him into having half a class one time and just to give us our test back and let us leave. Both times were Friday classes.

8/18/05

ENG 285

He's very scary at first, but if you do the MASSIVE workload you'll probably be okay. I like him very much as a person, but he teaches the class like it's grad level.

8/8/05

Engl.285 Summer

Mr. Jenkinson is a very fair man....He would help you get through the class but you have to show that you are willing to work hard. He seems hard at first BUT work with him. Advice to all, DO NOT BE RUDE TO HIM and you would have a smooth sail in the class. AND NO YOUR OWN WORK......NO COMPROMISES. Stick with this and you are sure to do well.

More English professors at University of South Carolina