in University of South Carolina that teach English Edit
at University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
are you Carl Jenkinson?

12/14/2008
good
Eng463 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Carl is a hard and very opinionated fellow, but a very helpful and knowledgable teacher at the same time. He has prepared me for a real job, and the class is totally worth taking. Dont let him scare you the first day. The book is a little expensive too.

12/06/2008
good
ENGL463 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Incredibly hard class at first and he can be a hardass. I nearly dropped but I 'm glad I stayed. Once you get used to him you see Mr J really cares about his students. Mr J will help you out with anything if you show up and do the work. It has prepared me for the real world. I learned the most in this class and I had a good time.

10/06/2008
good
engl102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Great guy, Awesome teacher. only prof i cared to look up after having taken his class about 2 semesters ago.

good
engl102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Mr J. is awesome. The first day of class will scare you to death. But as long as you really try and you put in effort, he will help you a lot. As long as you arent really lazy you should be fine. You do have to read the hw if you want to sound like a competent person, but it was my favorite class so far.

good
engl102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

By the way I forgot to mention he is an Orioles fan, but we cant hold that against him. He cant cheer for the great New England teams (Red Sox, Patriots)because he is British and has to remain loyal to the crown.

good

I have never had a teacher who cared more about his students He never looks down on his students He would do anything in his power to help you but you have to put in the effort The people who give him bad reviews are the people who dont put forth any effort and they EARN bad grades You get out what you put in to this class In the end he is a fantas

04/14/2008
good
ENGL102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Best teacher ever. He is tough and I got an F on my first paper but now I am making an A/B in the class. Mr J has helped me to be more organized in my writing. He is always ready to help and gives rewrites as long as your work is in on time and you try. I totally recommend him--he actually cares about his students.

03/11/2008
good

Mr J is awesome. He is easily the best professor I have had at USC. He expects a lot but you learn a ton and I feel prepared for writing in college. He HATES slackers and gives then a hard time. Class is fun but be prepared to work. I'd take him again anytime.

01/13/2008
good
eng100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Carl is the best teacher I have had at USC. Don't get me wrong I thought he was an **** when I first met him, but its a front, if you do your work and participate you will do fine. He is a tough teacher but extremely helpful. I loved his class

12/20/2007
good
ENG102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

One of the best teachers I've ever had. Even though I had some trouble with him at the start, if you READ and DO YOUR WORK he is very fun in class. He has a great sense of humor (though you don't have to be well-read sometimes to understand it). The texts are interesting and HE MAKES YOU A BETTER READER. Hands down I will take him again.