in Monroe Community College that teach English Edit
Yulanda McKinney
at Monroe Community College, Rochester, NY
are you Yulanda McKinney?

05/25/2014
good
Eng.101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Outstanding professor that will teach you the skills in writing a "proper" essay. Missing class will not help your chances of passing this class..

04/01/2014
good
eng 101 030 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This class was hard at times. but Mrs. McKinney made it easy. She gives a ton of help, so if you don't pass it's your own fault, but over all she's hilarious and will make a ton of jokes, but don't take it personal.

03/13/2014
ENG101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Prof. McKinney is very nice, humurous and vibrant, but I feel she makes eng 101 more difficult than it has to be. She assigns a lot of reading, is a tough grader and personally, I don't feel her lectures to be really beneficial. Sad to say I actually enjoyed English before her class.

02/09/2013
good
Eng101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor McKinney is one of the best teachers I have ever had. She was always funny and pleasant in class. She is very helpful, and as long as you show that you care then she will show you she cares. She was very organized, and helped me alot to be a better writer. I would strongly suggest trying to get her as a teacher!!

05/28/2012
good
ENG210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had McKinney for Lit of the Black Experience. I must say, this is the hardest class I've taken, but in the end it was definitely worth it. I've increased my writing skills substantially and also realized personal things about myself. She doesn't take any BS but I adore her as a strong, Black woman. "You'll never find another Professor like her."

03/08/2012
good
ENG1O1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I had Professor McKinney my first semester and boy was I glad I had such a great English professor. Without her as the professor I have no idea what I would've been able to do or how I would've made it through this course!

01/18/2012
good
Eng101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is a very outgoing and funny professor but the class was rather hard considering it was only a 101 class. She was a hard grader and i struggled to get a B in the class when i really wanted an A and thought it would be a simple thing to recieve; but it wasn't. If you are a really good writer, i recommend her, if you aren't, take someone else!

01/10/2012
good
ENG208 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great class discussions that stimulate you to think for yourself. Very funny and energetic. I loved her enthusiasm on the subject and how she was willing to listen to and discuss other views. I liked doing the "fishbowl" discussions so the students could argue their views without her giving her opinion. Definitely recommend this class! :)

01/06/2012
good
lit210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

For all of u who think shes not great.you are out of ur mind.shes one of the BEST @english period BEST professor ever you learn beyond ur understanding who doesnt want that? take her class &get ready for a mindset change.

12/16/2011
good
ENG208 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I recommend Prof. McKinney, she is fun, enlightened, helpful and funny. Throughout the course you may end up finding a deeper way to perceive, not just the text, but life itself. It is not a lecture setting more of a class participation with your own ideas.

12/15/2011
ENG101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Makes the class way harder than it should be for ENG 101. Struggling to try to get a B. Not clear at all on essay assignments....the tutors even agree'd that she was a harsh grader

12/02/2011
good
ENG106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the best professor I've ever had, hands down! Her classes are interesting and you just can't help but want to go. As long as you do your work, you'll be all set. I wish I could fit it into my schedule to take another one of her classes. I recommend having her as a professor!

11/23/2011
Eng101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

One of the 25 rules of PM. Forni is: respect everyone but not a subtle.

11/22/2011
good
ENG208 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I think the thing that I appreciate most about this professor is her willingness to hear opinions and views that differ from her own. While she is up front with her own beliefs and ways of looking at the world around her, she encourages her students to find their own voice.

10/27/2011
ENG101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Awful. Unclear. Huge ego.

10/07/2011
ENG101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is a great teacher, but very strict on homework. The amount of time I spent outside of class on her homework is outrageous. The class itself always had me stressing, but as a teacher, she was great. She's hilarious and keeps the class' attention very well.

05/23/2011
good
ENG208 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Yulanda is fun and she tries to keep her class interesting. Very strict about assignments and guidelines. Gives a lot of feedback on papers. Workload is a little high but she gives you plenty of time and help.

04/05/2011
ENG101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

unclear directions, back to back papers, tough grading, too much reading, sense less lecture,doesnot care if ur special need student.

03/16/2011
good
ENG101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Excellent Teacher. She is always willing to help. Her deadlines are a little tight but you always have a lot of fun in her class. She is also a very fair grader! Hope to take another class of her sometime. Best English Teacher I've ever had in my Enitre Life, I've learned more and better from her than any other English teacher out there!

01/02/2011
good
Lit210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

the best professor ever shes makes you take your thoughts deeper than you would ever think.and if ppl says shes tough it's because you had no real plans on doing work