Yulanda McKinney at Monroe Community College

Yulanda McKinney

Number of ratings 57 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

4/1/14

eng 101 030

This class was hard at times. but Mrs. McKinney made it easy. She gives a ton of help, so if you don't pass it's your own fault, but over all she's hilarious and will make a ton of jokes, but don't take it personal.

3/13/14

ENG101

Prof. McKinney is very nice, humurous and vibrant, but I feel she makes eng 101 more difficult than it has to be. She assigns a lot of reading, is a tough grader and personally, I don't feel her lectures to be really beneficial. Sad to say I actually enjoyed English before her class.

2/9/13

Eng101

Professor McKinney is one of the best teachers I have ever had. She was always funny and pleasant in class. She is very helpful, and as long as you show that you care then she will show you she cares. She was very organized, and helped me alot to be a better writer. I would strongly suggest trying to get her as a teacher!!

5/28/12

ENG210

I had McKinney for Lit of the Black Experience. I must say, this is the hardest class I've taken, but in the end it was definitely worth it. I've increased my writing skills substantially and also realized personal things about myself. She doesn't take any BS but I adore her as a strong, Black woman. "You'll never find another Professor like her."

3/8/12

ENG1O1

I had Professor McKinney my first semester and boy was I glad I had such a great English professor. Without her as the professor I have no idea what I would've been able to do or how I would've made it through this course!

1/18/12

Eng101

She is a very outgoing and funny professor but the class was rather hard considering it was only a 101 class. She was a hard grader and i struggled to get a B in the class when i really wanted an A and thought it would be a simple thing to recieve; but it wasn't. If you are a really good writer, i recommend her, if you aren't, take someone else!

1/10/12

ENG208

Great class discussions that stimulate you to think for yourself. Very funny and energetic. I loved her enthusiasm on the subject and how she was willing to listen to and discuss other views. I liked doing the "fishbowl" discussions so the students could argue their views without her giving her opinion. Definitely recommend this class! :)

1/6/12

lit210

For all of u who think shes not great.you are out of ur mind.shes one of the BEST @english period BEST professor ever you learn beyond ur understanding who doesnt want that? take her class &get ready for a mindset change.

12/16/11

ENG208

I recommend Prof. McKinney, she is fun, enlightened, helpful and funny. Throughout the course you may end up finding a deeper way to perceive, not just the text, but life itself. It is not a lecture setting more of a class participation with your own ideas.

12/15/11

ENG101

Makes the class way harder than it should be for ENG 101. Struggling to try to get a B. Not clear at all on essay assignments....the tutors even agree'd that she was a harsh grader

12/2/11

ENG106

One of the best professor I've ever had, hands down! Her classes are interesting and you just can't help but want to go. As long as you do your work, you'll be all set. I wish I could fit it into my schedule to take another one of her classes. I recommend having her as a professor!

11/23/11

Eng101

One of the 25 rules of PM. Forni is: respect everyone but not a subtle.

11/22/11

ENG208

I think the thing that I appreciate most about this professor is her willingness to hear opinions and views that differ from her own. While she is up front with her own beliefs and ways of looking at the world around her, she encourages her students to find their own voice.

10/27/11

ENG101

Awful. Unclear. Huge ego.

10/7/11

ENG101

She is a great teacher, but very strict on homework. The amount of time I spent outside of class on her homework is outrageous. The class itself always had me stressing, but as a teacher, she was great. She's hilarious and keeps the class' attention very well.

5/23/11

ENG208

Yulanda is fun and she tries to keep her class interesting. Very strict about assignments and guidelines. Gives a lot of feedback on papers. Workload is a little high but she gives you plenty of time and help.

4/5/11

ENG101

unclear directions, back to back papers, tough grading, too much reading, sense less lecture,doesnot care if ur special need student.

3/16/11

ENG101

Excellent Teacher. She is always willing to help. Her deadlines are a little tight but you always have a lot of fun in her class. She is also a very fair grader! Hope to take another class of her sometime. Best English Teacher I've ever had in my Enitre Life, I've learned more and better from her than any other English teacher out there!

1/2/11

Lit210

the best professor ever shes makes you take your thoughts deeper than you would ever think.and if ppl says shes tough it's because you had no real plans on doing work

12/19/10

ENG101

Professor McKinney is the most amazing woman I have ever met in my entire life. Kind, genuine, caring, understanding,motherly,hilarious, beautiful, always willing to help. If you take more than one class with her, she cuts you a lot of slack. I won't ever forget Professor Mckinney. She's the best lady.

More English professors at Monroe Community College