Karen Prior at Liberty University

Karen Prior

Number of ratings 26 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

2/1/11

ENGL462

Dr. Prior is not only one of my favorite professors, but one of my favorite people. She is a blessing and a challenge to know. Rarely have I met someone so consistent in living what they profess. She will challenge and inspire you.

6/8/08

ENGL382

Hard teacher. Anyone interested in books that are really only about sex will get along great in her class. Anyone prone to forget your book, miss assignments, etc. be prepared to be humbled in front of the class. Do everything right, and you'll really enjoy her class. She's a nice person otherwise, if not a little set in her opinions.

5/7/08

ENG215

Hard. Insightful. Caring. Brilliant. Lucid. Passionate. Cute. Witty.

3/2/08

SECT

Absolutely one of my favorite professors and friend. Dr. Prior instills in her students a little more love of English than when you first walked into her classroom. Her insightful discussions on our current Christian world are both controversial and very fun. Class is filled with intense thought, laughs, and worship through literature.

11/1/07

ENGL215

Wonderful lady, kinda crazy in a fun way. LOTS of reading for each class period and almost daily quizzes. Grades HARD on papers... Clearly has a passion for English and it rubs off

8/23/07

Englmany

Fabulous professor and person. She cares for people and wants you to love life. Th easiness rating is stupid, she has high expectations, as any academic should. An enjoyable professor to be with in the classroom.

6/5/07

ENG102

Dr. Prior was one of my favorite professor that I have had at Liberty. She is engaging and very sarcastic which I love. She gives detailed notes. I did not think she was difficult - I got an A in her class. Yes you have to try, but we are in college. I hope to take her again!

5/14/07

ENGL216

Any English professor that can make me come to an appreciation of Heart of Darkness is a good one. Dr. Prior's lectures influenced me to actually speak favorably of Conrad's work, and that means she is a great professor. Admittedly, her class is a bit difficult, but it is not a "trick question" type class. Be wary of her all you visual learners!

9/22/06

engl216

Excellent at conveying meaningful and applicable knowledge!

5/8/06

Eng 216

She is an AMAZING woman. She is one of the best teachers I've ever had in my entire life. She is absolutely brilliant and really cares about her students. Sometimes she expects us to know things we dont know in the slightest, but if thats her only flaw, then shes pretty darn close to perfect!

4/20/06

any Eng

Pretty cold and cynical. She won't explain or help you with anything. She would make a better undertaker than a teacher. By the way, for everybody on here who keeps saying she's sexy... gets some glasses... get some really thick glasses!

4/8/06

English 215

(cont'd from below comment)..expects you to learn, then yes, that's true. However, in NO WAY can it be said she doesn't 'care'. She cares enough to make us think to get the education we deserve. She sets expectations high so we'll meet them. You must've mistaken someone else for her, b/c it's not possible we're talking about the same professor.

4/8/06

Eng 102 and 115

I'm appalled to see the last comment. Dr. Prior is the professor that cares the MOST at LU. The most about her students, classes, profession, and passions. I dare say I learned more in that class, about the subject and life, than I have in any other course or school activity. If by not 'caring', you mean that her course is challenging and she expec

3/27/06

English 102

Typically I love english. In 101 I got an A and I was looking forward to taking english again. However this teacher made my semester close to hell. She was The Worst teacher I have ever had in my life. She failed almost every person in class and had no remorse. She gave no help to those who needed it. She just plain did not care.

12/7/05

ENG 102

She is very sexy and very intelligent...rare mix

10/19/05

BRIT NOVEL

the best prof at LU!

9/15/05

ENGL 102

She failed me for plagarism and I never plagarized. I don't hold grudges, but this woman makes me cringe when I see her. There is no doubting her brilliance and sexiness, but I wouldn't want to have her for another class after my experience with her. I would rather be her friend than student.

9/1/05

English 102

She made me understand poetry like no one else ever has. She knows her stuff!

8/24/05

eng

7/23/05

Eng 102

My favorite english teacher ever. She is a little hard but she is very fair and if you put forth some work you will get a good grade. Definitely recommended more than any other english prof.

More English professors at Liberty University