in Liberty University that teach English Edit
at Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA
are you Karen Prior?

02/01/2011
good
ENGL462 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Prior is not only one of my favorite professors, but one of my favorite people. She is a blessing and a challenge to know. Rarely have I met someone so consistent in living what they profess. She will challenge and inspire you.

06/08/2008
good
ENGL382 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Hard teacher. Anyone interested in books that are really only about sex will get along great in her class. Anyone prone to forget your book, miss assignments, etc. be prepared to be humbled in front of the class. Do everything right, and you'll really enjoy her class. She's a nice person otherwise, if not a little set in her opinions.

05/07/2008
good
ENG215 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Hard. Insightful. Caring. Brilliant. Lucid. Passionate. Cute. Witty.

03/02/2008
good
SECT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Absolutely one of my favorite professors and friend. Dr. Prior instills in her students a little more love of English than when you first walked into her classroom. Her insightful discussions on our current Christian world are both controversial and very fun. Class is filled with intense thought, laughs, and worship through literature.

11/01/2007
good
ENGL215 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Wonderful lady, kinda crazy in a fun way. LOTS of reading for each class period and almost daily quizzes. Grades HARD on papers... Clearly has a passion for English and it rubs off

08/23/2007
good
Englmany Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Fabulous professor and person. She cares for people and wants you to love life. Th easiness rating is stupid, she has high expectations, as any academic should. An enjoyable professor to be with in the classroom.

06/05/2007
good
ENG102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Prior was one of my favorite professor that I have had at Liberty. She is engaging and very sarcastic which I love. She gives detailed notes. I did not think she was difficult - I got an A in her class. Yes you have to try, but we are in college. I hope to take her again!

05/14/2007
good
ENGL216 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Any English professor that can make me come to an appreciation of Heart of Darkness is a good one. Dr. Prior's lectures influenced me to actually speak favorably of Conrad's work, and that means she is a great professor. Admittedly, her class is a bit difficult, but it is not a "trick question" type class. Be wary of her all you visual learners!

09/22/2006
good
engl216 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent at conveying meaningful and applicable knowledge!

05/08/2006
good
Eng 216 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is an AMAZING woman. She is one of the best teachers I've ever had in my entire life. She is absolutely brilliant and really cares about her students. Sometimes she expects us to know things we dont know in the slightest, but if thats her only flaw, then shes pretty darn close to perfect!

04/20/2006
any Eng Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Pretty cold and cynical. She won't explain or help you with anything. She would make a better undertaker than a teacher. By the way, for everybody on here who keeps saying she's sexy... gets some glasses... get some really thick glasses!

04/08/2006
good
English 215 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

(cont'd from below comment)..expects you to learn, then yes, that's true. However, in NO WAY can it be said she doesn't 'care'. She cares enough to make us think to get the education we deserve. She sets expectations high so we'll meet them. You must've mistaken someone else for her, b/c it's not possible we're talking about the same professor.

04/08/2006
good
Eng 102 and 115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I'm appalled to see the last comment. Dr. Prior is the professor that cares the MOST at LU. The most about her students, classes, profession, and passions. I dare say I learned more in that class, about the subject and life, than I have in any other course or school activity. If by not 'caring', you mean that her course is challenging and she expec

03/27/2006
English 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Typically I love english. In 101 I got an A and I was looking forward to taking english again. However this teacher made my semester close to hell. She was The Worst teacher I have ever had in my life. She failed almost every person in class and had no remorse. She gave no help to those who needed it. She just plain did not care.

12/07/2005
good
ENG 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is very sexy and very intelligent...rare mix

10/19/2005
good
BRIT NOVEL Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

the best prof at LU!

09/15/2005
good
ENGL 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She failed me for plagarism and I never plagarized. I don't hold grudges, but this woman makes me cringe when I see her. There is no doubting her brilliance and sexiness, but I wouldn't want to have her for another class after my experience with her. I would rather be her friend than student.

09/01/2005
good
English 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She made me understand poetry like no one else ever has. She knows her stuff!

08/24/2005
good
eng Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

07/23/2005
good
Eng 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

My favorite english teacher ever. She is a little hard but she is very fair and if you put forth some work you will get a good grade. Definitely recommended more than any other english prof.