in Wayne State University that teach Journalism Edit
Jack Lessenberry
Professor in the Journalism department
at Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
are you Jack Lessenberry?

04/24/2014
good
COM 5080 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is not easy, he can be rough around the edges but he's not teaching a 5000 level class to children; he's teaching it to adults and that is how he treats everyone. Read and then read again, study and study some more and ask questions, he is very helpful and very insightful.

03/08/2014
COM 5080 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I really don't care if this guy "knows his stuff". He is rude and degrading to his students and is nothing but a grump who needs to retire. He gets paid for showing videos to the class and texting in the corner. Wayne State needs to get rid of him. He's not funny either.

05/01/2013
good
COM5080 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Jack is intelligent and talented, but he's the Boogey Man to students. I was terrified of him before I took the class, but he's fair with a good sense of humor. His interpersonal skills are lacking, but as long as you treat it like a job and don't slack off, an A or B is easily attainable. You'll want this man's recommendation.

11/01/2012
good
Com5080 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Lessenberry is a class act. I've been terrified of Jack since my freshman year. I was biased though, I'd never spoken to him. Now, two years later, I'll tell you a different story. Mr. Lessenberry is a wealth of knowledge. I'm seriously not sure how his brain contains it all. He keeps it real. Best professor I'll ever have, I already know.

05/08/2012

He comes across as a hard nosed prof, but once you get to know him you realize he is a class guy. Show up ON TIME. Do all the assignments by the deadline and you'll be fine. Also do the assigned readings because there is a reading test every week. The midterm is pretty hard if you don't pay attention in class. The final is cumulative.

04/28/2012
good
COM5250 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Jack is awesome. Despite the rumors you may hear, he really has students' best interest when it comes to journalism. The guy knows everyone in media. He's very smart! His class is by no means a blow-off. You have to be prepared to work hard. Do not be late, and execute deadlines. It's not just a class, it's a job.

04/18/2012
good

This is the second class I've taken that Lessenberry has taught and I learned a lot. If you expect to make it in journalism, I recommend taking one of his classes because he gives you a taste of the real world. Show up on time, meet deadlines and take notes and you'll be fine.

03/01/2012
good
COM5080 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I was BEYOND terrified to take Jack's class. However, as the semester's gone on, I realize how much he really does care about his students. I went to his office hours and he's totally a different guy. He's helping me find an internship. He knows his stuff and wants us to know it, too. That's why he's so tough. DO. NOT. BE. LATE.

12/13/2011
good
COM6190 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Probably one of Wayne State's most renowned professors. His only character flaw, if you can call it that, is recognizing those who shouldn't be majoring in journalism and ostracizing them. For example, you need to be able to read and write intelligently, critically and with comprehension. If you cannot, he'll find you and make an example out of u.

04/25/2011
good
COM5080 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I guess Jack comes off as intimidating, but that's probably just because he knows a great deal about what he's teaching. His class gives you a taste of the real world. He puts students on the stop by asking questions and has zero tolerance for lateness and absences. Basically, your grade reflects how much effort you put in.