David Myers at Edison State Community College

David Myers

Number of ratings 15 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

8/17/14

psych 101

Excellent Teacher! I learned more from him than any other classes. I have taken EVERY course he has offered and lowest grade was a B (my fault - not his).Highly Recommend! Yes he expects you to work for the grade but isn't that what you are supposed to do? Wish he taught more classes - I would be first in line. Was VERY helpful.

5/1/13

PSY 121

Dr. Meyer was horrible. He would teach one thing, then we would take notes on something else, and something totally different would be on the tests. He basically set us up for failure and expected us to already know every thing about psychology. I had to retake the class because of him.

4/24/13

Psy 227

Cared more about how I said something rather than what was said. He cares too much about grammar and too little about content. Also unlike other online courses I've taken he didn't give the courtesy to notify the class about papers in the previous weeks. Also is very condescending in reviews and feedback.

8/24/10

psy101

professor graded my papers on grammar rather than content. every paper i got back was a low C paper just because of punctuation. i was taking this class as accelerated over the summer along with my 2nd bio class, funny enough i didnt get anything lower than a 29/30 on bio papers, but this dude barely allowed me to stay afloat. thanks for nothing.

2/11/10

PSY121

Lots of quizzes/tests, harsh write-ups and a tough grading system. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

10/28/08

PSY121

Took his online class and thought it was pretty easy. Basically the same thing week in and week out, but does make it interesting. You have to read the book to get good grades on his tests. Gives lots of extra credit.

8/1/08

PSY121

I honestly thought he was a really good teacher. His class was more difficult than I expected, but it wasn't the end of the world! I really like Psychology, so..lol. I took his online class and I liked it.

9/11/06

Soc101

This was a few years ago....but he was the best prof I had at Edison. He's not for the people wanting an easy A, but for people that actually can think on their own. If you give a damn, and don't need someone to hold your hand, you'll appreciate him....especially if you move on in your education.

3/22/06

Psy

Dr. Myers was a very hard teacher I agree. I only wish I had confronted him about this earlier in the semester. I consider us good friends now. He is actually very interesting and thoughtful with a lot of good insight on things.

10/19/05

Intro to Psy

DO not take this class. He is the hardest/worst teacher I have ever had. I think he is rude and sets you up to fail. If it weren't for re-take tests I would have failed. If you don't know everything about Psychology you might not want to take his class.

8/28/05

Psychology

Dr. Myers was probably one of the worst psychology teachers that I have ever had. He explained things poorly, and when it came time for the test, expected us to know it all, even what he hadn't explained or lectured/taught over.

2/16/05

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... I now hate Psychology

11/16/04

psych 121

Ahhh, first of all...he's obsessed w/ sex. he mentions it everyday but in the most subtle of ways. second...he's BORING! he lectures on stuff that often time doesn't even apply to the chapter we're studying. and whether or not i read the chapter i still at a C on every test!!!

4/25/03

psy 121

Rater Interest

David Myers was quite possibly one of the worst profs I ever had, and I'm a law student now..it was my only C ever! I took him 5 yrs ago when I was doing the post secondary program and he is the only prof in history who has ever made me CRY.

4/24/03

Rater Interest

I liked the class(this is my major)and learned alot, but he is a very hard teacher! I believe he is one of the hardest teachers i have had. Don't take this class if you don't to study. You'll have to study about 9 hours each week.

More Psychology professors at Edison State Community College