in Pace University (all) that teach Literature Edit
at Pace University (all), New York, NY
are you Mark Hussey?

04/30/2014
good
LIT319 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He's a great professor who is very fair. If you come prepared to class, follow instructions, and take his advice you'll do great and learn a lot. Don't think you can fake your way through the class- you actually have to do the work and back up your interpretations.

03/26/2014
LIT 319 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Avoid. He is nothing but a narcissistic, condescending bully. He'll verbally attack you for no reason.

07/23/2012
good
Eng319 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Amazing professor. One of the best professor I've ever had. Extremely helpful. If you want to learn literature you should definitely take his classes.

05/02/2012
good
LIT319 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best class I've taken at Pace! Dr. Hussey is brilliant! I really understand how to write lit crit after taking this class. I even kinda like reading it! Some people in the class didn't ever read, though, and that made discussions difficult and annoying sometimes. I think Dr. Hussey should quiz or something to make the lazy students read.

12/07/2011
good
LIT319 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He's a good professor, he will engage the class and can be very understanding. If you go to class ready to learn, do all of your reading and engage, all will be well. One of the best professors in the department, if you ask me.

10/26/2010
good
Lit211W Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Halfway through the semester in his class, so far I think all the negative comments concerning Prof. Hussey are from people who don't do the work in the class. You need your books, they are your life in that class and make sure you read and spend time with your papers and such.

04/26/2010
good
LIT373 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He's a really nice guy and just wants his students to have some original thoughts. He lets you revise papers, plus some short (1-2) page papers- but again, as long as you say SOMETHING you'll get a good grade.

11/13/2008
WS200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

class=interesting;hw=minimal;reading=alot;attendance=mandatory;papers=lets just say if ur good at them take him if not dont do it; and be prepared for his class. He is a very organized professor and is very well informed about women studies.

06/18/2008
good
WS380 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This class was not for slackers. It has been one of my most enriching classes. The thing about Dr. Hussey is that it is YOUR not his or the other classmates role to bring the text to life. He is quite brilliant and he expanded on our thoughts and questions. Yes the text we read were often very erudite. My fellow classmate that was not happy I w

05/26/2008
good
WS380 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Hussey is a good professor, however I didn't enjoy WS 380. I found the material to be dry and some days making discussion was like pulling teeth. Hussey is very intelligent and helpful, but the class itself was tedious. I love him, but hate the class.