in McMaster University that teach Communication Edit
Alexandre Sevigny
Professor in the Communication department
at McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
are you Alexandre Sevigny?

05/17/2014
good
cmst1a Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B+

How can you say that Dr. Sevigny says nothing? His experience as a PR pro is extensive and successful. I hung on every word and went to his office - he spent an hour with me talking about politics, PR, my future. Gave me great tips for an internship.

05/10/2014
good
1a03 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Really surprised by his high rating and quite disappointed by the fact that many won't believe my rating because it's shrouded by more positive reviews. Extremely boring speaker. Not captivating in the least bit. Like the other reviewer, i stopped attending classes as i found them useless... don't think I learned anything from this class.

05/08/2014
good
CMST1a03 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Don't know what the last commenter was thinking. Must have attended a different lecture. This was my best course in my whole first year at Mac. Dr. Sevigny is awesome.

05/02/2014
CMST 1A03 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Really terrible prof. never really said anything important, all material was pulled from the textbook, and most was common sense. I stopped attending lectures because they were a waste of time since the notes were posted online, and he really had nothing to add that was useful.

01/30/2014
good
CMST 1a03 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best. Professor. Ever.

10/28/2012
good
cmst4N03 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Really enjoying Dr. Sévigny's 4N03 seminar. He makes it all seem so effortless - doesn't speak from notes, always knows the answer to your question. I really feel that I have learned a lot about agenda setting, framing and the news industry. His guest speakers are great, too.

09/17/2012
good
CMST3S03 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

he is by far my favorite professor yet.. I love his teaching style, the way he approached the course material and his interaction with the class... I seriously wish we had more like him, he's such a fascinating and knowledgeable guy and it certainly shows in his lectures... I enjoyed his class so much that I took the 4N03 seminar that he teaches.

03/17/2012
good
cmst3sm3 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Quite an amazing professor. This social media class is the most useful one I have taken yet. Dr. Sevigny brings his own experience to the classroom. Also one of the best public speakers I have ever seen. I think he should be Prime Minister. Busy man - catch him in a free moment and he'll talk to you but can be hard to find him outside office hours.

02/07/2012
good

Intriguing man. Seems to be a lot to him, but seems to be strangely sad sometimes. Sevigny's lecture style is amazing and he has the best real-world examples. But I am always wondering... who is he? A mystery. Fantastic professor, though - scary smart and cultured.

12/13/2011
good
CMST1A03 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great speaker, engages class extremely well. Gives several assignments that only take a couple hours to complete and have small weightings which helps ease first year students into university expectations and allows for steady improvement over the semester. Very passionate communicator and wants the best for his students.