in Ithaca College that teach English Edit
at Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY
are you Barbara Adams?
B

01/23/2014
ICSM Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B

I have never been more upset while taking a class in my education career. She is a useless teacher. No lesson plan ever, no idea how to teach college level students, & refuses to adapt to today’s teaching methods. Avoid any class with her at all costs because she will never give out an A to ANYONE and constantly will make you want to scream. AWFUL

10/01/2013
IISP 10500-02 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Professor Adams is extremely unorganized, rude, and always puts you on the spot in class. I hate going to her class because it puts me in the worst mood ever. She doesn't know how to teach so she just assigns readings every single night. DONT TAKE HER CLASS

04/22/2013
WRTG 35000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Barb is easily the most disorganized prof that I've ever had. She regularly is late and usually doesn't have a plan. She also tends to give out several assignments but does not give clear due dates or instructions. She is also very nitpicky on correct english use and variety of sentence structure. Never taking a class with her again.

08/28/2012
WRTG01 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Means well but she's very self-important, stubborn, unable to admit when she's wrong, demands too much, gives hard assignments and is very reluctant to ease up even if the class as a whole is suffering and is nowhere as knowledgeable about magazine writing as she claims

05/01/2011
WRTG108 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She is very unorganized and a hard grader, but she knows her stuff. She is willing to help, but you have to care and want to try.

04/17/2011
ENGL101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Ridiculous in almost every way. Her teaching ability is low and never has a good lesson plan. Also I was bullied by a group of girls(and one boy) in her class and absent minded Barbara completely ignored it. Overall I think I could have made better use of time in the library than it class. Thanks for a bad experience barbs.

12/20/2009
good
writ1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Barbara is delightfully enthusiastic about what she does. She knows writing in and out and if you work hard, you will improve dramatically. She pushes students very hard but it's worth it.

11/15/2009
good
thtraffl Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

It's been 15 years since I took her class: I not only still use the skills she taught me, but also teach them when I tutor writers. Don't underestimate the reach of what she has to say. She's unique, sure: what good writer doesn't have a unique point of view? None that I know of, that's for sure. Appreciate the time you have with her.

02/20/2008
featuwrit Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have never taken a journalism type class before. I'm an English major so I'm not used to writing like that. She makes the class interesting but she is so unorganized. She is a tough grader and majority of the time when I would meet with her I wouldn't really understand what I did wrong. However, she does let you rewrite every paper.

06/12/2006
writing Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

this lady is off her rocker.