in Taylor University that teach Languages Edit
Professor in the Languages department
at Taylor University, Upland, IN
are you Dan Treber?

05/12/2014
SPA 201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Treber is a terrible professor. The only reason I did well in this class is because it was the exact same material that I learned in my last year of Spanish in high school. One time he left the notes on the board from our class and said that he would use them for his next class...the Spanish 102 class! Ummm...?!

04/28/2014
SPA312 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I am a Spanish Education Major at Taylor. If you can avoid taking a class with Dr. Treber, I would HIGHLY recommend it.He spends more of class time telling stories than teaching. His idea of a lecture for the day is asking us if we have questions about the reading materials. Our homework is fill in the blank, so everyone just memorizes, not learns.

04/08/2014
SPA312 SPA422 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Don't do it. Just don't.

03/08/2014
good
SPA201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Students should expect to review the day's material prior to class. Those who view textbooks/handouts as "supplementary" material, only needed when lectures are unclear, will be frustrated. Challenge tempers excellence; yet, Dr. Treber is willing & available to help all who ask. Earnestly persevere and you will learn. It's not supposed to be easy.

12/10/2013
SPA 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A+

Worst prof I have ever had. I've been a straight A student literally my entire life, and I had to work my tail off to pull out a B-. He is easily distracted, gets off subject more than he stays on, and claims to be "more than willing to help" struggling students but failed to make time for me b/c I had classes all through his office hours.