in Taylor University that teach Languages Edit
Professor in the Languages department
at Taylor University, Upland, IN
are you Dan Treber?

05/12/2014
SPA 201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Treber is a terrible professor. The only reason I did well in this class is because it was the exact same material that I learned in my last year of Spanish in high school. One time he left the notes on the board from our class and said that he would use them for his next class...the Spanish 102 class! Ummm...?!

04/28/2014
SPA312 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I am a Spanish Education Major at Taylor. If you can avoid taking a class with Dr. Treber, I would HIGHLY recommend it.He spends more of class time telling stories than teaching. His idea of a lecture for the day is asking us if we have questions about the reading materials. Our homework is fill in the blank, so everyone just memorizes, not learns.

04/08/2014
SPA312 SPA422 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Don't do it. Just don't.

03/08/2014
good
SPA201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Students should expect to review the day's material prior to class. Those who view textbooks/handouts as "supplementary" material, only needed when lectures are unclear, will be frustrated. Challenge tempers excellence; yet, Dr. Treber is willing & available to help all who ask. Earnestly persevere and you will learn. It's not supposed to be easy.

12/10/2013
SPA 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Worst prof I have ever had. I've been a straight A student literally my entire life, and I had to work my tail off to pull out a B-. He is easily distracted, gets off subject more than he stays on, and claims to be "more than willing to help" struggling students but failed to make time for me b/c I had classes all through his office hours.

09/16/2013
SPA 312 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Run. RUN AWAY NOW!!! Definitely in the top five worst professors I've ever had. I often contemplated drilling a pencil through my brains during class just to make the torture stop. He's a nice man, but nice does not equate ability to teach.

01/23/2013
SPA202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Not a difficult class, given that you already know the material beforehand. He often gives out worksheets and expects students to do them without any explanation of the subject matter. Also, he tells a lot of pointless stories. He goes off on a lot of tangents and has excuses for everything. He is often 2 or 3 minutes late to class. Overall, a bore

09/05/2011
good
SPA202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Don't take this class if you want to slide by. This guy really cares about his subject, and will help you if you actually want to be helped. Great prof, but you really have to care and want to succeed. Most of the people who hate him wanted an easy class to fulfill their requirement. Don't be a whiner. Enjoy it, and take advantage of the resources.

04/13/2011
SPA102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Frustrating. Just... frustrating. Wants to help me, then never seems to follow through.

10/29/2010
SPA202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Im VERY surprised at his high rating on this. Look, when you give your class an exam and say "I DO expect you to fail, just try your hardest", that doesnt sound very accurate to me. Very unclear and stubborn. You may write this review off and claim that Im a lazy student or something but when my ONLY B is in SPA202 (GPA=3.89), somethings wrong

09/22/2010
Spa102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He goes on long, rambling tangents about his childhood that have nothing to do with the subject matter. Be prepared for frustrations, wasted time, and a weird accent.

08/31/2010
good
SPAN201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very good class?.and a student (6/7/10) who has sadly revealed more about himself than about the professor.

03/12/2010
SPA312 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Treber is really easy going and his class is entertaining. He is difficult to understand when he is speaking in Spanish though.

08/24/2005
good
Spanish Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love Trebs.

01/11/2005
good
SPA 201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Amazing!!!!!

05/22/2004
SPA 202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Seems to know his stuff, but what is with his voice? Hard to listen to for 50 minutes.

05/18/2004
good
SPA 201/2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

One of my favorite profs I've had at TU. A great teacher and really cares about his students. Never forgets a hometown :)

05/13/2003
good

By far the BEST Spanish teacher at Taylor. I really respected him for his personality and his teaching abilities. My advice for any Spanish student at Taylor... DON'T TAKE ANYONE ELSE!!! He's the only one that makes ANY sense!!!

04/29/2003
good
SPA Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

a great teacher, with a great personality... makes spanish fun!