in Fordham University at Lincoln Center that teach English Edit
1.9

05/14/2014
good
COLI 2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

She is fair. If you do all the readings, attend almost every class, and do the extra credit, you are doing to do well and probably very well. But if you don't do the extra credit or readings and miss too many classes, you will not do well at all. I think it's pretty fair. She's only a hard graded if you do not do extra credit or readings.

03/04/2014
COLI Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: WD

REALLY REALLY HARD... so many books and readings every WEEK !!! I was almost dead :-( I thought I could handle this before this class start, but the reality is nobody can survive this. So i withdrew this nightmire

02/11/2014
ENGL2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have taken many English courses before and I can honestly say she is the WORST professor I have ever had. This may be the first class that I do not get an A in. She is judgmental, rude, and arrogant. Shame on Fordham for hiring her. I expect better.

04/08/2013
ENGL2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Be prepared to be bombarded with work. I am taking her course for my EP2 (T&C W & I in Africa) requirement and am having an awful experience. She is the epitome of elitist academic - lots of knowledge but to who does it benefit? Certainly not the disenfranchised people we're studying. Lectures are very esoteric. Don't waste your time or money.

05/15/2012
COLI3664 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She is really nice and extremely intelligent but the class is very difficult and sometimes the lectures are hard to follow. Be prepared for tons of reading, I felt that this should have been a graduate level course. But she is really willing to help you outside of class.

12/21/2010
good
Lit1023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Although the course work was interestng I feel like her input was very bia's to her own situation. I took a caribbean lit class and she focused alot on the sexuaity of th readings which wasnt highlighted by the writers but emphasized alot by her. I just found the discussions annoying.

08/08/2008
good
ENLU001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mustafa... so many things to say. I did not enjoy the class whatsoever, as my roommate and I would always do a "countdown to hell" as we walked into our 3 hour 8:30 am class. The texts were interesting and I learned some. In recollection this class was beneficial to me, but Mustafa is one of the most boring teachers I've had.

01/17/2008
good
ENLUcomp Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Mustafa makes it about the education, not the grade. She doesn't deserve the bad rap whatsoever. She's a hard teacher, particular, and expects a lot, but if you are sick of hearing your writing is good then take her and actually learn something.

05/17/2007
good
COLP1210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very interesting text for this class. It expanded my interest level in topics in society a lot. But, she is a tough grader, and a very smart individual. Participation is key in her classes.

11/30/2006
good
CORU4400 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you are like the majority of the Fordham student body and prefer to take classes where you don't have to read much or think hard, then don't take a class with Mustafa. She is outrageously smart and her readings are challenging. Her breadth of knowledge is intimidating, but she isn't. If you want to learn, take one of her classes.