Fawzia Mustafa at Fordham University at Lincoln Center

Number of ratings 25 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

3/4/14

COLI

Grade ReceivedWD

REALLY REALLY HARD... so many books and readings every WEEK !!! I was almost dead :-( I thought I could handle this before this class start, but the reality is nobody can survive this. So i withdrew this nightmire

2/11/14

ENGL2000

I have taken many English courses before and I can honestly say she is the WORST professor I have ever had. This may be the first class that I do not get an A in. She is judgmental, rude, and arrogant. Shame on Fordham for hiring her. I expect better.

4/8/13

ENGL2000

Be prepared to be bombarded with work. I am taking her course for my EP2 (T&C W & I in Africa) requirement and am having an awful experience. She is the epitome of elitist academic - lots of knowledge but to who does it benefit? Certainly not the disenfranchised people we're studying. Lectures are very esoteric. Don't waste your time or money.

5/15/12

COLI3664

She is really nice and extremely intelligent but the class is very difficult and sometimes the lectures are hard to follow. Be prepared for tons of reading, I felt that this should have been a graduate level course. But she is really willing to help you outside of class.

12/21/10

Lit1023

Although the course work was interestng I feel like her input was very bia's to her own situation. I took a caribbean lit class and she focused alot on the sexuaity of th readings which wasnt highlighted by the writers but emphasized alot by her. I just found the discussions annoying.

8/8/08

ENLU001

Mustafa... so many things to say. I did not enjoy the class whatsoever, as my roommate and I would always do a "countdown to hell" as we walked into our 3 hour 8:30 am class. The texts were interesting and I learned some. In recollection this class was beneficial to me, but Mustafa is one of the most boring teachers I've had.

1/17/08

ENLUcomp

Mustafa makes it about the education, not the grade. She doesn't deserve the bad rap whatsoever. She's a hard teacher, particular, and expects a lot, but if you are sick of hearing your writing is good then take her and actually learn something.

5/17/07

COLP1210

Very interesting text for this class. It expanded my interest level in topics in society a lot. But, she is a tough grader, and a very smart individual. Participation is key in her classes.

11/30/06

CORU4400

If you are like the majority of the Fordham student body and prefer to take classes where you don't have to read much or think hard, then don't take a class with Mustafa. She is outrageously smart and her readings are challenging. Her breadth of knowledge is intimidating, but she isn't. If you want to learn, take one of her classes.

7/18/06

English

simply terrible.

7/19/05

Asian -Am. Lit.

Could have picked some better readings, but all in all good. Difficult grader, but really knows her stuff. Get on her good side by participating and showing your interest in the topic. If she knows you don't care, she won't care much for you. Helped me out a lot and wrote great recommendations.

7/2/05

cr/cw

you've got to be able to take some abuse, but the bottom line is, she's a fantastic and highly intelligent professor. if you take her class seriously and show genuine interest you will learn an immense amount. those who whine about her strictness probably did not receive a good grade. don't skip class, do EVERY assignment, and you will fare well.

4/1/05

enlu 1000

never have i met a teacher so horrible as mustafa.shes not afraid to tell u that u dont no anything which is somewhat good but hurtful. b4 this class,i nvr had lower then an A in english. now im barely pulling a b-. avoid her like the black plague.

3/2/05

Fresh Eng Lit

HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE...AVOID her like the plague!! You will simply not find a worse teacher at FCLC she is nasty, rude, condescending, snobissh and did I mention rude. A bad personality I could deal with but she is also demanding and a horrible teacher.I Have not learned ANYTHING!

12/16/04

lit & society

Very accomodating towards students. Any rudeness comes from nervousness. Don't take her personally--has a jittery constitution

10/17/04

Eng

I found her to be extremely rude. Way too demanding. Condescending towards students. My advice, stay away from MUSTAFA!!!! You are better off, especially if you are female.

8/9/04

Am. Plural

Rater Interest

RUDE, completely INCONSIDERATE of other peoples feelings or beliefs; did not learn a thing from her class, AVOID

5/29/04

Carib Lit

Rater Interest

Mustafa gives too much work and she is ALWAYS unclear. She um um ums all day long and is too tough a grader. If its not exactly what she thinks it should be, don't expect a good grade. Avoid her like the plague.

5/15/04

ENG

Rater Interest

Intimidating, but knows her stuff. Really likes to see students do well and participation is a huge thing with her, so do all your reading and double check your paper 8 times

4/1/04

English

Rater Interest

Awful person and teacher. Very rude outside of class and gives too much work in class. As an advisor, she is never helpful. Very rude to girls especially.

More English professors at Fordham University at Lincoln Center