in Fordham University at Lincoln Center that teach English Edit
1.9

05/14/2014
good
COLI 2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

She is fair. If you do all the readings, attend almost every class, and do the extra credit, you are doing to do well and probably very well. But if you don't do the extra credit or readings and miss too many classes, you will not do well at all. I think it's pretty fair. She's only a hard graded if you do not do extra credit or readings.

03/04/2014
COLI Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: WD

REALLY REALLY HARD... so many books and readings every WEEK !!! I was almost dead :-( I thought I could handle this before this class start, but the reality is nobody can survive this. So i withdrew this nightmire

02/11/2014
ENGL2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have taken many English courses before and I can honestly say she is the WORST professor I have ever had. This may be the first class that I do not get an A in. She is judgmental, rude, and arrogant. Shame on Fordham for hiring her. I expect better.

04/08/2013
ENGL2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Be prepared to be bombarded with work. I am taking her course for my EP2 (T&C W & I in Africa) requirement and am having an awful experience. She is the epitome of elitist academic - lots of knowledge but to who does it benefit? Certainly not the disenfranchised people we're studying. Lectures are very esoteric. Don't waste your time or money.

05/15/2012
COLI3664 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She is really nice and extremely intelligent but the class is very difficult and sometimes the lectures are hard to follow. Be prepared for tons of reading, I felt that this should have been a graduate level course. But she is really willing to help you outside of class.

12/21/2010
good
Lit1023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Although the course work was interestng I feel like her input was very bia's to her own situation. I took a caribbean lit class and she focused alot on the sexuaity of th readings which wasnt highlighted by the writers but emphasized alot by her. I just found the discussions annoying.

08/08/2008
good
ENLU001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mustafa... so many things to say. I did not enjoy the class whatsoever, as my roommate and I would always do a "countdown to hell" as we walked into our 3 hour 8:30 am class. The texts were interesting and I learned some. In recollection this class was beneficial to me, but Mustafa is one of the most boring teachers I've had.

01/17/2008
good
ENLUcomp Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Mustafa makes it about the education, not the grade. She doesn't deserve the bad rap whatsoever. She's a hard teacher, particular, and expects a lot, but if you are sick of hearing your writing is good then take her and actually learn something.

05/17/2007
good
COLP1210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very interesting text for this class. It expanded my interest level in topics in society a lot. But, she is a tough grader, and a very smart individual. Participation is key in her classes.

11/30/2006
good
CORU4400 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you are like the majority of the Fordham student body and prefer to take classes where you don't have to read much or think hard, then don't take a class with Mustafa. She is outrageously smart and her readings are challenging. Her breadth of knowledge is intimidating, but she isn't. If you want to learn, take one of her classes.

07/18/2006
English Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

simply terrible.

07/19/2005
good
Asian -Am. Lit. Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Could have picked some better readings, but all in all good. Difficult grader, but really knows her stuff. Get on her good side by participating and showing your interest in the topic. If she knows you don't care, she won't care much for you. Helped me out a lot and wrote great recommendations.

07/02/2005
good
cr/cw Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

you've got to be able to take some abuse, but the bottom line is, she's a fantastic and highly intelligent professor. if you take her class seriously and show genuine interest you will learn an immense amount. those who whine about her strictness probably did not receive a good grade. don't skip class, do EVERY assignment, and you will fare well.

04/01/2005
enlu 1000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

never have i met a teacher so horrible as mustafa.shes not afraid to tell u that u dont no anything which is somewhat good but hurtful. b4 this class,i nvr had lower then an A in english. now im barely pulling a b-. avoid her like the black plague.

03/02/2005
Fresh Eng Lit Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE...AVOID her like the plague!! You will simply not find a worse teacher at FCLC she is nasty, rude, condescending, snobissh and did I mention rude. A bad personality I could deal with but she is also demanding and a horrible teacher.I Have not learned ANYTHING!

12/16/2004
good
lit & society Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Very accomodating towards students. Any rudeness comes from nervousness. Don't take her personally--has a jittery constitution

10/17/2004
Eng Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I found her to be extremely rude. Way too demanding. Condescending towards students. My advice, stay away from MUSTAFA!!!! You are better off, especially if you are female.

08/09/2004
Am. Plural Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

RUDE, completely INCONSIDERATE of other peoples feelings or beliefs; did not learn a thing from her class, AVOID

05/29/2004
Carib Lit Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Mustafa gives too much work and she is ALWAYS unclear. She um um ums all day long and is too tough a grader. If its not exactly what she thinks it should be, don't expect a good grade. Avoid her like the plague.

05/15/2004
good
ENG Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

Intimidating, but knows her stuff. Really likes to see students do well and participation is a huge thing with her, so do all your reading and double check your paper 8 times