in Pasadena City College that teach Science Edit
Yuet-Ling O'Connor
Professor in the Science department
at Pasadena City College, Pasadena, CA
are you Yuet-Ling O'Connor?

11/22/2013
good
Enviro 1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

GREAT TEACHER!! I'd highly reccommend her! VERY interesting! Also, no book and class discussions are discussion based!!

04/26/2013
ENVS1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

she is "fun" and teaches class her way. she states her views as fact, encourages discussion but if you are wrong you are laughed at and ignored as if your ideas are wrong, she will always be right. she prefers her method of teaching, no book, no homework and expects you to do everything and be interested as much as she is. her class = easy = work

01/03/2013
good
eviro1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Ling was great! I learned so much from her that I can take with me into my everyday life. She was helpful and nice and the movies and videos we saw were truly helpful and relevant. She was understanding if you needed to miss class or came late. She tried to make class fun. But stressed the importance of activism and educating oneself.

12/12/2012
good
Envs0246 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Ling is so cool. Like she's really chill about attendance, missing works [you have until the end of the semester to make it up], quizzes, etc. Like I love everything about her class. She makes the class really fun and you actually learn something from it. I would take her again if she teaches other classes.

12/06/2012
good
Envs1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Ling hands down is the best professor at pcc in all aspects! She is amazing take my word for it!! she always responds to emails and will excuse a rational absence =]

05/24/2011
Physc37 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Honestly I would have learned much more if this class had more structure. If you take her be prepared to hear her laugh every 5 minutes. Everything talked about in class is all doom and gloom, not one thing about how to fix any of the problems. Take if you want an easy A or B, or take someone else if you really want to learn

03/24/2011
good
PHYSC37 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This teacher is amazing. She changes your views and makes things clear, and gives you emotional attachment to what you are learning, hence, you wont forget any of it. She is passionate about what shes teaching and that makes you passionate. TAKE HER

02/18/2010
Physc27 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Great course, overall. If you're looking to change how you look at life, this class is a must. I turned Vegan thanks to Long, and proud of my choice! Friendly class environment, however, the tests are difficult and complicated. Ask a lot of questions, and participate! Friendly instructor, but you'll be working more in groups, than lectured.

01/11/2010
good
PHYS0589 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I was surprised to learn so much about the water wasted all over the country. I appreciate my life more. She made me a better consumer and observer of natural resources. I am reinforced by her class, to make a bigger difference in the business decisions of american citizens.

07/18/2009
Physc37 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Not the class to learn about Physical Science. You will learn about yourself and your relationship to others. If you don't want to waste time academically, avoid her at all costs. She is on a personal quest.