John Gilderbloom at University of Louisville

John Gilderbloom

Number of ratings 18 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

3/26/14

Housing and Com

Very inspiring, demanding, passionate; the field trip to the neighborhoods near chemical plants was frightening. I wonder why Louisville allows these polluters to operate when they cause so much death and destruction. courageous teacher that gives the hidden side of Louisville. Five stars!

10/19/13

Urban Envir...

wonderful human being; he seems like a genius with a great heart.

Historic Preser

He sparkles and motivates. The real deal he triumphs over tragedy; an inspiration to anyone who has lost a loved one! He gets phone calls from Obama!

Historic Preser

The best class in the graduate program. He sparkles and motivates. The real deal he triumphs over tragedy; an inspiration to anyone who has lost a loved one!

4/9/11

UPA606

Well I learned a lot and that will be helpful with my dissertation in terms of picking methods. I thought he was pretty intense like one day I was late for class maybe fifteen minutes and he got on the phone and called me asking where I was. He then wrote me an email and said: Don't you ever come late again. He is passionate about statistics.

1/13/11

PLAN0004

Housing and Community Development was a nice seminar to finish up here at UofL. I gather that several Professors are jealous of Dr. Gilderbloom's success or style. He never has any notes or power points, it just comes flowing like a a rushing river. He is not PC and is not afraid to be critical of housing and community regulations.

8/25/10

PLAN625

I also took Historic Preservation and I think students loved this a lot more. But how can you miss when you have someone that takes you on Saturday morning walking tours, wrote a state-wide historic preservation study, and is an advocate for preservation by connecting it to jobs, sustainable development and new urbanism. Great elective to take.

8/25/10

PLANBike

Highly reommended NOt your typical tired professor-loves research. The focus was to do a real research that involved conducting a survey, writing up the results and learning how research is done. Dr. G was real demanding but it was exciting to do this project and hopefully see it published. Dr. G thanks for letting us do a real bike plan.

9/7/09

PLAN680

I apprecaited the many field trips we went on including going up to Cincy. Dr. Gilderbloom's published work on Kentucky preservation was powerful. The fact that he has hands on experience renovating at least 10 Victorian homes is pretty impressive. I don't mind his big ego because I expect my Professors to be on top of their own game. Wow!

1/23/06

housing

I always enjoyed G-blooms classes, even the Saturday classes that I took. He manages to make classes interesting and teaches through real-life examples. I recommend his historic preservation class.

1/17/06

Ph.D. methods

The Professor is excellent. Lots of examples from his applied experience. Jokes helped make some of the boring material more interesting. Too many homework assignments should cut from 8 to maybe 5. I highly recommend this professor for methods. Made a rather boring class intersting. .

1/17/06

Housing

I found Dr. G-bloom to be a fantastic addition to the university. I learned a lot about city politics and development as well as historical significance. You should have an open mind when taking his class and be prepared to be amazed. I highly recommend this class.

1/9/06

housing

12/12/05

Housing

I have taken two classes from him. Methods was good but structured. The Saturday morning housing class was overflowing with students. It was the best class I have ever taken at a University. He uses no lecture notes and for three hours he engages us with cutting edge ideas or even better takes us on walking tours. He is brilliant, fun, & sexy.

11/23/05

Methods

Gilderbloom promises not to dumb down his course like others here. He teaches it just like he did at the University of California, University of Wisconsin or University of Texas. It is great; it could be boring--but wow he makes it fun.Its a great way to learn. Some of the Bush students don't like him talking about gays and drugs. Best class

5/21/03

UPA

Rater Interest

5/9/03

policy

Rater Interest

GPA fodder professor. But not worth anything if really plan to learn anything. Thinks he's God gift. God must be joking.

More Business professors at University of Louisville