in University of Hawaii: Windward Community College that teach English Edit

05/02/2013
ENG 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She lovers her job and it shows. Her class is pretty easy as long as you put the work in. She gives out a lot of writing assignments, often one on top of the other. I had to dedicate more of my time to her class than any other. She doesn't respond to e-mail often and isn't really clear on some assignments which is frustrating.

06/13/2011
good
ENG100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great teachers whos passionate about their subject and interested in students. Hard work, but she offers a lot of opportunities for help.

05/03/2011
good
Eng100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I enjoyed Ms. Shibuya's class. There's alot of writing (as expected) but she was helpful and at the end of the semester my writings skills improved. Was very enthusiastic and you could tell she liked teaching, which is always the best type to learn from.

12/18/2009
good
Eng100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Ms. Shibuya is a very intelligent and interesting teacher. She has a very outgoing personality, and has a good sense of humor. Homework every night, no quizzes although she rarely assigns in-class essays.

12/08/2008
good
ENG255 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mrs. Shibuya is on outstanding educator. Her encouragement has propelled me with my writing. The minute you don't understand her assignment(s), JUST ASK! Her approachability is commendable. She embodies what professors should be. I wish she could teach all levels of english and writing. She is by far my favorite professor EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/04/2008
good
ENG255 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Jean is an outstanding teacher, she loves her work as much as she loves her students and it shows. She has been there for as long as WCC has and is still going strong. She may grade harsh at times but only to push students to their full potential. She comes highly reccomended in my book, and many others.

04/22/2008
good
Eng22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is a great teacher and always puts fun into things. She has a great sense of humor and is VERY helpful; all you need to do is ask. I would take her again!

02/06/2008
good
ENG100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I loved her. She's willing to help, whenever you need it. College is pretty much a self directed learning process, therefore, if you need help, just ASK..and she's there, no doubt. She's awesome and fun. Great for the nontraditional student.

12/11/2007
Eng100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Professor Shibuya is nice and approachable, but the clarity of her assignments and activities aren't very clear. When I asked her to specificy or clarify the work I was left with more questions than before. Yes, it does depend on the student but let me add that about half the students in the class are just as confused as I am.

05/24/2007
good
EBG22 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Jean Shibuya is an AWESOME teacher!! Being a parent and starting school later then usual she is very understanding and always willing to help!! She has a funny side and makes you laugh in class. If I could have her as a teacher again, I would definitely choose her!! She is very encouraging and wants to see you succeed!! I truly LOVE her class!!