Andrew Bergstein at Pennsylvania State University

Andrew Bergstein

Number of ratings 73 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

1/26/11

MKTG445

Easiest, most straight-forward professor in the world? No. But true learning isn't about regurgitating facts. It's about learning how to think. Will it help if you stay up on current events outside of class? You should anyway being you are there to be educated, but besides that, yes. Great professor, and you will agree looking back.

8/29/10

BA303

I had a soul when I walked into the classroom, but as the semester progressed my soul would dispear. This class was the worst class ever. We learned toliet paper. And he lives in a lucky box. Ask him about it. If you value your soul, do not take him.

5/11/10

MKTG445

Bergstein is a great guy, and genuinely cares about every student. If you participate and make an effort to talk to him, you should do well. However, his class is very disorganized and his quizzes always have typos, double answers, terrible grammar, etc. I think he types it up 5 minutes before class. Overall, I really enjoyed going to his class.

1/9/10

mktg455

To sum it up: He said at the end of the semester that we don't need finals or to learn anything substantial cause "you can just look it up on the internet these days". It seems good when you only have quizzes, but he has very unclear lectures/notes. I think I only got an A cause my class had persistent suck ups that got the rest of us freebie pts.

1/4/10

MKTG445

Bergstein is a great person to know and gives a lot of good advice outside of class. His class however is a mess with no structure. Classes are interesting and go by fast but you will leave wondering what just happened. Weekly quizzes are difficult and are not a reflection of what was discussed in class.

12/25/09

Easiest A in a 400 level class. No exams just weekly quizzes

7/16/09

BA303

Bergstein is a bit of a paradox: he makes class fun and interesting, but at the same time your exam scores will not benefit AT ALL from attending. All he does is talk about random trivia, which is entertaining especially when you can win $50 gift cards, but less than 5% of the exam material is from class. Great entertainer, AWFUL professor.

5/29/09

BA303

Andrew is a great professor, but an even better person. I saw the negative comments here and couldn't disagree more with them. If you take the time to get to know him you'll be able to get some real world advice and have a great resource in an employment search. Find classes with him and take them.

5/18/09

BA303

I CANT NOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW MUCH OF A WASTE OF TIME THIS CLASS IS. DO NOT TAKE HIM! YOU WILL LEARN NOTHING ABOUT MARKETING! We talked about Starbucks coffee, footbal1, and blackberries. than you have to remember and try to guess what collection of random facts he will put on the exam.. he always contradict what the textbook says. WASTE OF TIME!

3/26/09

BABA

HORRIBLE. I had him for freshman seminar and thought i'd give him another shot for BA but what a mistake. He DOES NOT teach he just rambles on and on about nothing. His exams are poorly written (some questions don't even use correct grammar) and you'll be extremely unprepared for them. Avoid him any way you can.

3/26/09

BA303

WORST PROFESSOR EVER! Avoid at all costs. Puts agenda up on screen and then doesn't go over any slides directly. Tests are poorly worded and extremely difficult. Makes class awkward with participation activities: guys taking off shirts, trying to get people to kiss each other with his "kiss cam". Stupid class, extremely frustrating.

3/4/09

BA302

if you want to learn nothing about marketing take him for your junior core. he always points out students he has had in the past. He teaches nothing. The exams have random facts on them--know the slides especially the figure x-x. he is obsessed with sports You have to go to class-tests random stuff. Complete waste of time.

9/29/08

BA242

By far the worst teacher I have ever had at Penn State. Was at least 15 minutes late to class every day and taught nothing worth my time. Information wasn't relative to the subject, all he talked about were his experience and useless trivia questions. He didn't teach me anything and wasted my time. AVOID HIM.

9/29/08

MKTG445

This class is taught like no other marketing class. Prof. Berstein discusses current events and their respective marketing implications. One of the best classes I've taken at Penn State. And Prof. Berstein wants all of his students to succeed.

9/8/08

MKTG497A

This is an awesome class that Bergstein and his co-instructor, John Powell, are ruining. I've seriously never seen such a disorganized class in my entire life. It's a joke. He has managed to take a class with the potential to be one of the best classes at Penn State and ruined it. Gotta love that.

8/4/08

BA242

He is a nice guy and definitely keeps class interesting, even if it is a bit disorganized. I did not feel his lectures clearly defined what we needed to know, but he would make sure we knew what to study in the end. Grading was fair and overall a good class.

5/28/08

BA242

This guy thinks so highly of himself it's hilarious. He gives away money to make kids like him. If you can put up with the ego, then you can get an easy A.

5/22/08

mktg111

I graduated from PSU 10 years ago and when I saw this site I had to rate this teacher. I realized that he was usless after he returned 2 separate papers (20+ pages each)without any comments on them. He just wrote a letter grade. When I asked for clarification he said it was "too vague". He won't even read your work.

5/19/08

BA242

Very nice guy. Sure he rambled a bit and didn't follow the notes, but he told us what was on the test so I had no problems there. I personally looked forward to going to class and he kept me at least somewhat interested. I would take him again if I could...

5/12/08

BA242

Ask Bergstein to describe himself in one word and he would say god. Half theclass is about how he flies in private jets with CEOs and what not. Overall,I thought he gave some goodlectures but he lacked incovering the coursematerial. Lazy guy inthe end, alwaysmade excuses reminding us that he wasonly a sub, no wonder he isnt teaching ethics nextyear

More Marketing professors at Pennsylvania State University