in Anderson University that teach Theology Edit
at Anderson University, Anderson, IN
are you Fred Shively?

12/18/2013
good
GREEK Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Good guy, a little out there sometimes theologically, but he doesn't push it to hard on students. Greek is a hard language and he does his best to make it manageable. The class moves REALLY fast though, so keep up. The text for the classis awful though. IDK if he's just using it because he knows it or the department makes him though

12/18/2013
good

Good guy, a little out there sometimes theologically, but doesn't push it to hard. Greek is a hard language and he does his best to make it manageable. The class moves REALLY fast though, so keep up. The text for the classis awful though. IDK if he's just using it because he knows it or the department makes him though.

02/15/2011
good
GreekI Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Shively truly wants you to succeed, and he will give you the benefit of the doubt if you earn it. He possesses a wonderfully liberal theology and is a fantastic mentor.

01/13/2010
good
BIBL2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Nicest guy ever! He always wanted input and truly cared about us. He said a lot of things that shocked the class and even the few times I disagreed with him, I appreciated that he challenged my thinking. Be careful though-his tests are HARD. However, the extra credit and curved grading help a lot!

01/01/2009
good
GREEK1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Shively is a brilliant figure head in our University. He is a master of language, and was very helpful to me when I was struggling with Greek quite a bit. Took all 4 semesters of it, thanks to him.

05/06/2008
good
BIBL2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He has a few radical beliefs about the Bible and God, but I did learn a lot from him about different viewpoints of the Bible and controversies that I never knew existed. The tests are very difficult, but he curves the grades at the end of the semester and allows you unlimited extra credit (which is a lot of work for few points.) Take good notes!

05/05/2008
CMIN2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is THE sweetest man alive. Yet he presents his views as facts, does not follow the syllabus or organize the class, and unfortunately doesn't know when to stop preaching and start teaching. A very liberal professor (so he's smart), yet he never seems to present the other side of things. Great person, but more of a poor preacher than a teacher.

04/09/2008

Shively is an incredibly sweet man, but his views are extremely controversial. He states his opinion like it is fact and it is "not up for discussion". There was rarely a day when I was not offended by things that he said. I would especially ward off any conservative people from his class. He likes to put things on tests that he never talks about.

03/09/2007
good
Bible2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is a man of grace and compassion. Knowing him will only better you. The class was by no means an easy A, but it was by far and large not my hardest either. You really should take any oppurtunity you can to work with this man.

11/02/2006
BIBL2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is a really nice guy, but he can't teach I haven't learned anything in his class. I don't what to expect on his tests because he rambles on about a lot of different things. But as a person he is great.

10/26/2006
bible2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I agree, nice guy, but horrible teacher. His class has no form of organization. Sure get to know him, but dont take him.

04/24/2006
good
a lot Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Okay I've had him a lot and here's the deal: the class itself might not be that great, but get to know the man. You might not agree with all of his theology but since when is being challenged a bad thing? But just get to know him. he is very wise and very well traveled

04/08/2006
good
multiple Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I wish this man taught more classes cause I would take all of them. He is by far the wisest person I know (especially when it comes to Bible knowledge) but remains humble. He's had so many life experiences. Don't expect a rock-solid curriculim, he's very conversational in his teaching style. He challenges your faith. He also has great style!

11/29/2005
BIBLE 2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

10/30/2005
good
BIBL 3260,Greek Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He has a very good command of the language and is very gracious with grades

10/26/2005
good
bibl 2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Shively is an amazing guy. He is a great Christian and he really knows Jesus. I think he is the best professor I have ever had. His classes aren't about only letter grades, but true learning and understanding of the nature of God. I would recommend him to anyone who really wishes to learn about religion and not just get a good grade.

10/03/2005
Bible Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Shively is a nice guy but a horrible professor. He doesn't give students any insight into what he expects on papers. When I had my papers returned, there were no comments AT ALL that would give me any direction as to what I could improve for the next paper. He seems to pass out grades with no though whatsoever. He should be a pastor, not a prof.

09/07/2005
bible Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

shive is a nice guy but a bad teacher. he taught me to think outside the perverbial box when it comes to religion, but he did it indirectly. dont pay attention to what he says he believes, try to focus on not being like him.

08/30/2005
good

Prof. Shively knows the Greek language, no question. My concerns stem from his erroneous understanding of the Gospel, and his propensity to expound on his hard left political views. As an example: He believes that in parts of the Bible, God didn't say what He really meant. Naturally, Shively is more than willing to help God out. Good luck.

05/01/2005
good
Cmin2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Not bad