Don Case at Central Michigan University - Metro

Number of ratings 31 / Average Grade:  F Submit a correction

1/9/14

ACC 203

Grade ReceivedF

Students please do not take this instructor. This Instructor was not there when we needed help. At one point I told him I did not understand and he said nothing. I would not be surprised if the good rating were the Instructor himself. I don't know how this man became an Instructor. The book is not suppose to teach/Instruct us the Instructor...

1/9/14

ACC 203

Grade ReceivedF

Students do not take this Instructor. This Instructor was never there. I wouldn't be surprised if all the good or green ratings on this site wasn't the instructor himself. I would ask for help he would not respond. One time I told him I do not understand he still did not respond now my financial aid is in jeopardy. Do not take this class.

6/21/13

Accounting 203

This was my worst class I had ever had I felt I was talking to a robot at times and needed to generate images to see was he real!! you no how many online sites ask you to enter the letters and numbers you see on the screen this is what I felt I needed to do with this instructor. He did not say one word to us all semester long. Poor excuse for..

9/13/10

ACC203

Class was very difficult. Professor was hard to reach or wouldn't respond to emails. Lots of homework and even if you do well, the tests are almost impossible (even as open book). I'd recommend taking a different professor, he was not helpful.

8/27/09

ACC203

I don't even know how he got into this position. He doesn't like to help you when you ask for it. You ask him a question and get one word answers! Total jerk! I recommend taking another Accounting professor. This one only does it for the $-HE DOESN'T LIKE HELPING HIS STUDENTS!

5/4/09

ACC202

This class isn"t a cake walk but its not that difficult either. You must pay attention, take notes and do the homework. you will not do well in this class if you don't apply yourself. The test are open book and you can use your notes/homework. Case is very helpful & will work with you before and after class to ensure you understand the material.

10/18/08

acc203

This was by far the hardest under-grad level class I've ever taken...and I already have my bachelors. I took this as a pre req for grad classes and was less than impressed by the prof. I don't recommend taking this online as you pretty much have to teach yourself everything and when you ask him a question or for clarity, he makes it more confusing.

9/27/08

acc203

DO NOT TAKE THIS COURSE IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR GRADE. Class is frustrating. Exercises on syllabus are not done in class as stated. Lots of homework. You may do great on homework and fail the exams. Exams are multiple choice and mostly trick questions. Book is useless. Inst. is unfamiliar with new material in book. DO NOT SUBJECT YOURSELF.

4/28/08

acc203

Very difficult and frustrating class!Teacher used new book assign. by acc. department. Not real familiar with it and it was as if you were teaching yourself. He is "old school" teacher and nothing comes easy. Forget about asking him for help or further expalnation on problems. Nice guy but hard teacher. Suggest getting study groups formed asap.

4/28/08

Acc203

Acc 203- Class was very difficult! Mr.Case is "old school" and nothing comes easy. I Suggest at beginning of class to partner up with classmates. He feels you can learn from each other. Don't ask him for help. Book was new to acc. department and teacher still learning new material. It was like teaching yourself!

4/5/08

acc203

test not related to in class activity, hard ball, rambles about personal experiences,

12/14/07

ACC202

Need a book. Lots of assignments and very difficult exams. Nice guy, hope you like the military and the Bradley fighting vehicle because you will hear a lot about both.

11/21/07

ACC203

He is really tough! Assigns graded homeowrk assignments on things that were never explained in class. The test had typos and some things were not covered. He is fair and will work with you if your having a hard time BUT good luck!

7/10/07

ACC201

Strongly suggest finding another professor. Case has difficulties truly teaching subject; only exercises with little introduction (no why, when). Majority of class is confused during lectures. After his test, you feel cheated. Majority of test is not covered in class. I've not only lost my 4.0, but mainly I feel cheated out of my education.

2/21/07

ACC201

My biggest problem was that the exams had almost nothing to do with what he taught on a weekly basis and yes, he actually did tell us that it's our responsibility to teach ourselves. I do like that he replied to my e-mails very quickly and did help me when I needed it. Watch out for his rambling though, it can get annoying. He keeps you past 9pm.

2/10/07

acct201

does not prepare you for his exams, tells class after mid-term that they are responsible to learn the material....he is not responsible to teach it he already knows the material

8/2/06

ACC 202

This was a rough eight weeks. Nice guy, but I have to admit he is a chronic rambler. Lectures and homework did not relate to each other and the open book tests were difficult. If you really want to learn accounting in detail you should seriously consider not taking him.

5/26/06

acc 201

Avoid at all costs. Very unclear. Take Medved, he is much better.

1/5/06

ACC 201 and 202

Mr. Case is a gem. He taught me a ton about accounting/finance AND I learned how to fly a helicopter.

8/26/05

ACC 202

Don Case works with you to understand the material and gives you a lot of chances to do well in the class. I had no interest in Managerial Accounting and learned a great deal about how management makes decisions. I enjoyed the class. Do the homework, it helps balance out test grades. The tests are not tough, but you do need to study.

More Accounting professors at Central Michigan University - Metro